>still at 120lbs after TWO MONTHS
>even my bench is higher

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bs_Ej32IYgo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No ones forcing you to do them

But if you wanna learn we can teach you

>have to use 5lb plates under my feet
Stop being a poorfag and get proper shoes for squatting.

>always feel like shit doing them
what does this even mean

>still at 120lbs after TWO MONTHS
>even my bench is higher
if this is the case, it is probably your form (ASSUMING you are eating at a surplus). I highly doubt you are doing it correctly.

Your bench being higher could mean multiple things and one the main one being you've lifted before, but only bench (muscle memory is a thing).

HOWEVER, I would bet money it's your shitty form and shitty diet.

I do want to learn but I'm afraid of being to genetically inferior to do them.

And now as I sat down to take a dump I feels small pain under my right knee fuck

tfw squat 600 pounds

literally dont do anything special but work hard

please get your form checked before you hurt yourself.

You're 100% right it is my shitty form. My bench is only higher because I've been eating at surplus even though I started with the bar.

I'm positive it's got something to do with ankle mobility, since I can only naturally squat on the balls of my feet. The thing is, I've been stretching my calves and ankles for 1 min each almost 3 weeks now; I notice almost no difference.

Maybe it's also hip mobility since I have slight lordosis fuck idk I'm so depressed rn.

I had the exact same issues with front squats (my shoulder injury prevents me from back squats). I gave up after 3 month of stretching, now i do leg press instead : (

I just want to be a healthy normal human bean :(

You should really video yourself and post it on here.

>describes the worst way to squat and obviously has shit mobility
>why do they feel shit guys
watch some kelly starret and chris duffin videos you ding

My uni gym doesn't allow filming and they are extremely strict about it.

Something about bullys in the past

how much do you weight?

I'm 6'1 170 lbs I can also post my shitty lifts if you want but it's my squats that I really would like to work on.

how many sets/reps each? what weight exactly?

for squats obv

not everyone should do a wide stance but if it is necesasry, widening your stance should give you more mobility. try making it a little bit bigger at a time until it is wide enough for you

I feel you

I like all the leg exercises, but I see myself skipping legday because I want to avoid those filthy squats

isnt there anything I can do instead?

I warm up with 95 about 5-7 reps

Then I do 3 more sets of 120 or so 5 reps

I spend about 5 minutes adjusting the plates under my feet but it never feels the right distance apart. Idk what to do.

do you point your toes outwards a little?

y-yes

Lower the weights, try doing 8-12 reps. Then slowly increase the weight when you get comfortable with your sets.

ok you should
youtube.com/watch?v=bs_Ej32IYgo
watch this video. the guy himself is kind of a meme here but this video is good and hopefully will teach you something to help you

>what is stretching

Does anyone here actually lift or is everyone a skinny fucking teenager? Seriously, what is wrong with you people? Can't wait for my bodybuilding.com account to be unbanned you fags are pathetic and it seems like it's 95% of y'all

That's gay. Just ask a bigguy4u to check your form. Don't ask a PT though

Feet apart at shoulder width, toes pointed forward, make sure your thighs/ass are parallel with the floor or you're not going deep enough. You want your weight to be on your heels, look at the ceiling to prevent falling forward.

Dont be afraid to push yourself. You can probably squat more than you think you can. I used to hate squats because I was afraid of them and my body wasn't used to them so they'd make me nauseous. Now they're one of my favorite exercises and I love that in filling in my jeans.

It's not gay, it's DANGEROUS.

Form checks ARE IMPORTANT

this is incredibly awful advice desu. you doing that on purpose? dont look at the fucking ceiling

you should probably kill yourself

m8 get on my level
I can't move my ankles past vertical because they're shaped like cubes.
My hips are basically locked at an angle as well because the top of my femur looks like the Club of Hercules.
Squats shoes and a slightly widened stance and staggered left leg were my saving grace.

You WILL get hate on Veeky Forums for daring to go outside the conventional rules. However if it doesn't compromise your form and is sound fuck the haters.
I push more in my "hybrid" stance, with less pain then before. I've chosen to compromise on big numbers and focus on not fucking up my retardted bones more than they already are.

y-you're not counting the bar, right?

I-I am counting the bar

:(

I was like you once, OP. every time I dipped into squat with baby weights my body felt like it was going to cave in and I'd end up killing myself with a 100 lb squat and it'd make the news as the most pathetic death ever.

everything felt unstable so I decided to go much lighter than my max and do 3 sets of 10-15 reps both to teach myself how to actually do it properly and to activate some hypertrophy to get bigger and more stable muscles to keep my body from breaking appart, then when it started feeling super comfortable to squat, I started going heavy and did 250 lbs in no time