Is Pendlay row a meme?

It's hard as fuck to maintain neutral spine with big weights. And literally everyone in the gym say I do it wrong. So far, I've been told to do 3 variations of rows.

How hard it is to advance with weights on Pendlays?

What do you mean by 'big weights'?

not that hard

I've started to miss reps at 1pl8

Are you having a giggle? 1pl8 pendlays are a joke, have you been lifting for 2 months?

Not super hard. Pendlay weight tends to be somewhere around what you'd bench for most gym lifters, which gives you a lot of room to make small jumps.

That said, its pretty rare to see people treat it as a main lift.

You've got that right, m8ey

Careful that shit snapped up my lower back hard a few years back. somewhat healed now but still cant go heavy on other shit like squats or deads cuz of it

Ok, thx, anons.
I suppose the hardest part is actually dealing with the "advisors", after all.

Not really, watch your back.

I stopped doing them because I just end up using my legs too much and moving my back. I've switched to 1 arm dumbbell rows which are great since you can keep the rest of your body stationary easily, and also machine rows since I can really focus on working the muscles I'm aiming at. I think I do enough deadlifts and squats that I'm not bothered about the core work you get from pendlay rows.

Second this, I was doing this 2 weeks ago with 2 plates and while I thought I was hitting the reps with a neutral spine my back has been killing me. Although, I just discovered reverse hypers and they are the most incredible back fix.

This is why I stopped doing them, it's hard as fuck to do them properly. I switched them out for power cleans.

i do pendlay rows after doing deadlifts, but use baby weight and do no more than 6 reps at a time. which is also how i do deadlifts. the two exercises pair together very nicely, hitting a lot of the same muscles (hamstrings, traps).

Funnily enough, I added it to my routine last week and after the gym felt serious discomfort in my lower right back. I had perfect form too so I don't know if it's from this exercise or if I was just overworking my back muscles since I have a habit of doing too many accessories.

All you guys saying they are hard to do need to just reset, work on your form, start with low weight and slowly raise the weight each workout. They're easy, safe, etc. Put your ego away and lift small to lift big. If your form is fucking up, lower the weight and maybe change volume instead.

"My opinion about barbell rows is as follows: fuck barbell rows. Really. Fuck them. Stop wasting time worrying about barbell rows and get your deadlift up to 500. By then you’ll have your own opinion and you won’t have to worry about mine."

-Mark Rippetoe

Is your deadlift up to 500 lbs yet?

Are you anons doing them with your upper body parallel to the ground? I do them with my body a bit more upright and with belt for support. Don't feel pain at all.

this, kind of like how you set up for a deadlift. there is a slight angle there, just enough to load your glutes and hams instead of your lower back.

How do you know you had perfect form, did you film yourself or have a trainer telling you?