What the fuck Veeky Forums?

What the fuck Veeky Forums?
$730 USD for a fucking bar?
>not even olympic

Other urls found in this thread:

roguefitness.com/the-ohio-bar
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deflection_(engineering)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bro you can get a decent bar for like 170

its the same 'bar' as the comp version, but the way they make them is quite cool; the head of the machining tool that carves the knurling is only good for a certain amount of bars before it's worn out and replaced; the first group that come out are the sharpest and sold as olympic comp bars, the second amount are sold as olympic training bars, and the last ones which come out significantly softer are sold as sport training bars. the steel and sleeve construction are the same, both the best quality there is

t. dyel

>Eleiko
>wtf why is the highest quality shit so expensive!

most people will never need a bar of this quality

Eleiko is meme equipment for "muh /owg". Maybe even more retarded than "muh ipf".

eleiko gear is really, really fucking good. I used to train in a gym with a full set of eleiko bumper plates and bars and it was amazing. you obviously don't need that for your home gym, but for a serious oly gym for example it's worth the money.

Computers cost less

roguefitness.com/the-ohio-bar

I'd say the Rogue Ohio bar is pretty much the ideal solution for most people. Supports oly lifts as well as the power lifts and has a good longevity.

Where do I buy from if I live in Sweden/EU and want basic stuff for a home gym? (Bar, plates,cage)

>buying new
retard

>Computers cost less

Computers are easier to mass-produce in 2016. This is literally an entirely steel bar of the highest quality brand

>out of stock
>OUT
>OF
>STOCK

Whoever buys this must shit money...

you don't seem to get it.
tighter tolerances = more expensive
this bar is made to a very high precision.
you are going to pay a lot more for it.

>must shit money
>$730

My gym recently expanded and bought 12 of those, I'm imagining that's the primary customer-type.

How much weight can that hold? It says 190,000 PSI, but how does that translate to kg or lbs on the bar?

More than you can lift.

I mean as long as it's over 500lbs, I prolly won't ever have to worry, but I would still like to know

I worked with eleiko and pendlay bars and honestly didnt like it. I dont get the hype.

My favorite bar by far is the black zinc rogue chan bar. Knurlings feel perfect and the 2 ring design are so great for people who do both oly/pl.

It doesn't as there is no simple equation to calculate this. See en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deflection_(engineering)

I've seen over 360lbs Clean&Jerks been performed with this bar which of course included to drop it from overhead (approx. 6-7 feet).

Several athletes pulled over 600 pounds with this bar in the DL and dropped it from waist height. Pretty sure there hardly is anyone on Veeky Forums being able to destroy it.

whoo nelly, thank you sir. I think i'll probably get this ohio one then.

It's more about longevity I think, and the average person will never experience a bar wearing out enough for it to break/deform.

It's related to how much the bar will bend under load not related to how much it can hold.

>the average person will never experience a bar wearing out enough for it to break/deform.

They will if they leave shitloads of weight loaded with the bar racked.

I've seen plenty of deformed bars at gym.

Also, bearings get destroyed long before a bar will deform, hence why most old bars at gyms will not spin for shit.

This mostly results from incorrect treatment of the bar. Chalk has to be removed periodically using both a steel brush as a well as Isopropyl alcohol (or a related alcohol). The bearings need to be oiled up as well, esp. if the bar undergoes drastic changes in temperature (which it shouldn't in the first place).