Benefits of Hermit Mode?

Back in May, I escaped the Friend Zone after 4 years. Girl and I got into a fight awhile back and decided to "Take a break". I've worked out off and on since College. Never been really thin. Always 'Strong Fat.'

I've decided to take this break and really work out and cut. But because I've always been a bit of a socialite, I feel like the only way to do this is to go into complete Hermit Mode.

Yet, I'm left to wonder, is there really any benefits to Hermit Mode other than to reemerge with better gains & aesthetics?

Working on yourself without the judgment of others. Its quite nice.

Warning: I tried this and it backfired thanks to my own stupidity. Spent all day shitposting and developed psychosis. Still recovering from it.

You had better be good at planning your life out if you want this to go successfully.

Go train with monks for a few years and come back to resume your normal life or achieve nirvana and spend all day meditating beneath a waterfall contemplating the order of the universe.

Hermit mode is retarded. The longer you disappear the more people stop giving a shit about you, if they even cared in the first place. The lack of interaction with other people isn't good for your mental health. You should be able to live your normal life but just prioritize your training.

That would be ideal. but I can't leave my dog.

I've thought this before. But what if it was just for like 3 or so months?

This. It's easy to get too deep into the hermit life. When there are no other people around to provide a frame of reference, your mind will fill in the blanks. Kind of like sensory deprivation, only this is social.

I've been climbing out of paranoia and delusional thinking for the past year because I went too far

Ok bro let me hit you with some real advice here

"Hermit mode" or any variance of "cocoon mode" is a horrible idea. There is a reason it's counterintuitive.

People are social creatures. You are setting yourself back in ways you won't understand atm if you remove yourself from that world for an extended period of time.

Your reality is literally what you surround yourself with and if you spend let's say a year just working out, shit posting and jacking off, this literally becomes your little world and you will find it more difficult to empathize with other people once you return.

If you really want to reemerge with better aesthetics and have that "wow effect", just buy hoodies and wear baggy clothing or something so when you finally remove some layers and people see how well you fill out a tight t-shirt, the effect will be what you are looking for.

And only cut out the people you don't want to see you. Don't go crazy and be a hermit that's just silly.

Wtf didn't know so much of Veeky Forums has fell for the hermit meme.

Myself included btw, it's a bad idea.

Past few years have been a haze, only now starting to feel like myself again.

>I've been climbing out of paranoia and delusional thinking for the past year because I went too far

Holy shit it's good to know I'm not alone here. Thought I was the only one.

Hermit mode: never again brahs.

I went into hermit mode over the summer for a few months. Friends were pissed, i felt a little autistic.
Totally worth it though, great gains and started some cool new hobbies

I've basically been a hermit for like a decade because my breath wont stop smelling like shit. I've been thinking about joining the gym but what's the point if people don't want to interact with you. I'm pretty sure I'll kill myself soon.

Buy some mints, bro

OP Here.

I'm seeing a lot of negatives with it. But I would assume complete isolation for more than half a year could do this, but I was only thinking maybe 3 or so months to really work on myself and priorities.

Nothing helps I was 12 when this started. Past mid 20's now. It's hormonal or it comes from the stomach. Quit job because of bullying, I got a degree this year just so I could get a job finally. I never fit anywhere obviously

Currently in hermit mode, but for job training. It'll be about a year once it's all said and done.

Pros: I've never been more productive in my life even though there were periods when I wasn't that productive.

Cons: I get easily annoyed and bothered with small things. Usually it's stuff I feel like people should be able to change about themselves but don't because "muh life"

I'd recommend if you're good at coming out of it. Otherwise I'd at least maintain some sanity by going out in public at least a couple times a week even if it's by yourself.

not op, but i went hermit on accident after moving a few times and focusing on self improvement. Now i've been living alone for like a year and havn't had any real friends in atleast two years. My co-workers are awesome, and would probably hang out with me if i wanted, but i don't have "friends", outside of one female ex-coworker who just sorta admitted attraction so i kinda killed it.

How do i find friends as a young adult? I look to pussified for bars and live in the south.

Bitches ain't shit senpai. It was a long road for me to get there. But I'm happy now, i don't let any woman hold my happiness hostage. No kids, no nags, i look good and i make a decent amount to make ends meet.

I won't go into a long rant but i just stopped chasing pussy and took a break to really analyze my life. I live a calm, tranquil life, save for the odd cute hand i chop off.

find a hobby that gets you out of the house

this thread is a CIA pysop so that you don't disconnect from the matrix.

no no no no no fuck you dont say that

I'm just kidding bro.

I went hermit mode, never go hermit mode.

The idea that you can leave everything behind, get strong and aesthetic, then come back and enjoy life is a false notion, it is utterly ridiculous.

It's unlikely you'll come back strong, and you will assuredly struggle with minuscule social situations and have social anxiety for a long period of time.

You will likely develop mental disorders rapidly and talk to yourself, and while browsing websites like Veeky Forums where you are constantly put down for the slightest reasons you will begin to feel worthless, especially if you attempt to share your feelings and hobbies with others, as you are on Veeky Forums, someone will ALWAYS find a problem with what you are saying, not only that, but you will likely come off as rambling.

In the end you will lose all ability to social interaction, prolonged periods on Veeky Forums will strip you of your confidence and make you self-conscious, and you will find yourself unable to ever relate to anyone around you.

Stay safe bro, don't do it.

Heed this user's warning, this is exactly what happened to me.

>but you will likely come off as rambling.

just like your post.

>another "man" on Veeky Forums trying to change his life because a girl rejected him

God, this board is so pussy whipped. You guys pretend to be alphas, but you're the most beta men on Veeky Forums.

Hot damn, I thought I was alone with the "being self conscious as if Veeky Forums is constantly scrutinizing every decision you make" feel

if you are seriously self conscious from what people on Veeky Forums say about you, you are what this user said beta.
BETA

B
E
T
A

hide good crabber

Isn't there something in between?
Maybe call it robot mode.
Give up all hobbies, focus only on advancing your career and lifting. I've been doing that for a few months now. Got rid of a problematic gf and now my life is nothing but working on my research, my job, school, and training for sandhurst coming up in april.

I eat, sleep, work. The benefit of something like this over hermit mode is that I have to interact with people to do all of these activities - it's just not bullshitting around. I have to socialize to accomplish my goals, so it's productive. It also keeps the autism away.

It was a problem when I was younger, now I know everyone here is a big meme :)

Complete hamstring avulsion 4 months ago
>can't work, and only just started lifting 2 months ago (no lower body shit and my brother fetches me the weights)
>was bedridden for a month
>fell out of contact with almost all friends except one

I'm hanging on to that friend because I know there's no way in hell I'm making a new one at this point in my life

did it for 6 months for career related reasons, performed miracles to keep from sinking

pros:
got autism demigod levels of mental strength and composure gains from enduring a pressure cooker alone. everything bad that's happened since then has paled in comparison

cons:
>become autistic and callous
>have full blown conversations with yourself if no Veeky Forums, this fucks with your brain
>believe delusional shit just to keep yourself pushing forward
at some point I even lost attraction to the opposite sex, but I think that was more triggered by survival instinct in my case

was kind of a traumatic experience, ymmv. I don't think I've been all right in the head since then, not recommended unless you have no other choice. and don't do this shit over a bitch, ffs nigga get a grip there are millions of vaginas out there

Maybe you have periodontal disease - it's hampered me a whole lot, which has made me really conscious around people. Have you been to the dentist?

www.meetup.com

Good luck, bro!

>look in my area
>one of the largest meetups is for men's nude yoga

JUST

beggars can't be choosers

>It's unlikely you'll come back strong, and you will assuredly struggle with minuscule social situations and have social anxiety for a long period of time.
>You will likely develop mental disorders rapidly and talk to yourself

THIS

WHATS THE FUCKING POINT OF GETTING BIG IF YOU CAN'T EVEN GET WITH THE GIRLS YOU ATTRACT

The number one problem I see with hermit mode or cocoon or whatever you want to call it, is you guys all retain heavy internet use (and I'm assuming some social media as well).
The point of recluse for gains, is that you're filling in your time, body, and brain with positive, healthy forces.
Don't stare at a computer most of the day, or at all. Read a book, study, go for a walk or hike, obviously exercise, and especially start meditating.
Don't just put two hours in the gym and study something vaguely and call it a day, filling the rest of your day looking through a window to the outside world. That will make you go insane.

>In the end you will lose all ability to social interaction, prolonged periods on Veeky Forums will strip you of your confidence and make you self-conscious,
only low test betas or newfags feel this way, most of the veterans don't feel "reclused" because of Veeky Forums, because we actually know how to argue.

Yes, the only benefit is gains, case in point, I live with my girlfriend of 2 years, we have our own house, plan on starting a business, and plan on buying some vacant land soon for that business.

I have gained 15 lbs of fat, and she has gained upwards of 15 as well, because we also like to get high and eat out and enjoy our time together at the expense of lifting.

She is a strongwoman who has a confirmed 375 conventional Deadlift, has won several meets, squats 315 ass to grass, and benches 185, all stats that are more than half of Veeky Forums numales, not exactly a cardio bunny but shes pushing 170 lbs now

Ive been dropping fat and gaining muscle, but im sitting at 255 5'11 around 18%

Meanwhile my buddy who is temporarily living with us, who is making steroids as we speak, is cutting fat and is prepping for his first show, and has told me he misses when we were hitting the gym hard every day

He has no gf, and is full hermit as he only allows himself one day every 2 weeks to go out and drink

Im past the point of that, and realize that hermit mode is the only way I can drop back to 11%

But it's not gonna happen, because I already made it and have no reason to