Is it true that you get fatter if you eat before you sleep?

Is it true that you get fatter if you eat before you sleep?

Why don't you go do some damn googling?

Why don't you fuck me in my ass?

No its fat logic

As far as I understand, it's a fat people myth, the only reason not to eat before you go to sleep is because some people have trouble sleeping when their bowels are moving or laying on a full stomach.

no
you get fat if you eat more calories than you use
when you eat is irrelevant

yeah it cucks your circadian rhythm causing downregulation of energy expenditure increased appetite and energy partitioning to fat stores

So which one is true???

Checked.
People who eat before they sleep have typically eaten all of their calories for the day. That means they're eating extra calories, thus getting fat.
If you're under your budget, you can eat before you sleep and be okay.

Only if you are eating more daily calories than you are burning.

You expend less calories laying in bed. So if you have a large meal you're not really doing any good.

If it fits in your calories for the day though who cares.

Body metabolism slows down when sleeping, so it stores the consumed energy in fat tissue much easier than during the day

No, you can only get more fat eating above your calorie intake.
I ate all my daily calories within a few hours before and right at bed for years.
I would often wake up starving and obviously losing weight.
Time period for eating has minimal if no effect on digestion.
You're talking the smallest percentage of extra calories being burned, better absorption, etc.
It makes zero difference in all, but the most autistic of people.

t. liberal arts major with zero understanding of physiology

He's right.

The human body has adapted over millions of years to be extremely efficient in calorie partitioning, especially in feast/famine scenarios.

Time period for eating really only matters for having carbs before a workout to make sure you have the glycogen levels for it. But realistically, this is only important for Olympic, top-tier athletes. Average guy who hits the gym for an hour doesn't need to worry about having enough energy, because he definitely will.

Getting protein half an hour after working out is also a meme

>Is it true that you get fatter if you eat before you sleep?
Eating anything before your final sleep will make you heavier

I went through a period where I was eating a large meal every night just before bed. No notable weight gain, instead i began having vivid dreams and shit quality of sleep. A lot of people think poor sleep leads to weight gain, be it direct or indirectly.

My understanding is your metabolism does slow down a bit at night, but it's marginal.

Also try Google.

Made me kek

You get fatter by concentrating on these kinds of distracting memes and neglect to simply count your calories and do your workouts.

whos dat gurl

>babies first troll attempt

A snail.

Go take a real medical course instead of relying on what you read online you flamboyant gay nigger faggot

Oh snap

What is this haircut called?

moses

Such broscience, jesus christ

This one

Nah
I've eaten before bed every night for the past decade and I was a twig.
From my experience, eating something before bed helps with sleep, since it keeps low blood sugar from waking you up in the night

Say, OP, do you have any more rare snails?

Asking for a friend.

Go away, Scooby.

Find me five teenagers with huge dicks.

pls explain (srs)

But eating carbs before going to the gym does help with energy yes?

>protein a half hour after gym is a meme

Aw man my post workout shake is like the cherry on top my workout

If you enjoy it, why stop?

Your body enters in a state of relative bradychardia and hypotension, and diminishes cardiac output. This is sensed by anabolic organs, especially adipose tissue, and stimulates storage of glucose as fat.
tl;dr the answer is yes.

Such broscience I swear to science. ....

Your statement is not worthy of an explanation