Veeky Forums

Veeky Forums

Fair enough, you may look great. Yeah, maybe you do.

Any other hobbies? Me personally, I've just started learning the violin (I'm 22). I hope you train your mind as well as your body.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0spIxP_Xdyg
youtube.com/watch?v=DaugRxMz7tw
youtube.com/watch?v=ju1FiSt0TOY
medicalxpress.com/news/2013-05-women-men-guitar.html
youtube.com/watch?v=f8-TqIPGUXE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do you realise how hard violin is op?

YOU slave away practicing SCALES while CHAD plays AN ACHINGLY BEAUTIFUL RENDITION OF THE TCHAIKOVSKY CONCERTO on DAY ONE

At that point it's XAVIER

congratz you only started 16 years to late but no worys you got this bud because you are T.A.L.E.N.TE.D i mean its only 3 strings how hard can that be? you got this user, i know it because you are violin now and its smart and youl learn it and do it and it will work because its trues

I'm 22 and just started learning piano. Wish me luck.

I can play viola, draw well, and am very imaginative. but the most "better than 99.9% of Veeky Forums" thing I can do is talk to people.

A violin is four strings brah, look at the four tuners on the neck.

And OP, that's total bullshit. I picked up the violin at 16 and can play pretty much anything by ear at my current age (22). You can do this if you practice EVERY day for a minimum of one hour. No excuses.

Chess - tournaments. It is good for mental gains - tough though. Especially when some 4 year old Asian kid whips your ass without trying.

Good on you lad, I'm 22 as well and have been practicing cello two hours a day for the past year. Hope to be able to play Bachs Cello Suite No.1 real soon.

I play the six stringy thingi

youtu.be/0spIxP_Xdyg

CHAD plays WONDERWALL and gets mad PUSSY while you GIT GUD and SCREAM at your stringy while doing SCALES

I play guitar, piano, bass, drums and sing.

Btw violin is a royal pain in the ass, I have to work fix them as part of my job you fuckers are horrible with your instrument

I've been playing the violin and piano for about 16 years, just picked up singing a month or so ago. I also world build, design shitty tabletop games, and make condiments.

he never said he wanted to be a concert violinist. the dude just wants to play a violin.

Good luck

I play classical guitar and I can't wrap my head around piano. Reading treble and bass clef simultaneously is just a mind fuck, plus I'm 27 and I'm skeptical of the returns of any investment I make in it.

I'd rather just git gud with guitar than fiddle around with multiple instruments to no particular avail.

Fucking merlin arms and shredding

>Making a les paul look small

Ur a big boy.

Im trying with singing. I actually suck at it but im bringing myself comfortable with chest and mixed voice and Im doing improvements.

Need to fix my form because im fucking up my throat tho.

Same breh. Let's fucking do this.

>just started learning the violin
>thinks he's entitled to even mention it on the internet
Fuck off, peasant. Come back after you can play Locatelli to tempo.

Keep at it and dont strain too much bruh.
That said, you cant hit those high notes if you never push for it. A couple years ago I couldn't sing well above speaking range, now I can banshee wail like King Diamond himself. Now I work on singing lower (already a baritone), my goal is getting a solid E.

>parents forced piano lessons for 6+ years
>also took up violin, guitar, and flute
>dropped them all
>suck at music (rhythm mainly) despite practice
>haven't played anything in 10 years
>wasted so much of parents' money

12 year piano-lord here, I can answer any questions if you like

I can read music fine but I can't sight-read difficult pieces and play them on the spot. It's not even necessary depending on your goals. I took classical lessons for 8 years, then learned whatever songs I liked for a few years, and a couple years ago I started to learn blues/boogie and how to solo and improvise tunes. It's a nice feeling to just walk up to a piano and jam a fresh tune.

>12 year

Get rekt underage fag. Enjoy your ban.

this one got me

I play bass guitar on a band, its a thunderbird and I use it low, so most people think I play regular guitar, It won't make you more attractive by any means, but music is such a nice hobbie, it transport you to a better world everytime I play

***it transport me to a better world everytime I play

What grade are you? How long will it take me to complete grade 1?

I never did the grading system but the most difficult song I play is Beethoven's Sonata Pathetique which is a grade 8 piece I think. I don't know what's required to complete any given grade, but I can tell you mastering the basic chords, inversions, and their scales, is probably the best place to start. You don't have to learn every key but at least C and G to start and you can go on from there. Are you familiar at all with music theory or how to read sheet music?

Paintball
A
I
N
T

1v1 me
InspectorGambit on lichess

>chess
>something machines can do better than man
>good for mental gains

18 here, piano comes really easily to me, as well as violin and upright bass, but I can't figure out the guitar at all

>machines can lift more than men
>physical gains are bullshit
That's the idiot logic you use.

>completely misses the point
>doesn't understand why his analogy fails
>calls other idiots
Name one alternative to building strength than to lifting.

that was bretty gud user

OP, I play bass guitar it's pretty dope, always wanted to play it but didn't want to commit cuz fear of failure and shit. Got one while in uni cuz needed hobby and finally gave up on life so said fuck it. I'd be down to learn to play the violin so I could be a fiddler but I lack the finger dexterity (nerve damage from an injury back in the day). Practice like a mutherfucker and you'll get there. I'd say at least an hour a day at least, with someone that knows what they're doing preferably- I'm teaching myself and it's slow going Just don't give up, you'll be shit and get demotivated because you can't play all the cool stuff you want to, but you'll get it eventually- everyone has the potential to be a master if they put in the work.

Was chess good for mental gains before man invented a chess machine? How many things are good for mental gains now that you can say a machine will not be able to do better in the future?

Good luck. I played the violin for about 9 years. I hated it. But I miss it at the same time

I know how to read music and I do have a teacher. I'm not sure what music theory is. I a, sure I want to do the grading system tho. Is music theory important?

>oil painting/drawing
>Motorcycle/car/small engine repair
>photography
>hiking
>fishing
>pretending to be chad
>Cooking
>being a filthy weeb
god I spend to much time on this website

Here's your reply smug poster

I'm tired of retards saying this. Your conclusion doesn't follow from your premise at all.

>locatelli
>not the violin equivalent of through the fire and flames
Something being "hard" doesn't make it good user.

Practice makes better user, I tell that to my six year old every day. She's been doing it for four months and is only just now playing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". It's fucking adorable. Helps that I practice piano and guitar every other day so she sees someone doing it and draws motivation from that.

you have a 6 year old? :3

I draw, play piano, a little guitar, write a bit, but my true hobby is singing. Classical singing, for which I have 10 years training and I'm pretty good. I've done a few stage shows, some concerts, more competitions than I can to remember. It's my go to.

Oh and beat boxing, but I don't really brag about that one since it's not as impressive as proper training in a true art form.

I'm 26 and I've been swing dancing for a year and a half. I'm still godawful but I've improved a whole fucking lot since beginning.

That's a great way to meet qts though, proper ones too that haven't seen miles of cock yet.

>proper ones too that haven't seen miles of cock yet
I don't know about that one, user. Lots of girls in dance get a lot of male attention.

tfw no qt norwegian violinist gf

youtube.com/watch?v=DaugRxMz7tw

tell me ur secrets user

Piano is goat tier
>mfw you realize there are plebs who will never understand musical genius
>mfw mozart

>not getting big by playing big boi riffs
youtube.com/watch?v=ju1FiSt0TOY

>Mozart
>good

Lrn2Romantic fag

Play the trumpet, sax, piano, bass, and guitar.

Aside from that, I read, cook a lot, and do computer engineering.

People like you make memes great again

Drums. Played almost 10 years now, semi-professional.
People who brag about creative endeavors without experience like OP have a long way to go.

Musical kek
Edit: pic related. What? I haven't even got an idea how to use a proxy, let alone the dates being completely off
Did this happen to anyone else?

Were they out of GLORIOUS NIPPON KATANAS M'neckbeard?

you have been handed the ip of a person that got baned in europe at least most ISPs cycle what ip you have on a daily basis

I'm on mobile data. Does all this work the same?

you cant wrap your head around piano when guitar is far harder

this but replace this with just started doing anything
especially fitness, I hate loud newbies

I play guitar I cant get enough, but i only like metal which is asspie level but I love the fast aggressiveness of it all pic related its my girl

Played bass guitar for years, took up classical double bass. Profoundly harder.

> train your mind
We call it STEM degrees.

How self-absorbed are you to announce you're starting a new hobby on Veeky Forums?

kek, viola.
violin too hard for you buddy?

you can't be serious.
guitar is the easiest instrument by far.

Lately I dont even know, between studies, work and dating I dont even do much for fun. Video games/Netflix maybe?

Oh and drinking.

You're retarded.

Oh please drink bleach.
I started on guitar, switched to saxophone, then drums, then piano and settled on piano. Guitar is by far the easiest, piano is by far the hardest.

As a player of both (7 on guitar, 5 on piano)
Guitar is generally harder

you're retarded.
the reason every loser plays guitar is because it's piss easy.
Piano or any orchestral instrument is leagues harder.
the only thing easier than guitar is the drums.

recommend august burns red breh. it feels so gud playing their stuff

my hobby is masturbation. pretty much the only thing i'm good at

sure bro. the way notes are set out are much more complicated than a piano any retard can remember the notes on a fucking piano, thats why a lot of guitarist figure out the notes on a piano first then transfer it over when learning a new song. not to mention mastering good vibrato on guitar takes years, and on a piano? "hurrr ill just press this key and hit this pedal with my foot huuuurrrrr"

What's the point of arguing what is harder? There is infinite potential for learning on both of them.

Guitars have more control over one note so dynamics like muting, harmonics, bends, vibratos, legatos are a larger part.

However piano uses 10 fingers for notes instead of only 4 so the complexity of the music and the amount of brain power needed can be much higher.

>sure bro. the way notes are set out are much more complicated
If you think the guitar fretboard is complicated I feel sorry for you, you must be truly mentally challenged.
>not to mention mastering good vibrato on guitar takes years
It takes like a month or two once you've been made aware of what vibrato means.
>"and on a piano? "hurrr ill just press this key and hit this pedal with my foot huuuurrrrr"
While hitting up to ten notes with two seperate hands doing their own thing, controlling the pedal, reading the sheets, which consists of the notes for two seperate hands and the pedal. So you're basically reading three things at once and turning them into music in real time. On guitar? You're reading chords, or soloing with the same loudness the entire time and wiggling the string when a note is drawn out. Sounds like fucking rocket science.

>retards will actually argue about this shit
Why the fuck can't you guys just understand that they're both instruments with their own unique challenges and that they're both difficult?

I audibly kek'd..

I have to go practice scales..

>HURRRR ENGLISH ALFABET ONLY HAS 26 LETTERS THEREFORE SHAKESPEARIAN WORKS ARE SO SIMPLE TO PRODUCE HAHAHAH
have you considering taking multiple gunshots to your brain stem?

It's the style of guitar. If you just spam power chords then yeah its piss easy. If you play proper classical guitar, it's just as technically demanding and nuanced as piano or any other concert instrument.

I worked with this guy a few years ago who was older and had been left a Steinway piano by an uncle. The piano sat in his spare room and was slowly being covered by his wife's pictures, plates and figurines, and it was bothering him that the old thing wasn't being played, so he contacts a local teacher for instruction. The teacher tells him that he will have to practice for a minimum of thirty minutes a day for the next ten years of his life. He laughed in the teacher's face, and refused, complaining that he would be in his fifties by then. I remember thinking to myself as he told this story that he would be in his fifties anyway, and that he would have little to show for that time passed. You do what you want to do in this life, user. Want to get fit, paint a picture, write a poem, act in a play, or get your black belt in martial arts? Well, do something about it. Do something about it, or join the legion of idiots who think they are more clever in their fifties for not doing it.

>dissing viola
REEEEEEEEEEEE

Violins are for manlets anyway.

>teaching self to code
>duolingo (spanish, german)\
>guitar
>music collection
>compete in powerlifting
>reading books
>hentai collection

I am satisified for the time being

Veeky Forums is a 17 to 21 board. please leave

I've been playing bass for about 10 years and I play in a national touring band/do session work. It's a hobby I got really good at and turned it into a part time job.

I'm () and 27

Go fuck yourself

Playing the Banjo and being fit is the way to go

I build things out of junk and watch anime

yeah, classical guitar is just as hard, dude

but the reason every loser plays the guitar is that it's portable and good at accompanying voices

see medicalxpress.com/news/2013-05-women-men-guitar.html

This is actually false. Guitars lack the ability to sustain notes, even more so than piano. This means that works for (solo) guitar will in general involve very little counterpoint and polyphony compared to works for solo piano or violin, which is to say they are less complex.

leaning guitar again, goal is to be able to play something like this youtube.com/watch?v=f8-TqIPGUXE .

if I had a piano i would play the fuck out of that same if i had money for violin (guitar was present so freebe)

Play the electric guitar. Problem solved.

Electronics and piano, though I've been slacking on the latter lately
>soldering
>bros ask if they can try
>sure, whip out some practice boards I keep for that
>they handle the iron
>it's way too heavy for them to comfortly handle let alone have a steady hand with
>I can solder with it and got the heaviest I could on purpose (thermal mass is a big issue)
>hand gains

My fucking nigger.

I play clawhammer banjo, shit is super relaxing after a long day.

I play at competitive level of tetris, but not at high level, and make some electronic music on my computer.

I am more focused on studying chemistry at the moment. Don't have that many hobbies.
Maybe I should look into some more, but don't know what I would like.

Go for it. I've been playing cello for 26 years and that piece is still hard to pull off :)

They sound like shit tho

Then you might it might differ from person to person? That seems lie the logical conclusion
Piano came to me pretty easy from the start