Why does Britain English contain so many whimsical and quaint sounding terms?

Why does Britain English contain so many whimsical and quaint sounding terms?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jfq3c4Cf1Fs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Paki, wog, filthy Mick paddy cuntish, sweaty tight fisted jock, mine shaft dwelling leek slurping taffs, fingering fat slags up the shitter in the local spoons.

Truly us Anglos have a beautiful and noble language

average british public school banter

I was talking to a French girl about accents (I'm a bong and was wondering if France had as many as Britain) and she said French is learned from writing whilst English is more speech oriented so France only has like 3 types of accent (north, south, and Parisian) whilst bongs have loads because communities learned the language and thus picked up the accents. If this is true my guess would be that certain communities generated phrases and only recently have they become known to all bongs and thus are English phrases rather than say Cornish or Yorkist.

Fucking kek. It sounds like you guys were invented by an anthropology class project to produce the cutest lexicon ever.

In all fairness I'm from an area known for its poverty and shitness and we're colloquially called Orks

Cockney rhyming slang is responsible for a fair share of idiomatic english expressions.

don't forget a "vagina" becomes a "hairy axe wound"

British English is the most inventive and playful language in the world. Inventions, dialects, accents and innuendos are constantly evolving.

Other Englishes just can't compete and keep up.

The British just love 'playing with language' much more than others.

Lack of standardization and formalization. Modern English has dictionaries, of course, but Anglo dictionaries merely describe the words being used, they don't seek to prescribe HOW words should be used or spelled, they go by whatever the majority is actually using / spelling. This means catchy new words can spread quickly and don't need to wait for an academy to approve the word.

And in OP you say "British" English, but in fact this is true of all English dialects. You don't see adorkable Amerifat words like "sidewalk" and "gas" (for petroleum) as being cute because they're so familiar to you, but they really are.

It's just called English mate. If you want a prefix in front of it go to a country where English doesn't originate from

>Britain English
We’ve also got a work called: British. I think you’re a bit thick, you cunt.

>work
If you're going to be a twat, make sure you're not also being a mong.

People who live in class houses shouldn’t throw stones

Typos are a diamond dozen tho, give him some slacks.

Cunny, flange, minge, dripping wet knob sleeve

this thread is something of a damp squid

burst hedgehog

Sausage wallet

Gash

>mfw Amerifats call a motorised rollingham an "automobile"
>mfw Amerifats call a paved pedsetrian walkingway a "sidewalk"
>mfw Amerifats call fried potato crispy wispys "potato chips"
>mfw Amerifats call a sucky sucky sweety weety a "lolipop"
>mfw Amerifats call an oogy boogy choccy woccy num-num a "candy bar"

Only after a few kids.

With its vibrant, poetic prose and instantly recognisable passages, the King James Bible has had a shaping influence on the English language

An autocorrect typo is the same as “Britain English”. Your’re the mong.
Thanks for playing devil’s advocaat.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jfq3c4Cf1Fs

>Your’re
Let me guess: autocorrect?

nob jockey has always been and will continue to be my favourite insult. if i had to pick a SFW insult it would be muppet.

A lot of it is derived from Cockney rhyming slang, invented during the 19th century in the London East End to confound the local constabulary.

i.e. take me ol mush up the apples and pears to the take the gypsy's kiss out the artful dodger and nick his lynn