/plg/ powerlifting general

/plg/ powerlifting general

Of special note, Esmeralda, please refrain from giving powerlifting and doctor advice, since I do not believe lifting for 6 weeks in a commercial gym qualifies you for the above criteria

Thank you that will be all

Also Dino I'm impressed by your ability to refrain from orbiting esmeralda these last few weeks, truly a great site, you're blossoming and growing up in front of my eyes so fast

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JD8kVtp38dY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>doctor advice

ugggh!!! I meant medical advice, but you get the idea :p

Oh you silly goose.

>The adverts are massing
>There's one above my screen keyboard
>Sean is an advert
>Trust no one

AHAHAHAH

ISNT ESMERALDA SO FUNNY GUYS

ISNT SHE SO FUNNY XDDDD

SO SMART AND FUNNY

GO OON TALK ABOUT YOUR VAGINA

MUH VAGINA MUH VAGINA

Women are smart and funny

does he even have a 300 wilks? serious question,

met plenty of smart women, never a funny one.

lads do you have one lumbar spinal erector bigger than the other

my supinated hand (right) feels a lot bigger

Thanks for the promotion sean. I could use your help when I start my stand up powerlifting routine

He has a 0 wilks :^)

>Esméralda
This fat whore came back?

switch your over/under hand.
use hook grip.
use straps.

take your pick.

He doesn't compete so he doesn't have a wilks.

You dont need any help, you're smart AND funny
shes smart and funny
shes smart AND funny, women are FUNNY

woops i meant E-wilks

>This Cartman memeing
Kinda enjoying it desu

That's not a think though :^)

b-but mr. mike T says you should train with your competition grip as much as possible

memes aside, do you think this is an indication that I'm putting weird twisting forces on my lumbar/SI that could lead to injury?

The difference isn't huge but it's there

>That's not a think though :^)
I just made it a "think" though

Aww thats so sweet of you say

Glad to know you have my corner when it comes to my blossoming comedy career.

>its an esmeralda turns off her trip to defend herself like trappy used to do episode

Upper body asymmetry is pretty common.

Holy crap that's a woman with a receding hairline. Right?

Just look at the new ghost busters and how funnny those women are

Fucking autocorrect REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

According to powerliftinggeneral.com, his wilks is 380

Hey, inferior noob here.
I've fucked around with SL for past 3-4 months, of which strictly doing the program for about 10 weeks, because I couldn't progress with it later on and it wasn't as fun.

My "lifts" are 47.5/72.5/95/132.5 (5rm).
Should I start over with sl or jump into something more advanced? Progressing on 5x5 reps was hell, but if you think I should grind more out of it, I will.

(Also, the lack of accessory work was bugging me)

Yes, this is a pretty clear indication of asymmetrical loading.
But that also might be due to the way your body is build (i.e. the asymmetry would still be there if you pulled everything with DO).
Whether or not your grip will lead to injury... who knows?
There's almost always just a chance of injury, not a certainty.

If you want to minimize chance of injury, switch your grip.
If you think that mike T's suggestion is more important for you, then do that.

Would anyone mind sharing context about the image?

those are our daily PLG posters who like to give advice about form and programming

Women are smart and funny.
Rolo's life matters

Wasn't it so funny how they made the receptionist and stupid douchebag rather than a stupid whore? Wew boundaries well and truly broken there. Inspired

I don't know about lumbars specifically but my body is asymmetric in most muscle groups. Think it has more with me having a dominant right side than my training decisions.

pls fuck off

Oh god, can I get source on some of them? Those look amazing.

>in cafeteria, eating a sandwich
>look up and see this blue collar worker staring at you

what do?

Switch to 3x5, add some accessory work in, be sure not to overdo it.

fat retard, twink alex, benchbro, captain poutine

id like to one day have a picture of esmeralda lifting put there

Whatever you do, don't try to grind more out of it.
That's exactly how I got multiple injuries, which set me back more than a year.

I also have a high hip (right) that is probably related

Here is sauce on my bench fail youtu.be/JD8kVtp38dY

leg length discrepancy?

That's it
Trump is the next POTUS
Cheers big ears

Here you go sweety

That sounds much more significant than grip desu

That's basically what I did - added dips, chins, pullovers/lat raises and started benching twice a week. I also did different set/rep ranges on squats each day. Does it sound feasible?

That's actually a good point, thanks.

for some reason, women have the worst catbacks.
why is that?

It was a max so there was a bit of rounding. Wouldn't call it cat back though really

I'd say go through 3x5 or 5x3, then go to a DUP like Greg Nuckols' 28 free, but if you're enjoying what you're doing and are making decent progress, then that's perfectly fine as well. The accessory work seems fine, just make sure it doesn't interfere with your main lifts.

I don't know. Not that I can clearly tell, but it could be. I feel like it could just be a tight hip flexor though, I really don't know.

You're probably right. I was half joking about the grip (imbalances t.b.h) but it would probably be very smart to sort out the hip issue to whatever degree possible

>he still was blessed by the bench god even with arms this long
frig off barb

you didn't catback.
but women do seem to have the worst catbacks.
why is that?

got to a PT or doctor or something and try to figure out why one of your hips is higher.

only after i found out i had a leg length discrepancy, i could adjust my training so that i didn't get anymore real hip pain.

should i even lift today

no. fuck off.

yeah fag i

Thanks, I'll look into it.

I am not really sure if I am progressing quick enough, especially squats are tough lately, but I doubt it's due to excess in accessory work.

It's just how it is. Even at worlds many top competitive women have what seems to be inefficient technique but can ugly our a rep better than men.

hey do you have any wigs or girl clothes by chance?

how did you adjust your training?

I've never had any pain or injury lifting but that's probably because I'm still very weak by powerlifting standards

>switch your over/under hand
bad idea

Kill yourself. Please.

I'm not sure really. Could be to do with weak core and back from persistent APT. Also, weak af upper back.

post tits

I don't like it. It makes me sad to see their knees flapping.

Post tits

Trying harder is very much a thing friendo

No problem. People generally start to struggle around 2 pl8 for 5x5 on squats, cutting a bit of volume should help. If you're adding 10-15 lbs a week, then you're fine in terms of LP.

first I tried using a wooden plank under the shorter leg, but that didn't really work because my upper is longer and squats/deadlifts are dynamic exercises.

at the moment I use a semi-sumo stance on deadlifts, and just lean a bit to the shorter leg side.
for squats, I sometimes use the wooden plank, and sometimes not, I also try not to force a symmetrical stance (instead I just do what feels comfortable).

how can their upper back be weak if they still need to extend it at the top of the rep?

Coached danklifts to 2nd place at the baby British today. He went 7/8 but made all his final lifts.

First place was over 50kg away so he did well.

I think it's probably related to lower absolute loads. You can just save misgrooves, catback pulls, etc easier

Maybe it's also something to do with ability to recruit maximal force. Since women can't get a true 1rm in the same way men can, they're not burned out as fast

moderate broscience but w/e

I dunno. Prolly coz they roll their shoulders back at the top to cheat.

Post tits

interesting theory.

nah, a failed lift can only be an indicator of a weak upper back.
it they manage to extend it again at the top, the upper back isn't weak.

I have a 6'4 wingspan so I would check your privilege

I can try harder at the squat and deadlift and it helps a lot, but I already probably push too hard on bench by missing reps semi-regularly in AMRAPs

10-15 lbs a week? That's 2.5kg per session.. hell no, sadly, more like 10lbs max

Good job friend

If you're missing reps semi-regularly, might be time to change programs

You'd be surprised how much cutting 2 sets off a session can help with squat progression.

Fair enough, as I say, dunno. Here's the top of the lift for posterity.

post tits now

it might be time for YOU to change programs

Bait?

Cant you read? See

>mfw just did box squats for the first time
That was great. I'm probably going to incorporate them into my regular routine.
Is it normal to be able to box squat without heels while needing them for normal squats? The box was an inch or two above parallel, but maybe I can make my way to squatting in flats...
Anyone else try any fun lifts for the first time lately?

imo, rounding your back in a deadlift is just transferring some of the load from the ass and legs to the back.
so if your glutes/adductors/hamstrings are weak, a rounded back can save an otherwise failed lift.
i also think keeping a straight back all comes down to just stopping the lift whenever you start to feel your back round.

I did, that's why I'm on C6W for my lower body. In terms of bench programming, I'm excited for next cycle. Pretty sure I won't get over 6 on my 255 amrap tomorrow, so my next cycle is gonna look like pic related.
>Inb4 not screenshotting
I was too lazy to transfer it to my phone

I think fixing my hinging issue has led to my glutes starting to catch up which means it's probable that my back was rounding before. It's why I'm doing so much volume. It's a nice feel though.

Kek Ikr.

>Why isn't that ugly girl lifting and not wearing a burka

Is/

you think it's your glutes, not your hamstrings or adductors?

Isn't he dreamy, lads?

>women are funny guys i swear

Hmm well that all sounds incredibly unhealthy and dysfunctional, you should probably try to fix it rather than standing on boards and twisting yourself around.

My hamstrings and abductors hurt for a while but my glutes are clearly struggling now. End up grabbing my butt after heavy sets

if you don't know anything about this, you'd think that, yeah.

the abductors just stabilize in the deadlift.
i was talking about the adductors.

Do you have any idea what the Greater London competiton calendar for next year is going to look like? Or when do they set the competition dates for next year?

Those are hurting, really feel it when Im at the bottom of my squat at the moment. Having to do a lot of stretching.

his face is so fat holy shit lol

Why would you need a lot of stretching?
Don't you want to use the natural stretch resistance to aid you at the bottom of the squat?

Coz it hurts and I'm piss baby

Managed to OHP 1 plate today lads! big PR! :) feels good im super proud of it even though it's babbyweight

I remember when I has happy to finally hit 1 plate bench

Congrats Dino

No

>Do you have any idea
He doesn't.

Didn't expect load to go so far and it splattered on my face
I want to kill myself. That was just awful.