Why do you lift

srs edition

health
mental benefits
physical performance
appearance

roughly in that order

Because I'm a NEET with nothing better to do with my time.

Amen to that brotha

Want to feel strong and healthy as I age but also to not look squishy and skelly

Story?
>Girlfriend says I should start lifting weights over a year ago
>Says I need a bigger chest, bigger muscles, to be stronger
>Says she loves my body, but lifting would help me out
>I start lifting
>She motivates me
>I lift for her
>Fast forward a few months, we've been living together for a year at this point
>Find out she's a lying, cheating whore
>Find out she lies to her own family, me, her friends, and goes out and jumps on almost every dick she sees
>I remember how she first met me, shit, it's true
>I break up with her
>Imagine her face with another man, at the gym
>Imagine her begging another man to cum inside her. At the gym.
>Imagine her screaming about how she's about to cum on his cock. At the gym.
>Imagine her ripping his condom off and begging him to cum deep deep inside her.

>At the gym.

In those months of imaging her lies and cheating, I gained 22lbs of mass, went up to 1/2/3/4 1rms at least, and really learned that by tapping into real aggression I can lift much more than I thought I could. I started calming down as I started to care less, and now I have a new girl I lift for. Which is amazing, because my new girl is a whole other story when regarding the gym.

>health

This is the biggest meme. Who the fuck cares if exercise is going to make me live 10 years longer or improve my joints? I lift to be better than other people. Period.

get to leave the house consistently, have a purpose,

This
And because I want to be as strong and beautiful as the joestars.

First to lose weight.
Then to have big muscles.
Currently to have really big muscles.

I have a young face and a twink body which is counter productive to my line of work. I spend a lot of time with machismo business men and being physically stronger than them would be a good career move because i need them to take me seriously for my job to work.

to work on my own first impression to other people

>In those months of imaging her lies and cheating, I gained 22lbs of mass, went up to 1/2/3/4 1rms at least, and really learned that by tapping into real aggression I can lift much more than I thought I could.

Because I'm good at it.

No no no didn't you learn the first time? Don't lift for ANOTHER girl you're just going to hurt yourself again. Lift for yourself and use her compliments for your ego.

>Good at picking things up and putting them back down
now that's talent

Breh, the longer you live the better your chances of experiencing future technologies are.

For my people

So I can lift and dip girls when I dance with them. Also to feel alive.

I simply want to look in the mirror and be proud of myself for once

Look good, health, and athletic performance, could walk on at almost any d1 school in track

Hey if I could jump I would play basketball for fun, if I was good at video games I would play xbox, if I liked to work on cars I would do that, if I could paint I would do that.

I don't know why do people think that lifting heavy is beneficial for health. It's actually harmful. It puts your joints and heart on too much stress. Stop deluding yourself people and admit that you lift for your ego.

Whatever motivates you, that's what counts. If she breaks his heart, he can go back into rage mode.

I want to look in the mirror and be proud of what I see, and I want to be able to be a douchebag to girls and still be able to get laid.

DISGUST
I
S
G
U
S
T

Because my third year of high school I met a girl I still think about constantly. I had always like Thicc brunette girls with tan skin and straight hair, and she singlehandedly changed that. Since I met her I've only been attracted to blonde girls with curly hair. She had an amazing singing voice, she was extremely nice to everyone she met, she was stimulating to talk to, she laughed at all my jokes. she was amaing. But I wasn't. I realized I wasn't good enough for her but that I could be. We are both in college now, but every time I come to visit i make sure I'm a little more swole, and recently she's been texting me and snapping me more often. Even though my bench max is only 170, squat is 225, and OHP is 100, I know I've made it because I'm finally good enough for her.

lmao shut the fuck up

There is no stronger motivation in the gym then bad feels. When you can really tap into that emotion, there is nothing like it at all.

I've nothing better to do with my time except lifting and playing guitar.

I will *never* be that guy because I love beer.

I drink HQ beers.... no Pabst, Shiner, Bud....

Maybe he has a character flaw where imperfections aggravate his mind.

I bench big, I squat big, my dlift is ok.....

>SOON ILL BE 50 YEARS OLD

Because if I start looking good on the outside I might start feeling good on the inside.
At least that's the theory

appearances
fun
got nothing better to do
physical and mental health

How do I get hair like that?

Serious question

This

>tfw

Same.

I'm borderline fine with being 5'7, it's the fact that I have a tiny frame that makes me hate it. I'm 95% sure my life would be ended by now in caveman days.

got really high on mdma and started lifting. got really sore and decided to stick with it. i also do photography, lifting equipment in one go is definitely a plus.

Just to do cool things like handstand push ups, planche, front levers, and one arm pull ups.

I dont really care what I look like despite looking pretty good but that just comes with what I do.

Therapy

>Be Me
>Be Intelligent enough for a promising academic (graduate school) future
>Have women attracted to you, but have found a girl intelligent and pretty enough to be compatable
> Have similar tastes as her
>Have lots of friends
>Have some of those friends be elite powerlifters
>train with some of the top powerlifters in your country
>train at a powerliftimg gym and top tier uni gym

So yeah I just genuinely love gaining strength and have friends to help with my hang ups

The downside is I don't have god tier PLer genes, I have god tier physoque competitor genes

>But I'm not a penor kissor

So I just mix up BBing into my PLing

Yeah, pretty much. I don't lift specifically for women or a single person, but I've learned to focus my anger and turn it into something positive at the gym. Also, fuck you Rachel. Whore.

I'm about to be a nurse and one thing I've learned is that everyone gets a back injury eventually, it's just a matter of when. I'm just starting now, but I hope this will be a good way to prevent injury as patients get fatter.

How can someone have such a beautiful and smooth skin ?

She did you a huge favor. Please remember that all women are like that, there are no unicorns.

>Not wanting to be aesthetic like Dio
Confirmed never gonna make it

To feel better.

Because I am a pale-skinned nordic troglodyte with somewhat freaky proportions, though thankfully not in the facial department. So my only real hope of handsomeness is in offsetting my complexion and rough-hewnness by fuarking shredding.

>bodyfat that low
>still no visible masseter angle

Jawlets when will they learn

I don't want to feel disgust when I look in the mirror

Noice progress. Did you get surgery for loose skin?

Same but I didnt feel so bad when I looked in the mirror. It was when I looked at my fat fuck face in my phone or my disgraceful body in a window and feel like an heroing

What is the doggo's name?

You would look amazing with some lbs of muscle. srs

Take it from someone who has been there, the larger dichotomy between your external and internal just makes you more depressed.

I
s this what taking bulking too far looks like?

Not exactly why I lift but I want to be this for someone.

Where the fuck are your bed sheets?

London.

For women

((()))

This, almost exactly

to intimidate people

such autism

Dirty elf should be fucked

To maximize my facial aesthetics & boost me that extra 1 or 2 attraction points

I have a structurally blessed face, I'm very pretty but look 16 & like shit if I'm over 15% bodyfat. Can't even grow a beard at 19 yet so many gallons of milk & heavy compounds to be done.

I feel you, being a guardian or just making someone feel safe is a great feeling

Femanon here...story time:

>About a year ago, tell my skinnyfat bf to start lifting
>Tell him he needs a bigger chest, bigger muscles, to be stronger
>He starts going to the gym more
>Finally alone with Tyrone
>Every time my bf is at the gym, Tyrone comes over and makes me cum hard
>this goes on for about a year
>My bf finds out, has a tittyfit, breaks up with me
>finally I can fuck Tyrone without having to sneak around
>creampied by Tyrone every night

>fin

Health and strength. Aesthetics come with those.

get it faded on the back and sides and left long on top. Mines kinda similar but mine grows in more of a quiff off to one side.

it's fun
i like feeling tight and strong
makes me look better than my peers

I DO IT FOR GOKU

do you use gel or something?

My mans, did you forget he has the body of a joestar too?

Thanks. Time to become god.

Chosen one.

Well mate I am still a newbie [spoiler]And a virgin[/spoiler] but I have learned a lot about myself and my goals.
At first it was because my lanky skelly body wasn't getting pussy. I just wanted pussy. Pussy pussy pussy.
And then I started lifting.
It became a cool little party trick.
Then it became therapy.
Then it became the highlight of my day.
I took pride in the fact that even though I am no better than anyone else, I am better than who I was yesterday. I started off 2 months ago at 30kg bench, I am now doing 50 and still increasing, this may not seem like a lot but it means more to me than you can ever know, because I am improving.
Also, I believe that people should try to achieve their full potential, and never be content with their current standing.
We're all gonna make it brahs. You know it and so do I.

But the vampire blood keeps that 100+ year old body lookin fine as fuck

Because I was bullied relentlessly in high school and on the off chance that I run into Chad Thundercock again I want to ruin his day.

Why hello me

chad will be getting fat because he married stacy at 22 because he got her pregnant.
He will be miserable and have a fat beer gut.
Find peace in knowing he peaked in highschool we are peaking the rest of our lives.

Chad Thundercock peaked in college in my world. He was the alpha male with 1000 friends, fucking the hottest 18-22 year old college girls.

Even if he peaked in college, he still had experiences 99.9% of us wont have ever. I wish that was me every single day.

Stay woke

sheit well I better start suckin

My man. I know what you mean. Pretty new myself, but the feeling of being a little better each time is fantastic. I see progress even though it's slight, and it keeps me going. We're gonna make it brah.

Getting fit is one just part of my effort to get my life together. Not that I've had a particularly awful time or anything, but I feel like I missed out on a lot of growing and life experience in college. Didn't know how to balance a lot of what I had going on at the time, ended up taking a quarter off to deal with underlying mental health issues. And even though I still have a final, fifth year left of college, there's a lot about myself that I realized I never made an effort in improving: I got complacent with where I've been at in life. Then I realized I fucking hate a lot of the things I've done and haven't done and just generally hate a lot about me

So I'm changing that.

Because my body doesn't match my inflated ego

To be mired by dudes on /fit

Because i hate everything aboit myself

So I can be a tripfag on here and not get made fun of

>looking at you sol invictus

You faggots are wasting your time

I want to look like an anime character. I know I'm not the only one.

Shalom brother

No, you're not the only one senpai.

Lifting is its own purpose. Why do fields burn and plague spread? Don't ask me why I lift.

To fulfill my insane narcissism.

jesus christ user. your story simultaneously broke my heart and made me realize I don't have it so bad not having a gf and never having been cheated on. I self motivate and tell myself I don't lift for girls but damn, that's another level of internal rage

keep the fire burning user, but do it for #1. YOU are the most important reason for you to do literally anything

are u from PA

>knights
>tower shields
towers shields died with the roman empire lad.

I lift so she will find me attractive if I ever make it enough to be known by her.