Triceps lateral head

The triceps lateral head gives a lot of width to the upper arm and in my opinion looks great when it's large.

What's the best exercises to target and grow the triceps lateral head?

In this pic the lateral head is represented in yellow.

weighted dips / pushdowns

here's another pic from duckduckgo images

Thank you! Any exercises for freeweights?

When I started lifting I only had dumbells and the lateral head grew at a much faster rate than the rest of my arm, so maybe dumbell bench press?

Thank you so much!

the lateral head gets activated the most in 2 ways; locking out the arms explosively, and locking out the arms while the elbowd are flared(so basicly not tucked in to the side of your body)

I can do this flared movenemt the best while doing pushdowns, since dip bars are close to my body they dont work that well for the lateral head. I built great inner tri's doing these though

hmm I have a few strong resistance bands, perhaps I can rig something up to do pushdowns, perhaps if I loop the band over my powercage and get a couple pieces of pipe and an elbow joint.

Thank you for your knowledge!

The trademark swimmers muscle is made with a heavy finisher focus in the gym. It helps that the biggest head when large pushes it out more. These all need to be really well stretched before working out including the lats/traps. The starting 5% of the triceps movement is crucial for gains and mind connection as it's the hardest part, so biceps generally need to be fully squashed as much as possible before you start extension.

Do standard triceps workout after chest:
-Tri pulldowns/push downs w/ rope attachment (flare it out)
-Seated dumbbell skull crushers
-Overhead Cable Tri Extensions w/ rope attachment
-Flat bench skull crushers w/ EZ-bar

As you tire superset with the finisher moves:

Close grip flared elbow press and holds (think top half of a Diamond Pushup).
Kickbacks (LAST - if they don't *feel* difficult then you haven't worked out your triceps enough)

This one is for you senpai, to be fair.

>hmm I have a few strong resistance bands
I tried these bands, the resistance goes drastic from easy to harder so it's only really ideal for kickbacks not pushdowns b/c they need a uniform force.

MY AUNT, SHE RODE EQUESTRIAN

Thank you for the advice, I think I can work this into my current routine.

/Tricep General/?

Whenever I'm working my triceps it always seems to hurt my elbows more and I never feel it in the triceps what am I doing wrong? I've tried every excercise and it's always the same result. only exception would be doing dips

dang, well maybe I can go to my shed and homedepot and rig up a pulley system

Do things like bench, pushups or ohp hurt your elbows? Or is it isolation movements that hurt you?

Only isolation movements

I used to get a lot of unpleasant clicking in my elbows thinking it was injury, I realized that you need to stretch and massage the muscle a lot before starting... really warm it up. Now I don't get it unless I forget to stretch.

I'm not a PT, but I would recommend you just stick with compounds until you actually go to a PT and have them figure it out. You can hit the triceps hard with just bench, ohp, and dips

Thanks brehs we're all gonna make it

Yes sir.

try out tricep kickbacks, i feel them a lot in my triceps and i get nice pumps from them

Close grip bench press in the smith. End with tri pulldown(rope) or skull crushers.

Thank you!

I don't have a smith machine, but I'm def gonna try the pull down, I'm gonna go to home depot and make one today.

is that a random hooker in a game/comic convention?