I'm creating a world war two scenario where the Axis would've lasted longer than they did historically...

I'm creating a world war two scenario where the Axis would've lasted longer than they did historically. My question is therefore what specific military decisions made by the world leaders would've prolonged the war but not decidedly end it with a axis victory. No magic either so no Seelöwe 1940.

Here are my top five suggestions:
>Dunkirk retreat fail
>Italy attacks Egypt instead of Greece
>Paulus gets the hell out of Stalingrad before the pocket closes or supports Mansteins attack to relieve him
>Tunisia doesn't get massive reinforcements in 1943 and Hitler instead initiates a major retreat back to Italy
this is entering a magic territory but since it's a under utilised what-if scenario I'll allow it
>Kursk succeeds

But will we have pregnant Anne Frank in it?

Stalingrad

>I'm creating a world war two scenario where the Axis would've lasted longer than they did historically.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN

Germany doesn't declare war on the United States. Isolationists block any preemptive declaration of war against Germany, focusing instead on the War in the Pacific.

For me it's different enough than
>How2Win as Germany?
Which renders it okay in my books.

This is correct but would've only made the japs more fucked than they were before. With the US 'Europe first' strategy they had to at least pretend to divide their forces. In the end I think Hitlers war declaration helped the axis cause, if one can say such a thing.

what if japan had not honored it's pact with russia and double punded it with germany?

I got an easy one

>Germany doesn't pre-emptively declare war on the United States after Pearl Harbor

Then Japanese forces in China get BTFO in a matter of weeks like irl and nothing much changes on the Eastern Front until suddenly the Russians don't NEED to control their eastern border because they have millions of angry commie chinks to do it for them. Imagine that.

The japs would've gotten no resources for its war machine and its army was mainly occupied fighting the chinks. But a significant military build up and no jap-rus pact means no last minute veteran reinforcements to Moscow during operation Tyfoon in 1941. Stalin stayed in Moscow even during the hard times and maybe he, like Hitler, would've rather blow his brains out than retreat from the chaos he created?
No Stalin means no top dog in a society specifically fostered to obey. This could mean political chaos for the Soviets and perhaps a serious prolongation of the eastern front?

They tried Egypt before Greece and the Brits blew them the fuck out.

They did not, France and Tunisia was the prioritised front. Only when the brits started raiding like crazy did the Italians send more troops towards the egyptian front and even then Mussolini had his eyes on Greece which further undercut the Italian military in north Africa.

Bump

they attacked both though

>world war two scenario where the Axis would've lasted longer than they did historically.

America stays out of the war.

Also you fucking aren't, you're just pretending you are to seem interesting like 95% of Veeky Forums

capture of malta could make a difference in afrika
a much less aggressive barbarossa that doesnt make them lose 1/3 of their army
dropping the whole "its da jews" idioicy
standardized equipment mass procuded
no waffen SS

rational and goal oriented decisions, but then in that case the whole war wouldnt have started since it was unwinnable

Attack moscow in august,conquer it before the mud and snow.

even at her tender young age her pregnant breasts would be pendulous, her nipples prominent

Alternate history is stupid waste of time

This. Except Anne Frank-related

>Dunkirk retreat fail
it couldnt fail, german divisions suffered losses, and the pocket contained enough heavy weaponry to make them pay if they try to close it
it did, the result was a british counterattack which destroyed them
>Paulus
you dont retreat fast with hauled armies, lose the infantry was would be just as disastrous
>Tunisia
Tunisia never had massive reinforcements, a few heavy tank battallions and a panzer division is not massive
>Kursk
another fantasy of shitler, it was doomed to fail

>it did, the result was a british counterattack which destroyed them
Beevor and wikipedia says differently. Italy first focused on France and Tunisia, and when the bongs started winning big time in Egypt Mussolini attacked Greece instead.

The standard big block moves offer the only opportunity for the Nazis to stave off defeat. Don't fight on multiple fronts. Don't declare war on the US. Don't persecute and genocide within conquered territories. Force your Japanese ally to be an ally, and attack the Sovs. Do all of these, and they'd likely wind up with a stalemate and an expanded empire.