Chicken-Rice-Broccoli thread

Patrician way to prepare my CRB?

In a stir fry

I use mixed veg tho, not brocolli.

Circulate foundational ingredients.

Cod, bok choy, quinoa.
Chicken, cauliflower, barley.
Salmon, asparagus, brown rice.

How do I make the rice? Just put it in a pot with water?

Water should boil

In a rice cooker

I don't have a rice cooker famiglia

NEVER GONNA MAKE IT

Get a mug, put two mug loads of water in a pot and bring to a boil. Add one mug worth of rice and simmer for exactly 10 mins. Do not take lid off. Once ten minutes have passed take pot off the stove and leave for another 10. Only take lid off once time had passed.

>tfw had to throw away a CRB meal today because it had been in the fridge for 7 days and apparently it goes bad after 6

The trick is using a sauce. Not mayo, ofc.

Eat it with a gallon of milk

Only plebs need a rice cooker. Use a simple pot

I have chicken, basmati rice, broccoli, and a cupboard with almost every spice you can imagine.
Pls give me some meal ideas because plain chicken breast and rice for lunch every day makes me suicidal.

broccoli sprouts + brown rice noodles + chicken breast seasoned with ginger, garlic and chili.

I can season chicken real good but how do I make the rice better. Plain rice is ass.

stop eating brown rice and eat it in the noodle version. make sure you always salt your water too. you can also opt for a more flavorful rice like basmati.

this things don't do much but you could add chicken broth to you rice boil or add a tomato if you own a rice cooker.

I'm using basmati, it's edible plain but not great. Just wondered if there are any seasonings I can add to it when it's cooking to make it better.
Will try adding some of the chicken juice though, thanks.

Cook rice in stock and add a teaspoon of tumeric.

>chicken dyels
>eating the inferior meat

Chicken's only real advantage is that it's cheap.

Fish is the true master race, way better nutrition, insane amounts of variety, lots of micros as well.

>tfw just had an oven baked rainbow trout and sea bream along with chicken soup post work out

It's so fucking delicious and moist. Chicken breast will always be tasteless shit with bad texture no matter how badly you cake it up with "spices" and "sauces" and "brining" whatever insane shit you can possibly do.

Chicken keeps for longer so I can meal prep for the whole week on Sunday night

Make 6, freeze 3 if you must. But make 3 2x per week is better.

It's less perishable than fish but not always for a week/6 days unless frozen. In the fridge 4 max, 3 is better. Basic food safety with what is technically considered leftovers.

I make 6 and freeze 3
If I did fish I'd have to do it 3x a week because fish goes bad after 2 days at most and turns to mush if it's frozen and defrosted after being cooked

Try stinking out a place of work with your fucking fish you basement beard.

Ditto, I just make enough fish for a meal, it's gross re-heated. Sometimes it's good cold flaked over a salad if not prepared too oily. (seared salmon and tuna steaks) but yeah, I don't like to keep it past 2 days either.

You are in the wrong thread and maybe on the wrong board even. Try Veeky Forums.

I've recently tried expanding my menu a bit
I've taken to cooking a big batch of sushi rice on a Sunday because it keeps for ages in the fridge, and several single serving size trays of Katsu curry sauce (not a pungent curry so doesn't stink out my office) and baking a few breaded chicken breasts.
The night before, I defrost a serving of curry sauce, and in the morning zap it in the microwave and pour it into a thermos flask, so at lunchtime I have a nice hot sauce to pour over my rice and chicken.
Also rather than removing the veggies used in making the sauce as most recipes would, I blend it smooth to keep the nutrients. By having that a few days a week, it breaks up the monotony of chicken, rice and broccoli every day.

Replace the rice with potato

>how to have enough undercooked rice to last a week

If you're using salmon make sure its wild caught. Farmed is loaded with insane amounts of chemicals from the shit they feed the fishies.

Water is a chemical. Don't drink it

Oh fuck off you know what I meant.

If you properly washed and soaked the rice before cooking then 10mins boiling and 20 mins steaming should cook it perfectly.
Assuming white rice, that is.

yeah it's literally poison. eat organic wild caught 100% natty shit or you're gonna shit out your intestines
fuck off