Ancient Warrior Ideal

I'm currently doing Hema fencing and BJJ, and I plan on getting pretty huge eventually. While being fit benefits both of these activities, you can get away with just being a lanky bitch as long as your Technique is good. Are there any sports out there that would fully complement a huge physique? Sort of like pic related but realistic.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ass_in_the_Lion's_Skin
youtube.com/watch?v=1f7td8Hc-V4
youtube.com/watch?v=fHqlGwLcStA
youtube.com/watch?v=NxplpQIQdEY
youtube.com/watch?v=zTobujuHQmQ
youtube.com/watch?v=98fDOt6kck0
youtube.com/watch?v=vrHSbKQ9AHA
youtube.com/watch?v=HSzi3FUhF8E
youtube.com/watch?v=XZsRy972LJ8
youtube.com/watch?v=SUFDCe0N0xg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ass_in_the_Lion's_Skin

in essence don't be an ass in a lions skin

I'm just curious, do you really think any of these skills would be useful on the street? You don't have time to put on your ridiculous gi or carry around a sword, and it only takes one pipe bomb to cripple you for life

Not sure I understand fully, I am just asking for an activity or sport that you must be huge, and skilled for. Not just one that requires understanding of skill and timing but also a large body.

Football

again you could be pele and only one pipe bomb could destroy you

Kek, no I'm not taking them for usefulness. I mean an uderstanding of leveraged and submission from bjj will be useful in some situations (I also do not train with a gi) I'm doing these two sports because they are fun.

great but fun is not a valid defense against a pipe bomb

When did anybody say football players are impervious to pipebombs?

and that's gridiron football, gotta be big for footy fairy soccer nigga pls lmao

greek-roman fighting

is this what i think it is?

2010, is that you?

Greco roman wrestling is legit senpai.

Some kung fu retard wants to start shit thinking they have a good striking game and theyre in for a world of hurt.

Not super useful against multiple people at once tho

>legit
everytime someone says greco roman wresteling i remember that photo of a dude that literally came himself while fighting
nope.

>Some kung fu retard wants to start shit thinking they have a good striking game and theyre in for a world of hurt.

Kung fu developed from war, wrestling developed from sport. Tell me ho many wrestlers lose in the competition when some guy sticks their finger up their ass or grab their balls

I doubt most wrestlers would mind

That's the Hercules from Hercules and Cacus by Bandinelli in your pic, so that guy will have built himself by lifting stone weights and Greco-Roman wrestling, basically. If you want to look like him you should do the same.

if kung fu was that great you'd see it in UFC or one of those other big fighting organizations

but it's not, so you don't

inb4 "2 deadly 4 the ring"

>if kung fu was that great you'd see it in UFC or one of those other big fighting organizations

>but it's not, so you don't
The UFC/MMA and is not the be all end all of fighting and Kung Fu can be good if it's not treated like mcdojo bullshit
And there are Sanda/Sanshou fighters in the UFC and professional MMA. In amateur I've seen a couple of fighters on YouTube win with kung fu backgrouds. There was a specific guy who fought with Praying Mantis, stance and moves, easily identified as Praying Mantis and all, but I'm having trouble finding it. Another reason why you don't see Kung Fu as much, is because much like other TMA's isn't because they're less effective, merely less conductive to working in a certain environment that suits already practiced combat sports more than MA that don't use similar rules, rings and gloves; such as say Muay Thai. Muay Thai's been practiced in a similar format and with similar rules to MMA rules for far longer, so of course it adapts a better. You can't just slap gloves on a Kung Fu fighter, chance their competition and format rules then expect the fighter to adapt as immediately or as at a higher curve that a Muay Thai fighter would. With time and practice (and more kung fu fighters being present and attempting)however, kung fu can be adapted to MMA, like any other art.
>youtube.com/watch?v=1f7td8Hc-V4
>youtube.com/watch?v=fHqlGwLcStA
>youtube.com/watch?v=NxplpQIQdEY
>youtube.com/watch?v=zTobujuHQmQ
>youtube.com/watch?v=98fDOt6kck0
>youtube.com/watch?v=vrHSbKQ9AHA
>youtube.com/watch?v=HSzi3FUhF8E
>youtube.com/watch?v=XZsRy972LJ8
>youtube.com/watch?v=SUFDCe0N0xg

I personally believe in mma but I am sure there are good kung fu "only" people

mma/jkd

>everytime someone says greco roman wresteling i remember that photo of a dude that literally came himself while fighting
Go on...