Can you gain muscle on a cut?

Can you gain muscle on a cut?

Related: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_law_of_thermodynamics

Other urls found in this thread:

leangains.com/2016/10/the-leangains-study.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yes. much more noticeably so if youre a beginner.

other than noob gains?

Not OPIE but when are you no longer a beginner in the gym? Seems ambiguous.

bench 2pl8
squat 3pl8
dl 4pl8

can you gain muscle while mainlining (150 lbs at 5'10)?

*MAINTAINING

damn spellchecker

Disregarding bodyweight?

4pl8 deadlift for 5'5 150lb guy is same as fatty 240lbs?

Yes, just balance your diet properly, manage what you put in and how much.

Yes 100%.

If you are a new lifter, or on roids.

Not true. I have hit 1/2/3/4, am a new lifter, and am still progressing with my lifts while on a cut.

Seeing as how my lifts are going up, I have to assume that I am gaining muscle.

It it possible to gain muscle while losing fat past 1/2/3/4 dude.

I would say for the first 6 months you are lifting it is possible

when are you fat fucking dumpy retards going to learn that building muscle is more complex than inhaling cheeseburgers

bulk, cut, who gives a shit. push your muscles to new limits. eat food. get stronger

How does this rant relate to the thread?

just go post on /b/

>gaining strength and maintaining muscle
>gaining MUSCLE

not the same thing boys

I have doubt about the authenticity of your statements.

leangains.com/2016/10/the-leangains-study.html

I 1 rep max 1/2/3/4

I do not 5 rep max 1/2/3/4

At least not yet. Someday I will user. There is no doubt in my mind.

I don't understand why you fegs always use your 5 rep maxes, the rest of the internet just uses their 1 rep maxes so you sound stronk

Doctor in neurochemistry here...

The synthesis of muscles demands ATP.
Generation of ATP stems from gluco-phosphates.
Generation of gluco-phosphates is dependent on your enzymes (Genetic) and glucose in your blood. If you eat in a way that both your fat and glucose levels in your blood drops (glucose can be made from fat (stored into fatty-acids into glucose, just slower than eating fatty acids or glucose or both) , ATP will be less present/available for muscle synthesis.

Muscle synthesis has a roof, and therefore an ATP-cut off, were extra ATP wont make more muscles grow, this is reflected in how much protein you can eat a day (the proteins wont synthesize into muscles, the enzymes are fully saturated).

In conclusion: Fewer calories lead to slower protein synthesis, but will not halt it completely, lack of protein is worse than lack of calories.
Excess of calories and/or proteins will not be used for muscle-growth, and instead converted to fats or sugars and later stored as fat if the person is inactive.

The best way to cut is to eat above TDEE, trying to time meals so that you have excess calories available when muscle grow from training, and doing cardio-things to get below your TDEE for the night, and have sub TDEE just before lifting, then load up on protein and calories for the gym-session.

Addendum: The more muscles you have, and the harder you work out, you need a higher muscle-synthesis to maintain or build muscles.
Passing the maintenance threshold, into building muscles ATP-wise is harder the more muscles you have. The smaller you are, the bigger deficit you can have while bulking, the bigger you are the smaller deficit you can have.

This is why noob-gains exist, and why big lifters stop growing eventually. Rebuilding muscles gets harder (more protein and ATP required) the more weight of muscle you have and work out.

(Inactive muscles need maintenance also or they atrophy)

How long does it take roughly before atrophy? Assuming super sedentary vidya NEET life

>deficit you can have while bulking
I meant cutting.

I'm sorry, are you saying that gaining muscle while losing fat somehow violates the first law of thermodynamics, and if so are you actually retarded?

You should not be taking intravenous drugs friendo.

If you don't eat at all (starve) it takes 48-72 hours for your blood-levels of fat and sugars to be depleted. After depletion your muscles will begin to atrophy, atrophy rate is increased with every single movement and are very local in the body.

If eating enough proteins and calories atrophy will not occur but your body will get to a base-line based on your activity in life, where muscle synthesis is stimulated by exercise. Over exercising tears down muscles faster than you can repair them by synthesize.

If you have more muscles than needed for your sedentary base-line, your muscles will atrophy towards it, because of lack of stimulus. If you are small but eat excess of proteins and calories you will slowly increase your muscle mass towards the base-line based on activity.

You can starve yourself (for like 2 weeks) and lose muscle, then just start eating and regain them.

Yo-yo dieting works this way, by people eating little (losing muscle) then start eating at srplus again, but here fat is also added to the bodyweight, so when you reach your pre-diet bodyweight you have a higher BF percentage and Less muscle but still at the same weight.

Interesting, thanks for the info m9

No problem, is something not clear enough?
English is not my native language and I've been up all night working.

Do you know something about a software to measure body behaviors and constant changes?

In the first stages of noob gains yes, at almost any other stage no.
If you're eating below maintenance your body will start to adapt accordingly, you can obviously repair muscles damaged through working out but not add additional muscle mass.
Muscle mass is metabolically demanding, adding more of this when your intake of calories is lower than that simply needed to maintain your current mass is not a feasible survival mechanism for your body.

because most of us hit 2pl8 bench and 4pl8 squat for reps within the first six months of training...

maybe u should get ur test lvls checked?

>The best way to cut is to eat above TDEE, trying to time meals so that you have excess calories available when muscle grow from training, and doing cardio-things to get below your TDEE for the night, and have sub TDEE just before lifting, then load up on protein and calories for the gym-session.

i like this post

Body notices demands of more strength needed.
Body diverts nutrient intake incl. them prots to building muscle.
Body notices not enough energy intake to also cover other daily stuff.
Body burns fat to take care of that.

I don't see the problem.