Crypto Currencies

I am new to crypto and I am becoming more and more interested. Can someone send me links and/or give me the rundown of what to invest in.

Specifically looking at Ethereum from the limited research I've done.

Other urls found in this thread:

rendertoken.com
youtube.com/watch?v=2RWegc0DWmQ
youtube.com/watch?v=g9QBn1V-8ZA
cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/zec?HashingPower=700&HashingUnit=H/s&PowerConsumption=200&CostPerkWh=0.12
twitter.com/AnonBabble

oh and also:
1. I dont know what wallet to use (I was thinking about putting my addresses on a USB file as well as write it on paper)
2. What should I use to start mining. I have a gtx1080.

don't use a hotwallet, and mining isn't profitable.

Im ok with making $1 per day. I just want to increase ETH as much as possible without spending any real money. I want to experience the growth. No homo.

LINK

Go all in on Digibyte and Bitbean

Don't let people shill you their shitcoins. Buy ETH and do whatever you can to get your hands on money to buy more. Don't try to day trade, it'll fall on your face horribly. ETH is the future and as long as you don't sell for a loss you won't lose money with it.

>Crypto Currencies Anonymous (ID: z1xhT8gK) 10/17/17(Tue)18:27:44 No.3922
If you're looking for passive income with your money, DICE is pretty good, there are dividend periods every 3 months which will make you about 6% yearly. It's safe because it has inherent value, but don't expect massive gains off of it because its price is tied to the current dividends and the projection of future players on Etheroll.

>>isn't profitable
>Im oK WiTH mAKinG %1 pEr DAy
idiot what do you think that means

what?

It means MINING IS NOT PROFITABLE!

I honestly dont understand what you mean when your talking like an idiot.

Why is it not profitable, Is it even possible to make $1 per day with ethereum and a gtx 1080?

>Can someone send me links
GTFO beggar.

GTFO normie memes

Yes, buy one now

I already have a gtx 1080. What do you suggest for a miner on Windows? I litterally plan on letting run all day and slowly letting the wallet build up over time, hopefully compounding with the rise in value.

You're not getting my links fag, buy your own.

Question, is coinbase worth selling my info to? Would it be smart to use it for a while just to understand the market, then make transactions differently?

You will burn alot of electricity which costs more than you gain from ETH so if you make 1 USD with ETH you have to pay 2 USD for electricity

If you could read my original post, it would state that I am not responsible for electricity payments.

If you just want etherum, just use eidoo, it's a wallet for etherum and all its tokens (erc20 too)

Mining is a waste of time, look up RNDR you might make money with that.

Go ahead and try, but you won't last long because of electricity costs and the potential risk for you GPU. Burn your 1080 and you've lost everything.

Think about it, if you are willing to spend money on electricity AND maybe a new GPU, just put your dollars in ETH directly...

Buy bitbay before Veeky Forums discovers it, thank me later

oh sorry just saw that.
Then it's just the risk for you card, but it might be worth it. Try Nicehash to begin with, it's easy to setup and nice reward, but they only pay in BTC

you never said you wern't paying electricity btw

Are you implying I get paid to support video gaming GPU on the cloud, in ETH? IF thats the case, I want it all.

yah, you right. I goofed myself there.

There's been a BAY shill every other day on biz. He's been doing pretty good and actually gives very adequate reasonings but even he can't deny that it will remain inactive until ~Q2 2018

rendertoken.com

thanks, you are the hero we need, but not the one we deserve

Ethereum is the best buy in crypto right now.

>Don't let people shill you their shitcoins.
>Buy ETH

i'm getting mixed messages here user.

in reality though OP, buy and hold bitcoin. ETH does nothing but decline in terms of BTC, and stagnate in terms of USD. if you hold eth your portfolio will go nowhere, while BTC grows and grows.

Who in the market is competing with Ethereum, I know they do smart contracts and is built off a different computer language.

ETH is just as global as BTC though right? They have a much higher potential with the business world because of their smart contracts. Im sure BTC will keep growing as well, but I feel like that wave has set off. I want to be a bit riskier here, because I have the time and money to do so.

at least, to get started in this.

Neo, 8 on coinmarketcap.com, except they are far behind in adoption (shitcoin ICO's) and don't have so many buzinesses wanting to use it.
youtube.com/watch?v=2RWegc0DWmQ

Then Lisk
youtube.com/watch?v=g9QBn1V-8ZA

There's also NEM or IOTA, but they are just in development. ETC is a ETH fork and Cardano is by the ETH and especially ETH people, but also in development.
Don't know much about Qtum.

you seem to do your research. You have a public discord that shares info by chance?

Spoiler: I'm the guy in the first video, do some coding in the Neo open source community, recently.

I suppose Data Dash on youtube, who has also a Discord, covers things quite well.

Ethereum price is 35% that of Bitcoin (not per coin, but the per coin price is irrelevant as the total coin supply is an arbitrary number set at initiation of the protocol). Thus it can't "moon" (in the proper sense of the word - not more like BTC anyway).

please explain that last part. Will ETH never exceed the market value of BTC, but it will grow proportionally?

There are a few million bitcoin wallets being used and other coins are gathered on exchanged. Point is that very few people own cryptos, even if they heard of it.
What's more, nobody really uses bitcoin for transactions (except to buy drugs online) and people only hold or trade as of now.
A blockchain protocol is comparable to http, the hypertext transfer protocol which we all use to interpret data on the web using a browser.
The whole sphere lives off the idea that it will find mainstream adoption - which may or may not happen.

The market cap (pic related) mirrors how much money people have put into an asset. 50% of all money in crypto is in bitcoin. 20% is in Ethereum. It's extremely unlikely that bitcoin makes a 2x jump, because that would require a whole lot of people to invest, new money coming in. However, if you take the coin with market cap #50, which is relatively small, then this coin could gain 2x of it's value in a day, just because money moves from bitcoin to it.

Bitcoin is fairly ancient, even in technology by now, although it has many core developers. And "many" in crypto means 15. This sphere is nothing like the real world, where a company with 300 people takes 6 years to get listed on the stock market and slowly grows. Since crypto is unregulated, you only need 2 manager, 2 devs and lots of news to get the same market cap as a 300 people company.

It's speculation. That being said, it will probably take off quite a bit more over the next 2 years.

And maybe to be a bit more concrete:

Look at the pic on the side.
The market cap is (very roughly) the invested money and the price per coin. E.g. 30,735,055,522$ for ETH.
The supply is how many coins are there, 95,156,149.
And the $ price for 1 ETH is just the former divided by the latter. Which happens to be $323.00.
The point being that if the developers had settled on a higher supply, then the price of ETH would be smaller. The per coin item is arbitrary. ETH is about one third the price of BTC.

The coin at market cap #10 is about 1/15 of BTC. So money from BTC moving to that coin can make it grow dramatically.

Disregard these niggers, they probably mine themselves and want to keep the difficulty down

Take a look at this link

cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/zec?HashingPower=700&HashingUnit=H/s&PowerConsumption=200&CostPerkWh=0.12

That's for zcash, gtx are better at it.
If you want to mine ether, get some vegas 64, Im waiting for 8x I ordered for 450$. if you can't get them cheaper, just go for rx470s

Ethereum has made bitcoin obsolete

Nice tits

Huh, very interesting.

Correct me if Im wrong, I want to understand this concept clearly.

Cryptos like Ethereum are valued based on how much bitcoin was invested into it. That being said, is Ethereum backed purely by the value of Bitcoin, or does it have a more, tangible foundation. If Bitcoin fails, does Ethereum also fail?

Im also looking at ETH's supply, Since there is no limit, would the inflation devalue this like crazy?