Today is my 5th day of not going to the gym due to depression and anxiety(note social anxiety)...

Today is my 5th day of not going to the gym due to depression and anxiety(note social anxiety). I don't know what to do anymore. I'm not going to make it. Also mental health Veeky Forums thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLibo-Z1-9Z6jPVfvHhy0vHSuKKb9LMjNZ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=OORsz2d1H7s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Man I'm actually in the same boat. How about this? Fucking go to the gym today, and I promise I will too.

Just fucking go. Go, and make sure you work out harder than you've worked out in a while. You should be working yourself to the point where you stop giving such a fuck about the people around you. And I promise you, when you get done with that workout and get back home to your cozy space where you feel so at home, you'll feel absolutely euphoric.

But you have to just go, and so do I, so let's do it boiiii

I've got anxiety too and thats my go to method, is thinking of the fucking high I get after working my ass of in the gym. I promise it'll totally turn your week around.

I'm gonna slam a power nap then head immediately to the gym, and I expect you to go as well you glorious mother fucker.

You think no reputation is better than a bad one... just get out there and break some hearts, fail their expectations, not on purpose but because they are not YOUR purpose. Go to every end to avoid vice (like depressing/nostalgic thoughts) because vice has no end. Learn to say "no" and not give a fuck for anyone's input who hasn't earned enough of your trust. Hate to go all fight club on you but the worst thing that will happen is some imbecile beats you up for being insensitive. If you feel this might happen get a good one in first.

Tried to deadlift today and the desire to put in effort just wasn't there, felt like I had no strength. Apathy is overwhelming today

>deadlifted today
>still alive
FML...

>depression and anxiety(note social anxiety)

These are choices, man the fuck up.

That's what preworkout is for. You take it, blast some music, and get pumped.

Eventually you condition yourself to do it normally

i myself have quite a few problems; mainly pretty bad social anxiety, adhd and depression.

i hate talking to people and if i have to i can't even look them in the eyes so i always look in some other direction when doing so. i usually get nervous when talking to someone i don't know and i can't even think straight and answer simple questions or simply start babbling out weird words. depending on how uncomfortable i am i also usually start to shake which is annoying as fuck. being at the center of attention is my worst nightmare.

it's been a few months since i've joined the gym and i still feel like everyone is looking at me but that feeling is slowly going away. i only go in the early morning when there are almost no people there though.

it's been 6 months since i've signed up to the gym and i haven't missed my workout once regardless of how bad my anxiety got. there are times when i get to the gym in the morning and it's packed with people which makes me want to just turn around and go home, but for some reason i stay and do what i came there to do, ignoring everything else around me.

what helped me was actually listening to music and learning how to blank everything around me out and just focus on what i'm there to do.

What do you want to do?

You have no idea what you're talking about.

OP here
Alright fucker I'll try my best To go today. Let's do this.
Pre-workout only makes me more anxious mate.
In a fit of rage I broke my phone. But I'll try my best to go today. Glad to hear you are coping well with social anxiety.
Kill myself painlessly.

I had to leave the gym for three years due to depression. I spent nine months trying to self help but when i started planning how i was going to kill myself i went to the doctor and got some help then i spent another two years trying different types of antidepressants until i found one that worked and i started to get my life back together and eventually went back to the gym.
So don't worry too much the gym and work on yourself.

OP here again. Yesterday I had an intake for therapy hopefully I can get on meds soon.

I skipped my run with my dog this morning and my workout and ate a whole box of mac and cheese and some English muffins because I felt like utter shit yesterday.
But I'm gonna get up and kick my ass into gear tomorrow because it's gonna take me at least a week to work off that one day of fuck up.

Everytime I do this, I realize how much better I feel if I just actually did my workout when I start up again the next day.

Get up and workout/run/cycle tomorrow user. I believe in you and I will be there with you in spirit.

That's what people told my dad, then he killed himself because he didn't get the support he needed to get medical attention.

Depression and anxiety can stop you as much as broken legs can stop you from going to the E.R.

There is nothing shameful about seeking help, or even asking for help to get help.

Just because it's in someone's head doesn't make it any less real to them.

> I need help to function like a normal human being and even to just exist

wow, you're a faggot

A faggot that can actually go to the gym wtithout crying about it on Veeky Forums

>depression
>a choice
yeah bro I chose to fucking wake up fatigued every morning, be completely drained of anything resembling drive, literal zero appetite, shit concentration and short-term memory for a couple of months.
I mean I just woke the fuck up one morning and decided I'm gonna be shit at everything and only go to work and train and eat because I'm too much caught in the routine to give it up for anything.
The meds I got also only helped just because of placebo effect.

Went and joined a gym today.
Now I'm having a panic attack about my first day tomorrow.

Wtf do I wear. Wtf routine do I do. How do I know if my form is any good?
Help me

>Weeeh muh anxiety :'((((((((( feel bad for me Veeky Forums
Enough is enough. Anxiety is a fucking meme. I honestly don't believe 99% of the people on here who claim to have anxiety issues, this is taking on Tumblr levels of self-diagnosis.

Go out there you little bitch and man the fuck up. Everyone else does it. Don't you think everyone else feels anxious or nervous sometimes? Does everyone else go on with their fucking lives? Yeah they do.

Are you in the 1% that isn't autistic and just seeking an excuse? Then find help ya dingus! Go to a doctor, he'll send you to a psychologist and you'll be on your way to fix your issues.

Whatever you do don't stay stuck in this situation you bitchboii man up and make sure you actually do something in your life other than whine about your issues on a Basque cave painting forum

stfu. You have a fucking pathetic attitude, whiny little cunt
Why tf do I even come to this place when it's full of people like this.
Wear whatever the fuck you want, I wear sweatshorts, a plain tee and a pair of vans, but any shoe with a hard sole will work.
Do Starting Strength.
Watch videos on YouTube and learn correct form. Film yourself and compare, or ask someone that knows what they're doing to help you.
Good luck user and remember not to be such a faggot

>Wtf do I wear.
anything but tight restrictive clothing. sweatpants or shorts and tshirt is fine, jeans are not.

>Wtf routine do I do
ready sticky. i'd start with SS. i suggest you read the book as well since it has lots of good information and how to do the lifts properly.

>How do I know if my form is any good?
record yourself and check against some how to videos on youtube like for example youtube.com/playlist?list=PLibo-Z1-9Z6jPVfvHhy0vHSuKKb9LMjNZ

it's easy to spew such stupid bullshit when you aren't dealing with the problem and have zero knowledge on how it actually is in reality

different person but I've dealt with your little "problem." and I'll tell you that you spound like a massive faggot

Hey op. Sorry to hear that. I hope it gets better. Ive never has depression, but a lot of my friends have. Take it a step at a time op. One foot in front of the other.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=OORsz2d1H7s

Yeah man, what kind of faggot needs help with basic tasks? Like, just get over it.

Nah man it's so hard for me to get out of bed with no physical disabilities ya know. Like how tf am I even supposed to do what I'm supposed to without comparing myself to someone in a wheelchair.

Lost my brother about year an a half ago always helped me when trying to grow up, Gyms one of my few outlets often find myself not willing to go or zero effort
Still hear his voice in the back of my head "Its okay to be sad"
Heavy feels man

It'svery hard anons but not being depressed is kind of like a light switch. You can choose the toxic environments in which you decide to stay stuck in the mud or you can choose to climb out.
I still suffer from depression every once in a while but I can still live and make it lads.
>stop drinking
>push yourself at the gym
>quit your shitty job and find a better one
>make friends
>visit old ones
>leave toxic communities that make you hate everything
to be successful and happy you have.to chase it. If you're sad and depressed something is triggering it.
Drop that shit. fo real

I'm in exactly the same situation mate. It's made worse by the fact that I had about a week of being happy and confident this month that instantly got destroyed and i'm back to my old self.

I'm going to go on a long countryside walk then lift for 3 hours.

Chin up lad, we'll pull through.

lol pathetic attitude
try waking up tired for a couple months in a row
trying to find that extra hour of sleep whenever you can and it doesn't do shit
forcing yourself to eat because you don't have any appetite and actually forgetting to eat for a day because you literally don't get hungry
doing your phd and failing to do simple addition because you have an extra bad day and you can't focus for shit
these are all symptoms of depression and you cannot fucking get over them by manning up, I tried for several months doing just that, it doesn't happen. You need expert help to get back on track, sometimes you need meds sometimes supplementation and behavioural therapy is enough. You realise just how fucking bad it was when people say that it's creepy when you have a smile on your face because they aren't used to it.
having your neurotransmitter levels completely fucked up is a physical disability you fucking moron, just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not there
there is a difference between being a fucking pussy and literally not having enough dopamine to give a fuck, it's like saying women should be able to get as jacked as men they just need to put in more effort, who gives a shit if they don't have the test levels required to build and sustain that kind of muscle

Depression doesn't exist

sure brah, go troll somewhere else