Food

I've been targeting about 3000 cals/day, effectively eating around 2700. Should I be trying to eat much more than this (like around 3500)?

5'8 manlet, 160 lbs, pic related.

Doing SS, focusing on increasing the weight I can lift.

yeah man just suck it up and get to 200lbs, who cares because you're already skinnyfat

or you can cut to skelly and bulk slowly, up to you

I'm thinking of going with the first option, like you said, I'm skinnyfat anyways. I just don't know if 3000/day will be enough to gain weight and increase lifts.

it'll get you to 200lbs. i think 2800 is TDEE for 200lbs

im 5'9 and 200. started from 150 and ate 1,000 over maintenance till i hit that 200 lol.

my lifts are

140kg squat
140kg DL
80 bench
60 OHP
60 powerclean

I think 3000 is too much

Why?

Shouldn't your DL be higher than your squat? And what is your goal right now, staying at 200lbs?

3k is way too many calories. You'll end up putting on a crazy amount of fat.

yeah it should be but it's not...kill me brah

I tried cutting a bit of weight but i think i'll get to 100kg. I want 1/2/3/4 by the end of the year

What the hell? I thought Veeky Forums was the place where people ate like monsters.

Yeah, when you're 200lbs+ and muscular.. OP is a a skinnyfat manlet at 160lbs.

OP I did your tdee on a calculator and your tdee is 2200-2500 if you are gymming 3-5x per week. If you arent gaining on 2700 I would up your cals only by 200-300. You already have flab around your gut. Eating 3500 would cause you to look fat real soon.

Well why dont you just try it first before ruling it out fgt.

kill yourself my man

>3k is way too many calories
Holy shit, you dyel manlets have it so easy. I'm 6'1 and SLOWLY bulk on 4000 kcal / day

y-yes m'lord

Thats what I'm suspicious about. Veeky Forums is so inconsistent.

Are people memeing or are they seriously telling this guy to eat more? He's already fat, eating 3000-3500 calories with his body type is just going to end in tears.

OP if you care about how you look, eat at maintenance and do something with more volume than fucking SS

You're not even skinnyfat, you're actually fat, and you'll get fatter, not stronger, with 3k+...

Can't tell if troll

BRO WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!?

You gotta make gains first before you can increase calorie consumption like that. Jesus christ.

Stick with 2,500 calories and workout to get toned and build some muscle. Chest, back, arms, core, legs, traps. Your primary goal is to melt the fat away right now, not put more on, you'll have a hard time to get it back off in the future.

>toning

>melt the fat away

youre too fat and eating wayyy too much.

im a 5'8 manlet too. im at 153 and eat 1500 calories a day, cutting to 140. then Ill probably eat about 2200 a day