Patellar tendonitis

Help me Veeky Forums has anyone has long term experience with this.
I was well on my way to making it and this has ruined everything. I have tried PT, resting for months stretching, foam rolling. Nobody seems to record success stories on the Internet. I am beginning to give up on ever squatting and deadlifting again

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s_hQSJVIN3c
globalsportscare.com/patient_exercises/Kongsgaard.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No one knows how strong your deadlift and squat are. Just skip those. You can still make it.

Seriously though. This should have been gone by now. Take a week rest again and just do the regular 3x10 leg lifts they gave you at pt and stretch. Tendonitis is a result of overuse. Foam rollling is a meme. No stairs, no sports. No one-legged shit. Bending over doesn't help either. Don't wear a brace because that will just make your muscles around the knee weaker.

Tips on stretches that don't make my knee hurt afterwards?
A week? this has been for years, I even get inflamed from sitting down in a seat for an hour.

What is your flexibility?

Low, i can't sit back on my heels and i can't touch my toes.

what kind of stuff have you been doing so far? Any hamstring work?
walking and light cycling also helps and relieves pain for a bit.

then you have no business squatting and deadlifting anyway

you need the flexbility, wth did your pt say. Just do 3x10 leg lifts they told showed you and stretch on the bed. Do everything lying down. You need to stretch until it goes away

i was doing stiff legs for a while, ~2.25 pl8 for sets of 8.
Recently got back into squats but decided it was probs doing more damage than rehab.
Bought a slant board but i am wary of it as i feel it flares up my good knee.
Seem to have no problem with hitting depth on squats?

I have had it for over 2 years now.
I have rested for a complete year and recently tried to get back into squatting. The pain is still there. This is the worst fucking injury.

the rage i have at people who don't want to train hard.
"i don't wanna do squats lmao"
i literally fucking die

I also bought a slant board but stopped using it because of the same reasons. I wish I had rings hanging from the ceiling that I could just use to lift myself up from the bottom position.

Clearly just resting isn't enough to cure this condition. I'm guessing I shouldn't have neglected hamstring work while I was trying to actively rehab my knee.

dont do slant board get flexibility

Do you have experience with flexibility and curing the tendonitis?

Teach me more.
I do this stretch every workout:
youtube.com/watch?v=s_hQSJVIN3c
I also stretch my glutes but I read somewhere that stretching the hamstrings could be counter-productive to curing patellar tendinitis.

Bump ;_;

will sell my soul for a cure desu

Probably squatting wrong, let's see a video

You seem clueless.

I have the injury for 8 years now and I finally found a solution which worked for me through a sports specific MD. The key observation was that he saw my knee collapsing inward when doing single leg squat. The reason was an imbalance in strength AND flexibility. It took me 2 months to learn to do an air squat with perfect form and keep heels on the ground and without butt winks. Solution was to fix flexibility in the bottom of the squat but even more by learning better motor control. My hamstrings where activated earlier than my glutes in the bottom of the squat . I needed to learn to re-active my glutes by doing BW glute exercies and learn air squats after that. My rehab continues by progressing into good single leg squats

So essentially turn on glutes?

dont give up senpai,

Had patellar tendonitis aka jumpers knee for 3 years.

Started after squatting with shit form for months, i did the same as you went to doc, physio, resting, stretching, nothing had long term effect.

But, then i tried HSR(heavy slow resistance training, and after 2-3 legworkouts it started to get better, and after few months it is "completely" gone, i still feel it sometimes when i am in akward positions, but i can do squats and leg extension without problem.

Try this man

globalsportscare.com/patient_exercises/Kongsgaard.pdf

I had it for about 4 years. Decided to take a year long break. Helped a little bit but I can't do any running sports. If I go down too fast on squats my knee will flare up. I think you probably just have to find that perfect training schedule and intensity to manage it. I doubt you'll ever cure it as this point.

So essentially turn on glutes?I had a sports physiologist mention kongsgaard before but I always for the name !
I will look into this!

If your kneecap is tracking incorrectly when you squat, then squatting with a light band around your knees may turn your glutes on and keep your knees in a better position. Working on capsular flexibility in order to get into a deep squat position will also help.

Always turn on your glutes. But check form first. Are you're hamstrings firing first when you are in the bottom of the squat ? do your knees cave in ?

Can you sit and relax in the bottom of an air squat ?

Also make sure that there are no physical issues. kneepcap can also damage the tendon somehow.

Have had mri, no mention of problems outside the tendonitis.
I can sit in a full depth air squat if I have my hands in front of me .