I hate being a fucking phd student

I hate being a fucking phd student

holy fuck it's Friday, 1:11 am and I am still in my office working on my fucked powerpoint file for my presentation next week

mother fucking fucked fuck, fuck my life

I went to the gym at 10 pm and I won't get enough sleep to recover properly and get them good gains

fuck everything

ban me I don't give a shit, ban my entire university

Bummer man

what discipline?

was thinking of going for a phd in physics, but everyone has told me it fucking blows

Aren't you a manlet?

You just wanted to show off that you're a highly educated fit person didn't you user? Well it worked, I find that VERY attractive

I'm very tall

computer science
being a phd student proves nothing, you have to get the degree to be able to claim anything.

>phd
>in the one area of study where it literally doesn't matter, or count for anything

LMFAO kidddd

just how bad is it senpai?

I think I am too stupid for this, which is why shit takes so long to finish

I am half way through and have been on the edge of giving up quite a few times

BOO FUCKING HOO

no one cares, do some fuckin push up and stop feeling sorry for yourself

you're a big guy?

>i think i am too stupid for this

shit nigga that's how I feel

waaaaaaaaahhhhhhh mommy suck me to sleep

>diagnosed adhd
>doctor won't give you adhd meds because he low-key doesn't believe adhd is a real thing
>uni insurance, can't visit any other psychiatrist other than the uni hospital one

it's very hard to be a decent student. i basically study with 5m intervals, 5m of studying 5m of taking a break. take's forever, but at least i get shit done

hang in there bro

2:32 am still working on my slides

guys what if I told you that this just happened

will you believe me?

it's 2:32, 15 minutes ago a guy came to me and told me there is a girl downstairs that was locked out of her computer and she couldn't login because the password was entered by the IT guy who left home

thing is she had been working on a project for 11 hours and now it's 2 am and she can't login, the deadline is tomorrow and there's no way in hell she could find the IT guy during the weekend...

together with the other guy we solved the problem by realizing that the IT guys computer was left open, we searched through the folders, found a password folder and found the password for the domain that the girl was looking for

she hugged both of us and I returned back to work on my slides

this shit was so random I am sitting now typing this and don't even know how it happened, but it did

>I think I am too stupid for this
is the fucking point of a phd, that you know shit and have to gain that knowledge by not just reading one book but by researching. I was writting mine for five fucking years. 4 of those were just researching and finding out some asshole done it before me.

you gonna rock that presentation user, i honestly believe it. just the fact you're willing to work till late shows your diligence

was studying myself till an hour ago. have a test on monday on one of the courses the professor I want to do my diplomal work teaches, and since there are only 2 positions for 19 people I'm studying for the perfect 10. Have to literally memorize every word of every page.

We're all gonna make it

what's your field user?

>that surprise late night morale boost

>We're all gonna make it
thanks bro I believe in you too!

>be a PhD student
>mfw I realize research is bullshit
>mfw I realize academia is bullshit
>mfw I decide to master out and get a $90k job offer within a month of posting my resume

What's even funnier is looking back at how many years and how much debt you'll have while only learning about 1 single thing while everyone else has surpassed you in every way ;')

From one breh on the 'ch0n to another, you're going to make it.

My limited experience:

I'm in my final year of undergrad and my final year project was research based. For half a year or so I got a small taste of what it's like to be a PhD student. Fuck that shit. The hours are fucked, cunts are bitchy (both the senior lecturers and other candidates) and the list goes on. It could have been my doing, but other people I've spoken to can definitely relate to my experience.

Stop going to the gym and focus and your studies you fucking nigger.

>waste years of your life only to cop out and get a shitty masters and only 90k

should've just finished the phd

You are probably just terrible at time management, you need to get after it.

Grad student here as well. I'm in physics and I've never felt rushed and I always am able to get a minimum of 3 hours of sleep per day. I only pull an all nighter if I can afford to, and that usually doesn't happen unless there's something seriously wrong or something extremely urgent.
My second paper is in review for the PRL B. Wish me luck brehs.

for what it's worth, I'm doing it and I love it
long hours, but I love it

those who can't do, teach

May your h-index ever rise, user!

dude she has to suck your dick man. why didn't you get her number

also computer science thesis guy, what's your phd thesis topic? i'm an undergrad computer science student

Thanks user.

Hey bro, you need to reconsider your career path. I was in a similar path a few years ago. I was in a PhD program, I was good at it, I was looking forward to big money, but I was miserable.

You've got to consider why you're there. Are you there because your father would be proud of you having a Doctorate? Are you there because the career will be big money? For prestige?

PhD students are only successful when they're intrinsically passionate about what they study. Otherwise, every moment is forced. And if you'r not passionate, it's going to be forced every day after you graduate, too. Do you want to live like that?

I quit after 2 years. I'm making the same money I WOULD have been making after getting my PhD, for about the same hours, but I'm much happier than I was before.

Think about it, dude. Life's too short to do stuff without introspection.

Not op but I needed to hear those words. I'm gonna start uni next summer because I didn't have the right combination of upper secondary subjects to study biology, but now that I have gotten those subjects I'm not sure I want to do that anymore.

Which field of CS? What's your topic? Also what university?

He is a dyel tho.

I started a PhD because I did good as an undergraduate student and wanted to test my waters in academia. However the feeling of stupidity and general pressure is breaking me little by little, and I am not sure how long that's going to last before I decide to say fuck it I am out of here.

what? PhD definitely matters for CS

theoretical computer science, basically applied math

Undergrad css represent

It's not about total profit sum, it's about input vs. output ratio. I pull in under 31k a year, but I only work 20 hours a week at the fat maximum.

That's not counting unrealized gains. Forgot to mention that part.

Fuck you. Fuck off. I've been trying for three years now to get a PhD position, and you're whining about it? Get fucked.

how 2 get super good at math bros? call me a retard but im taking fucking calc 1 for the third time after being complete shit at it the first two times and not taking it seriously. ive realized i need to actually try to do well and I cant just breeze through it like algebra and trig. any tips on how to become better at math ?

it's all about getting the right intuition behind all these symbols

I know your pain because I had the same problem with shitty math high school teachers that knew absolutely nothing other than monkey memorizing a bunch of equations and playing by the math rules

search online for youtube videos, that's the only way

> I've been trying for three years now to get a PhD position, and you're whining about it?

Then you've been wasting three years to get something that is objectively a waste of time and money / opportunity cost.

OP, it sucks to hear this, but you're stuck with limited options.

You *might* be able to make time for lifting, but you'll need to plan ahead. You'll need to plan WAY ahead and set aside time in advance after taking into account your research schedule (which is a feat itself).

More than likely you'll need to realize that if you (really, truly) want to get your PhD you need to make sure research comes first. That means you're going to have to skip lifting sometimes just so you can finish up earlier just so you can breathe easier and relax. Maybe you can find substitutes, not take as long to lift--whatever. You might even have to make some hard choices about your lifestyle and eliminate certain activities altogether to free up more time for lifting, i.e. less time Veeky Forums.

It all depends on what you're willing to sacrifice and what your true priorities are.

It's litterally the same as making gains. You have to train regularly and have a good life hygiene.
If you stop for a while, you maintain some knowledge, but you become fucking slow; just as your gains go away (but not completely) if you stop training.
Best of luck

more like the one area of study that has no real application

Good luck breh

t. rapid communication in PRA

Im feeling similar burnout to OP and im a senior in my bachelors program.

I was considering my MBA But im wondering if im cut out for it.

>not wanting dr. before your name
>not wanted to be a swole 9% bf 6plate dling STEM phd possessing god

cmon now

Booo fucking hoo.

I do this and I work for a living. I still fit the gym in most days.

Kys

it's me again guys, OP

yes it's one day later and I am in my office again, working on my presentation

I love life

I think you should get a break when you feel a burn out, especially after getting a degree because you pretty much deserve it

take a month or two off, clear your brain and then go full throttle on what ever it is that you decide to do in the future

good luck user, we are all gonna make it

don't do an MBA before getting at least 2-3 years of work experience. otherwise the degree is a waste of money (and you probably won't get into a good program anyway)

I'm new to this thread. Another CS PhD student only that I do in shit that matters information retrieval and machine learning

You should kill yourself or give up because u're not up to it if u wine like a bitch

For you

Then quit, faggot. Or are you supposed to be a man?

what a fucking cuck.