Goal lifts for many people on Veeky Forums

>Goal lifts for many people on Veeky Forums
>1pl8 ohp
>2pl8 bench
>3pl8 squat
>4pl8 deadlift

Does anyone else think this isn't symmetrical to you? I can squat 3 plates, OHP 1 pl8 like fucking child's weight, but can only bench 175 and can only deadlift 3.5 plates. Are these goals supposed to go hand in hand with each other, or just be all around goals or something? I don't get it.

Other urls found in this thread:

exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/BenchStandards.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They're pretty balanced yeah. I was able to 60kg x 5 on OHP a week earlier than I did 100kg x 5 on bench

Noob here. So this is the 1/2/3/4 thing I keep seeing?

Your proportions are gonna have a lot to do with your ratios, not to mention your fitness background

Yep

Its a good strength goal dor the average person

They're relatively balanced for the average individual, assuming roughly equal levels of technical proficiency on all the lifts.

But plenty of people aren't that balanced for a bunch of reasons. Proportions being the biggest difference maker.

Getting x-rays on my knees to see what's messed up, doctor already ordered. My squat will likely never surpass lmao 2plate for safety reasons.

Otherwise 1.5/2/Knees/4 here.

Ive been able to press 135 for 2 weeks, attempting 190 bench today, 6'6"

1/1.5/2.5/4 reporting in...

Its pretty balanced for the average person. But everyone is built different, so some lifts are harder for certain types of builds.
Me for example: I have spaghetti arms and i'm 196cm which enables me to deadlift 5 plates, while i cant even ohp 1 or bench 2.

When people talk 1/2/3/4 is it supposed to be their 1 rep max, 3x5 or 5x5?

I had a 2pl8 bench back in HS, 135kg x 5 squat and 140x5 diddly(100% quads lel). OHP was still 10kg short.

My OHP is piss poor and never goes up.

B 295
S 455
D 470

Usually 1RM.

It depends on proportions and genetics,

i'm 5'8 165lbs and 3 months in and i have

slightly over 1pl8 OHP
2 pl8 Bench
2 pl8 Squat
3 pl8 Deadlift

neg, 5rm.

t.
50kg ohp
80kg bp
140k squat
150k DL

Shit's all fucked up

> 140k squat. 150k DL
> 140thousand

Legs like semi trailers

you should see what I eat

It's just achievements to reach. By the time you're at 2pl8 bench you should be around 155 ohp. By the time you're at 4pl8 deadlift you should be at least 3.5pl8 squat.

>goal lifts

Lolno. Just about when you graduate from dyel to "think he works out?"

Regardless, manlets are better at pushing and lanky lanks at pulling.

Back before my accident I was hitting incline bench/squat/dl

290+/485+/485+.

I weighed 165 at 6'0-6'1.

I just didn't deadlift much, I still don't really like it but i'll do it once a week.

Lost most my muscle in an accident and couldnt lift for 2 years. 2 months in im hitting 3plate squat and dl, 2plate bench but barely 1plate press. Mostly because my shoulder is still somewhat fucked.

>Goal lifts for many people on Veeky Forums
>1pl8 ohp
>2pl8 bench
>3pl8 squat
>4pl8 deadlift
What kind of dyel lifts are those? My personal goals are 110kg press, 170kg bench, 225kg squat and 260kg deadlift while staying in the 74kg category. I'd also like to get a respectable snatch and clean and jerk but I don't have any clear cut goals for now.

I feel ya bro

No
>tfw 2/3.5/3.5/4
If you have 2/3/4/5 or 1/2/3/4
You are trex mode

>bench same as squat
>proportional
pfft, sure, keep skipping leg day

Wow really I thought it was for reps x8

In that case I made it fit!

Oh shit. Today I learned that I already made it

Same here, but different case than yours.

Can squat 3pl8 and bench 2pl8 forever without breaking a sweat. Can dl 3.5pl8 with some effort. But there is no way in hell I can lift a 30Kg (0.5pl8) over my head...

I have visually big shoulders, but they don't seem to do much at all compared to the rest of the body.

It's actually 5 reps, you can search it in Google

is wrong

>30kg
>0.5pl8
what
40kg is 0.5pl8
20 is lmao0pl8
60 is 1pl8

Do you use straps/gloves?
I'm at 130/200/275/325lbs and I just can't imagine increasing my grip strength so fast.

who /exactlyhalfway/ here

0.5/1/1.5/2

pathetic but I'm still new

Currently
130x5 press
190x5 bench
245x5 sqaut
280x5 diddly

Really starting to struggle with grip strength and keeping the lower back straight on the diddly and decided to get a belt and get some tape to increase the friction of my thumb on the hook grip. Can't use chalk unfortunately.

> Does anyone else think this isn't symmetrical to you?

It seems like a good general guideline. I hit OHP 1pl8 first, then I hit 3pl8 squat around 3 weeks later. I'm about to hit 2pl8 bench hopefully in 2-3 weeks, and 4pl8 deadlift in 1-2 more months (I neglected deadlifts the most).

It's weird how I hit or am about to hit 1/2/3/4 roughly within a 2-3 month window of each other. I imagine if I had been more consistent with doing deadlifts and didn't have to reset bench to correct my initially shit form I would've hit them roughly all in the same month. Uncanny really.

This guy is right.

So your lifts are

30/60/80/90

What means

0,25/1/1,5/1,75

So your lifts aren't that weird, you are just not as strong as you thought, what explains your shitty ohp.

0.75/1.5/2.5/3 reporting in.. soon brah.

I know that feeling op, but my lifts are off in different ways.
>Ohp 130x5 (tried 1plt, felt like hell)
>bench 250x5 like baby weight
>squat 265x5 (tried 270, nope nope)
>dead lift 315x5 (struggle, grip is shit)
So yeah don't seeing 1/2/3/4 as symmetrical as all

yeah back in highschool i benched like 600 or so
used to run 75 miles a day i was in pretty good shape

Well, I'm sorry you think that's impressive.

Squats are just unbearable for me. I'm st 185lbs because it just fucking sucks to do. Does it get better? Please tell me it gets better.

Do a set of 20 with lmao1pl8 and sets of 5 will feel like heaven in comparison

I also find myself needing to lean forward to get more muscles to help push it up on the last rep of the 2nd and 3rd set. Is this indicative of poor form during earlier reps?

I either have to get pussypads or use a squat machine, I cannot for the live of me freeweight squat enough to get a significant workout. My shoulders simply won't sustain the weight of a metal bar that my legs can squat, and it's ridiculous.

Good job dude you grew up to be freakishly tall

You mean you lift your ass up instead of the weight and do a good morning?
It's indicative of you having weak fucking quads and you should squat more to address it.
>Is this indicative of poor form during earlier reps?
Nope, exhaustion.

Low bar bro

My shoulders at are fine because I work traps, but my squat literally doesn't progress and it's just not fun.

>my shoulders
what

He literally has no traps and the bar ends up in his delts.

>my traps
whatever

Hook grip. I can double overhand 3pl8. I have freakishly big hands though

A 3 pl8 squat and a 4 pl8 diddly is not even remotely balanced you mong.

>hook grip diddlys
And I thought cleans would kill my thumbs.

>someone decided to assign the bent powerlifting bar to the diddy platform
>set up my lmao2pl8
>nearly rolls out of my fucking fingers and tears my tendons because I grabbed it when it was facing bend downward

I want to kill whoever did this. Twice it happened, and it fucking hurt like a bitch.

>50kg OHP
>90kg bench
>Right knee had a meniscus tear and left knee had a cracked kneecap so babyweight front squats only
>4pl8 DL
I'm gonna fucking make it and front squat 3pl8s I tells ya

You get used to it. For higher rep sets straps or mixed grip are probably better but for low reps it's manageable

It's different for everyone.
I can OHP 1pl8 6 times.
I can almost bench 2pl8 6 times, getting there, ~10lbs away
But right now I can only squat 2pl8 (ass to grass)
Deadlift I do about 2pl8+25 on each side.

>Are these goals supposed to go hand in hand with each other
Where did you get that?
Oh, anonymous posters on a taiwanes anal bead appreciation forum...
The same ADHD spergs who cling to SS for dear life because they cant anything other than clear one dimensional teachings came up with this.
It literally remained used because it's easy to remember and ordered

1pl8 ohp and 2pl8 bench are unbalanced, same with 4pl8 dl, few people in the real world do that

Hi there!
You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bait to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

ye they is

Are you the fucking retard who just starts loading up the bar without even warming up with the empty bar first

Lol u deserve it, I can tell u r very weak 2

Why is my Deadlift so pathetic?
Can't even 1x5 120kg - 2.5 pl8
My form is ok. I have decent levers.

Is it because my Squat is only 95kg - 210lbs?

wear a belt and go for 5x5
it worked for me

The deadlift is slightly high, and OHP is slightly low.

Deadlift is usually 10-20% higher than squat, not 30% higher. OHP should be about 60-70% of bench, so 135 vs 225 is on the low end.

Symmetrical would be closer to 1.2/2/3/3.5.

5x5 deadlifts?

It's pretty balanced, unless have weird proportions or are short/fig as fuck. The only thing is that if you do olympic style deads (hips low) then it's going to be closer to 3.5plt.

>0.5 pl8 ohp
>1 pl8 bench
>2 pl8 squat
>4 pl8 deadlift

Feels bad

Oh man, those were the days. Used to rep 350 pound barbell fly's (each) and do 3 or 4 decathlons a day.

Can't be that, My squat is 90-95. But deadlift 4x6 120

I deadlift 6pl8 for one, and can't yet bench 1.5pl8 for one rep.

Genuinely not kidding. I don't squat either.
OHP 1RM tested is 87.5kg.

As if any of those lifts the user listed is impossible for a high school student

TFW 5 pl8 diddly lift
Tfw 3pl8 bench for 5 reps
The 2pl8 ohp for 3
Tfw 2pl8 squat for 5

Wow, what a bunch of e-stating DYELs. 1RM? Fucking seriously?

e-stat galore

people on Veeky Forums get super triggered that 2plate bench is what an adult male should be able to do as a novice in the gym (6 months to a year).

Or a manlet.
>implying 160lb 6' guy wont fold like an accordion with 5pl8 squat

After 8 months, starting as a hungry lanky skellington, i can do one pl8 less than the goals here.

Feels good, gonna make it.

I literally just started with a bench and some plates and I wanna get to 1/2/-/4 before transiting to the gym, will I look fuckin bizarre / wreck my shit by skipping the squat component until then? I do goblets and stuff with some dumbells, not more than a plate's worth though

At 0.75/1.5/-/2.5 right now :/

That's pretty proportionate. But if your grip is holding you back, consider using straps and going nuts on the grip training. If you're stalling too bad you can try and mix it up with some high volume, or more sets of 1-3, or rest pause or whatever bullshit.

Also, add in some romanian deadlifts and heavy-ass bar humps to make sure your posterior grows.

>bench as high as squat

m8

Nope. 185 is where squats start to kill you. It's also where they start to show their true value.

Squats fucking suck. Deadlifts, bench, and press feel fucking amazing, but squats make you want to die. Every time you unrack the bar you'll think "I can't do this." Your upper back feels like it's going to cave. Your legs feel like they're made of jelly. But then you squat, you drop down, you push through the sticking point, and you stand up again.

Nothing in the gym teaches you how to push past your limits like the squat does. And that's why you should do it.

Squats feel good, stop being a fag.
>unrack the heavy-ass weight
>get past the sticking point
>hip drive kicks in like a motherfucker
>it felt so heavy, but the bar flies into fucking orbit as you straighten out
There's no other lift with such a distinct point where you feel that you fucking made it.

Because you're wrong.

exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/BenchStandards.html

A 2pl8 bench is well into being an intermediate lifter for anyone under 230 lbs. If you're starting with benching the bar and are adding 5lbs a session (following a traditional strength routine), you could theoretically hit 2pl8 bench in 7 and a half months. That being said, linear progression will probably slow your progress by a lot. Also depends on goals. A fatty who is cutting will see his progress stall a lot more than skeletons bulking.

I would say that a 2pl8 bench is possible in a year, minimum, but more likely a year and a few months, assuming you're a complete beginner. If you already have a background in sports and have a strong bench already, you could get there in a shorter time, but you wouldn't be starting from scratch like most programs assume you start out with.

Stop making excuses for your poverty bench.

>exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/BenchStandards.html
The standards on this website are very laughable.

>0pl8 ohp

It's 5rep for everything except Diddy. Diddy is 1 or 3 rep.

Due to my sins in years past, I'm a 1/2/2/3

I'm .5/1.5/2/?. I'm not going heavy in deadlifts until I get the form perfect

Hmm
>fit estating like faggots
or
>international standards based on comps are wrong

those standards are bad and you should feel bad for having an excuse for nothing have 1/2/3/4 within a year, tops.

another skelly who's a hard gainer :^)

Pretty balanced for me. I've kept at this ratio for a while except my squats are roughly the same as my dreads.

Not that user, but you shouldn't make absolute statements like that. Genes figure a lot into it, as well as the program the novice starts out on

Within two years, though, most people should definitely be there, unless they're injured or doing something wrong

Been working out for 5.5 months and these are my 1RM.

Ohp = 1plate (110, 5x5)

Bench = 180lb (150, 5x5 kinda stalling)

Squat = 255 (225, 5x5 kinda stalling)

Deadlift = shit 260 (225, 5x1)

How far am I from 4 plate diddlies? And why do I hate them so much do my hammies suck? I think my squats are quad dominant and I have some quad tendonitis right now I'm dealing with.

>Within two years
within 1 year if you aren't a fucking turbo-weaklet and also don't lie to yourself about your eating and training habits.

doesnt matter. 1rm for e-statting, 5rm if u made it. theyre both accomplishments. as soon as you hit them for 1rm you will be chasing 5rm anyway

1 rep max for manlets, 5 rep max for manverages, 3x5 for manmores

No need to be hostile, user, we're just holding a discourse here

1/2/3/4 has ALWAYS been your working weight. No one cares about your stupid, barely-got-it, cheaty 1RM trying to enter the man's club.

I've almost hit 1/2/3/4 for 5 rep maxes. Only managed 3 for deadlift though, almost locked out on the 4th.