Underwater Weightlifting

If you go deep enough, wouldn't the pressure resist your motion for increased gains? How deep would you need to be before the buoyancy stops helping you? pic related

The legend has it Zyzz is still alive and well, lifting in the depths of the Marianas Trench

>How deep would you need to be before the buoyancy stops helping you?

Buoyancy is not a function of depth, fampai

I mean, before you can just stand on the bottom without floating, or the water under the weights making it easier to lift.

Buoyancy increases as you go down due to compressive forces on water. You lift weight at 10m of depth, you lift it at 1000m, it's going to feel the same

>duct tape bricks to feet
>lift underwater with weighted arm bands and a protein shake and pre-workout in your system while ensuring you slow down the descent of the weight and breathing through a snorkel with a filter on it to make it more difficult to do so, all for maximum gainz
>Profit?

he's dead. he's dead because he was a drug addict.

thats jujimufu and training underwater with weights to me seems way to dangerous and risky i would not even consider it maybe with hella light weight but you should be good just shadow boxing under water

DELETE THIS

You're not making any sense. The second part contradicts the first but is correct.

Or you could just add more weight and not go underwater.

seems like a good way to burst all your blood vessels

You're actually wrong there, as you go further down, there's a heavier water weight on top of you so you are actually less buoyant. You would have to be down quite a ways before this actually takes hold seeing as you need more atmospheres on top of you to make you 'heavier' and thus less buoyant. What you see in deep dives is less air in the chest cavity as the diver blows air out bit by bit.

>filename
that is what is known as a deadlift OP

lol lighten up dude

kek

You're both retarded.
Buoyancy is a function of density, which is a function of depth (although your freshman physics classes probably assume an incompressible fluid)
As you descend, density increases and so does the buoyant force.

i want to believe

DELET THIS NOW

>t. sophomore engineering major

wow you can use google

nice job, you pseudo-intellectual asperger's survivor

salty
its ok to be sad

T. Professional engineer

Shh... baby it's okay.

This totally dosen't sound like a great way to get the bends

Water is practically incompressible you nigger. You get less buoyant as you go deeper because air inside of you compresses, displacing less volume while being the same weight make you less buoyant.

t. Certified scuba

Nigga just put more weight on the fuckin bar

The second transformers movie when they dive down into the mariana trench and revive megatron is actually a cgi version of chestbrah reviving zyzz with the all spark piece.

Yeah, but the bars don't really compress; so it would get easier to lift via:

still doesn't make it a function of depth anymore than the volume of my shits is a function of depth

it wouldn't help you get super strength because earths gravity is still the same.

it doesn't matter. water is practically incompressible.
people here seem to mix things up with pressure which indeed increases by 1 bar every 10 m but it doesn't change anything because the pressure affects the barbell from all directions.

disregarding drag, the barbell is easier to lift in any depth though, because water is denser than air. it should be approx. 7/8 times as hard.