How the fuck do I get over my fear of the gym?

How the fuck do I get over my fear of the gym?
I recently signed up to a gym and finally went today after 2 weeks of stalling.

I got there and looked around and I was fucking SCARED.

I basically walked around the cycling machines for 20 minutes, feeling very uncomfortable. At one point a man on one of them looked at me so I chuckled and shouted 'JUST LOOKING FOR A HELMET'. Half the people in the gym turned to look at me, then a member of staff asked if I was OK so I ran into the toilets and hid. Basically sat for 2 hours shaking. All I could do was film my hand shaking so I can show my psychologist later.

On the way out I walked over to some weights and wiped them with my shirt so people would think I was cleaning my sweat. Not sure why I did it because I had a coat on.

webm related, will be showing the doctor

I though people like you were a meme but wtf man , get a personal trainer and tell him you feel uncomfortable and scared , he will help you out

It's either quality bait or an average Veeky Forumsizen

>guy in a fucking coat sitting on the gym toilet
>shaking, having his phone out
>murmurs something about a therapist
>goes out, cleans some gym equipment, then leaves

Always remember: these are the people giving you fitness advice.

> when you take 2many scoops of pre

>must not fap

go again

and again

try prepearing a workout plan before you go
maybe even write it down that way you have somthing you can stick to

also remember people who work out ont really care about what your doing

Thanks OP, I laughed.

But if this is real then just change to a different gym and then don't do any of those things you did.

You only get noticed if you do things that nobody else is doing. So if you want to fit in then literally just walk in and pick up some weights and start curling. Nobody will notice you. I promise.

>people replying to this -clearly- bait thread
how ironic to call OP stupid

Wtf is wrong with you? Why can't you function like a normal human being?

this

I'm not one for personal trainers considering all the info is out there (STICKY), but in your case OP. Having one for a week to guide you would be fine.

that joke you made is too good for you to be autist, so I'm not sure if this is a troll thread, but if not, I know that feel bro. I remember in college, I walked to the gym twice before actually working out. both times I just stood outside trying to get the courage to go in, the second time actually walking to and from the door several times before going home. I'm not even that weird IRL and am confident at work and stuff, but I get how people get nervous about it.

just take it slow. go in one day and use the leg press machine or something simple that you don't need to rack weights or go to the middle of the gym for. in between sets, scope out the gym and decide a few things you think you can look normal doing. you probably don't wanna squat or DL since they draw some attention and require you to rack weights and trial and error to find a good amount, so look at some machines you can do discretely

also go at low traffic times. if it's a 24 hour gym, go at 3am. I legit go to mine at 4:30am before work every day, largely because I get self conscious with a lot of people around.

after 3 or 4 times you'll be comfortable to branch out. as everyone will say, no one gives a shit about you and no one will talk to you.

Eat a big meal drink protein take one workout and fucking lift everyone was a dyel at one point fella the xenoestrogen in your mama Celeste pizza/hot pockets turned you into a walking vagina

Keep in mind that you will look like an idiot the first time you try anything at the gym. Then remember that people's opinion of you will improve far more than was lost as you figure your routines out and continue to show up. Stop being afraid of looking stupid in life or you will stay stupid.

Like when you want to panic because you look stupid, instead accept that you look stupid, and remember your objective is to figure this out, not to not look stupid. It is fine to look stupid as long as you accomplish your objective each time and keep showing up. Does this make sense?

it depends on why you're afraid. these are all viable solutions:

Talk to a therapist.

Get a home workout setup.

Slowly overcome your fear with immersion therapy. In other words just do it, it gets easier.

Wear headphones and listen to good music. Kinda takes you out of the social vibe and helps ignore people.

I was anxious too at first but nowhere near that bad. I was just self conscious about my lifts and form. I kept going and now I don't give a fuck.

>those long lanky fingers

AYYY

Low quality bait. Why isn't you hand which holds the camera shaking? Check mate

the icon looks like a dick

Try again!

Not him.
Because it's holding something you dumb fuck. When you're exerting force it's actually a lot easier to keep still. Keeping your empty hand still is actually harder because it doesn't weight shit.