Getting a thick neck

How to build a massive bull-like neck Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UPnXdfqN8Rg&ab_channel=AlphaDestiny
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Genetics>roids>heavy deadlifts>heavy shrugs>heavy facepulls with stop

>what are neck bridges

Mostly genetics, if you have smaller, narrow head your neck appears thicker (not talking about traps, but actual neck).

However you can affect it by training, for example wrestlers require strong neck to avoid injury and they do isolation exercises just as neck bridges to strenghten it.

just as->such as

genetics

>I'llnever look like that

Why even bother lmao.

Those fucking guns holy shit

thank god im roiding then

headbanging hard as fuck on concerts till sore next day + genetics

im serious, i am dyel as it gets but my neck is wide as fuck compared to average normies

Shrugs, deadlifts and meme harness.

>sat talking with grill
>user you have a really thick neck no offence
>I just kind of look at her confused since still dyel
>no, no, no I never ment it meanly I just noticed its really thick
I was grinning like a mother fucker for the rest of the day

>genetics
wrong

football players, wrestlers, gymnasts pretty much all have thick necks, not because of genetics, but because they train their necks so that they dont snap their shit

deadlifts
shrugs
farmer carries

dips, if you "dip" with your traps (shrug)
seated cable rows, if you lean back a lot

OHP, if you lean forward a bit at the top and actively shrug up and squeeze your traps

plenty of options

I'm pretty sure genes are involved, you won't build a Belgian blue tier neck if you don't already have a large one.

Jesus Christ, everything is genetics with you fuckers. Take a look at anyone who grapples or wrestles. They all have thick necks because their necks are involved in their sport. My first day after BJJ and my neck was the most sore thing on my body.

A thick neck will immediately tell you if a guy works out for aesthetics or if he also does a sport that's heavy on physical contact(rugby).

You make neck gains by *gasp* , doing neck work

4-way neck machines for high reps
Neck harness, wrestler's bridges and I forget the name, but it's basically just where you load pl8s on your face and do neck crunches.

I'm lucky to have access to a 4-way and I've seen some pretty good gains after using it 4x25 each side 3x a week for a few weeks so far.
I've even got less neck pain now

Some people like the singer for slipknot have huge fucking necks naturally, but most of us don't

A decent neck/traps is the difference between an athlete and someone who just hits the gym

Neck bridges

/thread

Suck dick til failure

That's for the jaw user.

I doubt it.

Neck is the most important muscle group to train in contact sports.

If you use proper form you should be working your neck muscles too.

>anything but genetics

>all these 'genetics' fags

Literally any wrestler will have a relatively thick neck

>Literally any wrestler will have a relatively thick neck

eat shit literallyfag

Worst possible pose to flare neck and traps.

better?

Probably thicker than yours.

>y-yours

his neck is average. stay btfo

Neck squats

This. Wrestling made my neck huge. Working traps makes it look even bigger now.

Okay now find me one with a skinny neck. Or don't, just sit there blaming genetics for every bad thing about your life.

So wrestling took him from skinny to average then? I wonder what's holding it back...

Probably doesn't train as hard as you, does he?

Jon Jones got his neck gains taken away by the Liftfather after his second car crash as punishment.

Lie on your back and pull your knees up towards your chest like you're about to do crunches. Keep your arms at your sides, palms flat. Raise your head up a few inches off the floor until you notice some tension in your neck. Maintain this height while doing headbangs ('yes' nodding motion), side-to-side movements ('no' nodding motion), and head circles in both directions. Do this until you feel a slight burn in your neck, then do it for a little longer.

Add this to the end of your stretching routine and in a few months you'll have a fuller, less chokeable neck.

protip: put on some metal to headbang along to

Everything is about genetics because they need an excuse like the fatties

I noticed my neck looked better after doing heavy deadlifts especially when you tighten your traps and therefore flex your neck muscles during the straining movement

I think tensing your whole body (including neck) during compounds will probably make it bigger. I know fighters do neck work, not sure about people like football players, but they must considering the nature of their sport.

Headbang x F

>people think this looks good

Medium-wide neck reporting in

Don't wrestle or grapple, don't have a skinny neck

Maybe if you have necklet genetics you need to grope sweaty men

I do exercises from some paper about flight pilots from NCBI.

Of course the appearance of a thick neck is determined by the size of head and the size of shouders. Of course if you start with a pen neck will never have the same neck as a guy who started with a large neck but you definitively will see some improvement.
For example after a few months I can see that, even if I still think my neck looks thin, it's already bigger when compared to the neck of my friends of the same height who doesn't lift. In this case they even have a greater BF (who helps giving neck size) but mine still proportionally thicker.

should shrugs be high weight low reps? I have been doing dumbbells ones with like 30 lbs but do like 35 reps

Genetics, heavy shrugs, heavy deadlifts. A girl told me to stop working traps cus my neck was getting shorter and thicker. I don't do the shrugs anymore but fuck her.

>all these tards claiming genetics
>they actually think that muscles they never directly train aren't small simply because they're undwrtrained

Wew lad. Neck is just like abs, calves, and forearms: if they're small it's because you're not training them directly or aren't training them right. The neck responds well to resistance work at high times, just like most stabilizer muscle groups. It's supposed to resist motion for the most part, so that's how it is best trained.

It's not fucking genes.

Unless you have a chad face/jaw you're just going to look like you have downs

>what is headbanging

shrugs, deads, neck curls with your head hanging off your bedside, just progressive overload in general I suppose, only started training my neck directly very recently so I can't really vouch for what i'm saying, but in theory heavy deadlifts/shrugs mainly and direct work over time should give your neck a good level of thickness.

Also watch this

youtube.com/watch?v=UPnXdfqN8Rg&ab_channel=AlphaDestiny

I get told my neck is thick quite often but I don't think it is

Even if people did struggle to strangle me during martial arts practice

I just did 4 sets of neck isometrics and got a crazy neck pump

wrestlers should have thick necks. go away you fucking retard.