If you brought a pistol back into the Roman Empire could you theoretically be worshipped as a god after you fired it at...

If you brought a pistol back into the Roman Empire could you theoretically be worshipped as a god after you fired it at some people?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QQFNo4LF2tg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Maybe if you hid it up your sleeve or something.

>people who've never seen guns think those that use them must be gods
I see this meme all the time, but has this ever really happened irl? Like are there any cases where entire tribes or nations of people legitimately started worshiping some people with guns. I mean they probably thought they were magic, no doubt, but is there any instance of an entire people making the leap all the way to gods?

theyd recognise you as an immediate distortion to the environment and take you down/the fuck out the second you showed hostility. go back to a time of like caveman where all the men get wiped out in a single hunting accident and maybe they would be meak, weak, and timid enough then, but you'd wanna be like 6'6 with an otherwise commanding frame and presence++

Retarded thread.

Romans were smart enough to know technology when they see it. A new, incredible tool borderline 'magic' sure but they would know you're not a GOD that is just plain retarded. The ability to destroy clay pots at range is not the same as CREATING the Earth & Heavens

No, you'd be seen as a warlock/witch.

To be seen as a God or a conduit of God would require bit more tricks. Like having a smart phone(with solar charger so you can recharge).

you go to jail for murder.
that shitty thing only has a couple of good shots in it, no way your getting worshiped.

I daydream about this everyday more than i should.

You need a hobby user. One that doesn't involve oddly specific delusions of grandeur.

tfw You will never teach smelly romans how to use scars and augs.

Power fantasies are a sign you feel you have no control over your life user

First they'd run away and hide.
Then they'd encircle you and kill you.
Then they'd take the pistol from you and study it.

The Aztecs thought at first that the Spaniards are gods. Soon they realized that they're just some weird-looking humans and attacked them.

Only a handful of the Aztecs, albeit their ruler being in said handful, thought that because the Spaniards somewhat lined up with an old prophecy by pure coincidence. Plenty of them were skeptical from the beginning, and even so it wasn't the guns alone that made some of them think they were gods.

I just want to make glass and show Romans microscopic life in pond water.

underrated

What if I went back in time with an M1 Abrams tank? Could I conquer Rome?

If I brought cunnilingus into the Roman Empire, could I theoretically be worshipped as a sex god?

Stop this shit, Romans were not bone in nose Papuans.

youtu.be/QQFNo4LF2tg

Depending on how many bullets, and general ammunition you bring
Also how much gas you have
You'd be better off showing it off and trying to teach them how to make more
Then you get a legion named after you and they conquer the world with your tanks

If I brought a nuke back to the roman empire, let it off and removed rome off the map, would I be worshipped as a god in other parts of Eurasia?

Plenty of Roman Emperors made people worship them as gods without guns. Git Gud user.

they would shoot you with ballistas.

if you want to be seen as a god, you would have to bring lots of modern shit there. like airplanes, cars, tv's, working electricity and mass produced food.

killing innocents only alienates them, you will be seen as a killer at best and they will gang up on you and kill you.

if you want to be worshiped as a god by the romans, you would have to make a really flashy entry, there would have to be several cars, beautiful women, airplanes, modern music, light shows, fatty and salty foods, sweet foods and great armies.

you need to show them that you are more powerful than the emperor that they are already worshiping and what could be a better way than completely hijacking their natural instincts?

Good luck keeping enough fuel on hand to keep that thing's turbine spinning.

the time machine would have to allow you to bring armies and huge amounts of different materials, maybe if the time machine would allow you to hijack materials and workforce from any timeline you desire so you could have infinite power.

i guess a parade through rome would be a neat idea: light shows, beautiful dancers, airplanes, cars, loud music and delicious foods.

this will mesmerize the romans completely and they will back you up, when you have the nation backing you up you could just walk to the emperor tell him this place belongs to me now.

but after that you would have to make sure that the people stay happy under your rule, build new cities, build new roads, give them comfortable lives and destroy your enemies.

this would be pretty awesome.

pls come back, i just wanted to discuss about godhood with you.

IIRC Bongs in Africa often made natives think they are gods by making fires using magnifying glass.

what would a god be if not an immensely powerful creature? if some stone age tribe sees a modern human shooting an animal they will see immense power in this modern person and worship him as a god.

From the Mesoamericans to the Inuit to the Maori to the Zulu every time a more advanced culture demonstrates superior firepower against them the more primitive culture adopts it, they don't worship it. It's stupid to think the Romans would do any differently.

that's because violence breeds only more violence.

>Say anonius, this venison sure is tasty, but how did you kill that deer? What kind of weapon is that?
>Oh, it's called a firearm. It uses a chemi- er, alchemical reaction to trigger the launch of a small bullet at incredible speeds
>Ah, so like a kind of a sling?
>Basically, yeah
>Neat
wooooo, such magic

This

that's because their arrival coincided with a prophesy of a God and there were also white

The reaction of a primitive culture coming into contact with firearms usually isn't "Wow, these people are gods!" The typical reaction is closer to "Huh, that's a pretty clever tool you got there, mind selling us a few?"

The authorities would try to know how did you create that thing, and then kill you.

A gun, no. It's actually a fairly simple mechanism, and they weren't stupid, so aside from the loud noise would probably see it as just a more advanced ranged weapon. If you really wanted to impress them show them something like the telephone or Wikipedia.

Yeah, people will immediately recognize it as a tool. It's not even high tech, it's just metal work. This thread is dumb.

What they might actually consider magic is a smart phone. That technology is so far beyond their imagination that they can't tell that it's technology.

i think that depends on the situation, it could also be "HOLY FUCKING SHIT THEY'RE FUCKING KILLING US WTF PLEASE GOD HELP ME"

How would the adoption of telegraph lines affect the stability of the Roman Empire? I imagine instant communication would have a massive effect on many things.

As far as I know, the technology is simple enough to work without anything the Romans had no access to.

i guess it would be easier time for emperors since they wouldn't have to wait several weeks for information to go around.

>le firearms
>le smartphones
if you really want to impress ancient people, you need to bring some really grand shit to their time like an airport or even a working flight network.

>hurr durr

>le hurr meme

Your reply was retarded.

Guns aren't even that impressive. Byzantines had fucking napalm back then and nobody started worshipping them because of it.

They didn't. Stop with the normie history

>hurrrrrr

t. retard

this, it would take some very grand shit to get the ancient heads turning. a handgun isn't going to do it but a modern military would easily spread fear and blood across the continent.

Bomber jets and nukes would do the trick, but a gun is nothing. It's not awe-inspiring.

imagine if someone introduced typewriters, printing press and telegraphs to the roman republic...

i would go for a non-violent approach. killing other people and destroying their homes only alienates them.

if you want them to worship you, you need to show them that you are more powerful than the gods they are already worshiping and benevolent.

if you're able to bring armies with the time machine, then you're able to build cities and feed your people.

If you want people to worship you as something divine, you have to leave them in awe and complete fear of what you're capable of. Having a pew pew stick is subpar.

i guess there would have to be a certain balance between the violence and peacefulness. maybe some regular carpet bombings on mean neighbors is a good start.

it should be also noted that ancient people weren't idiots, there will be attempts to spy on you.

Only african populations for some "mysterious" reason.

They knew what that was and they thought that shit iirc was gay or unmanly