What are your thoughts on this muscle?

What are your thoughts on this muscle?

pullovers

Good example of high-risk low-reward exercise.

My thoughts: it'll come along with everything else.

>high-risk
How?

I'm not good at translating to english right now but basically it can cause shoulder problems.
It might but a hard exercise in it self to do but it's not really effective.

bud u dont know what youre talking about. the pullover has been a staple since the 70s. quit posting.

Different guy, but he's right. It pulls the socket back beyond its natural ROM. Besides, the only point of the serratus is to protrude the scapula, so unless you're doing that, the pullover won't help.

this really doesn't mean shit. Bodybuilding to begin with isn't healthy and natural when taken to a high level no matter how you look at it or what you do. It's literally about sacrificing your body to achieve aesthetics

Strict press

Push ups right?

Neither is power lifting/strength training passed the early intermediate stage.

Especially if you do gear.

>not having a serratus day
>making it

Pick one

Yes but this is mostly advicable if you roid.
This guy gets it.
Why not just focus on other exercises with higher reward and lower risk? Veeky Forums baffles me.

It's "protract", and no, that's not the only function of the serratus anterior.

It's important for any kind of movement that involves the shoulders, because it stabilizes the shoulder joint.

Any kind of press, especially incline, which allow for free scapular movement will hit the serratus anterior.

Pushups.

Its nice to have

Pushups, but you have to pause at the bottom to eliminate momentum.
Then this muscle will be ENGAGED.
Try it and see if you don't believe me :)

No...you would have to do a pushup plus.
Its when at the top of the pushup you protract your scapula..you basically look like your arching your back when you do this..
T. Part of my therepy after rotator cuff surgery

i'm to high a BF% but when i flex i have a pretty defined set.

i need to cut BIG TIIIIME

Shit muscle, one of mine is undertrained / dead apparently so I got a fucked up scapula

A+ muscle that stops you from having a winged scapula

boxers have amazing ser.ants due to using speed bags

front lever pulls