Financial Slavery

So more of a question/conversation. This may be more /pol/ related but I want a Veeky Forums approach to the problem.

Modern financial slavery. How many of you are doing "well" on paper but can't sleep at night knowing you are a slave?

I make almost 6 figure, live in a rural area where I am probably besides our doctors and lawyers one of the highest paid citizens. I am only 28, own a modest town home that is modern, low maintenance and easy to flip or rent. I have a new but econo car that is almost paid off. A few toys and the usual financial products they tell us we need.

Yet every night I go to bed after checking my penny stocks and crypto and can't make it throughout the night without a fucking nightmare.

In the bigger scheme of things I am baby tier middle class american in debt. I don't have kids, don't have a stupidly large Mcmansion, but the thought of being in any debt, and being a wage cuck is fucking driving me bat shit crazy.

How many on Veeky Forums have made it? Besides crypto (lets be honest for the majority of you its a meme with your birthday money invested into it) what else have you done to beat the system?

Maybe it's a prison but I sure do enjoy my time here.

I'm doing shit both on paper and in real life.
It's the worst feel, like you know you're supposed to be miserable

Dude should be staring at a cell phone instead, but then would probably hit a little too close to home for most of the young hipsters around here..

You sleep well at night knowing you are in debt?

I mean my "total" debt including unavoidable debt such as student loans (which were not avoidable in my personal situation) is less than $140,000, so in the grand scheme not "horrible".

I even like my job, but it drives me insane knowing I have to go because I am a slave and not because I want to go.

I literally spend 80% of my take home on debt (if you include mortgage). I think it is the right thing to do, although it still gives me heart burn.

I can't believe people around me that are "ok" making payments on cars, houses, motorcycles, boats for years and years and years. It drives me insane.

say no to slavery. go crypto all in. break free from the matrix. you've been warned

yeah we didn't take out hundreds of dollars of loans so we don't have to deal with that retard

hundreds of thousands*

Read a god damn book called DEBT by David Graeber.

Understand that DEBT is good, is life, without debt no one thing would owe to other anything, no relationship possible.

In fact, in many societies to attempt to cancel a debt is to cancel and severe all ties to a community. Worse thing you can do. Best thing you can do is indebt yourself with others.

You are a slave only if you have a master and a slave-mindset. That you do to yourself regardless of financial situation.

Every day of wageslavery is soul death.

I dont even play games anymore because it feels pathetic to only get to play in 1-2 hour spurts

I give 10 hours out of 16 each day to someone else's pocket

Im 130k nw with zero debt but i feel like shit. If i were in debt i would just give up on it all

Make good salary for my age, made 50k in crypto with tiny investment because got in last year and have just held, have about 5k in traditional investments.

Live in London so rent takes half my wage, will never own a property in London (don't like living outside zone 1-2).

Financially pretty sound but spend everyday staring at blockfolio as I know it is the only way I will ever be financially free. I just need 1m then I can move it into traditional investments, skim a tasty free wage while still compounding and actually do what I want to do in a cheap part of the country where I can own my place.

Workwise I'm ahead of all my same age colleagues (not anyone as young as me but as well paid/senior grade wise in the company) and also my friends. Still spend every night thinking about the financial ball and chain around my neck. Ffs

You are all retards.

The richest men in history have all been in massive debt. All their slaves and plebs owe them their work and entertainment.

Freedom is something you take. Not something you get.

Freedom is not granted to you by blockfolio telling you it is okay now you are free.

Same boat.

I can't even complain.

I am only scheduled to work 130 day a year. Of which I still take 2-3 months off a year. Its one of the reasons I have not left my job, the "perks" are too good.

So its not my "job" holding me down, its just knowing that I am playing the game. Every month I have to pay up. Its a mental state.

On the flip side in my industry my only other option would be to contract and that is wish/washy at best and can be lucrative but there is no job security, which would make my anxiety even worse.

>I am only scheduled to work 130 day a year
wtf
Where do you work and how much do you make?

(((lol)))

It's not about debt, it's about knowing you have to spend 5/7ths of your week lining someone else's pocket for tiny compensation because you weren't born with money. If you're born with anything over 1m in the uk waiting for you and have basic financial education then you can be free. If not you have to work without spending to save enough to gain any kind of freedom.

This is I understand. Leveraging your financial means, taking less risk, maximizing current opportunities.

I mean the folks that snapped up Mcmansions with shitty mortgages, lost it all and a year later got back into the market with a nice apology note because the system was fucked and they took no personal blame.

They are fucking businessmen alright.

The issue is that I would fucking anhero if I went through something like that. I guess I don't have the balls, but my anxiety would fucking peak.

I went to Purdue in 2009 as an out of state student, and it was 20k a semester. After the first semester of learning that there are way smarter people in the world than me, and knowing i was just drowing myself into thousands of dollars worth of debt, I left beginning of second semester to come home. Took a year off school and went to trade school at my local community college for Welding. Finished in 3 years, working part time, paid for my classes out of pocket as they were much more affordable, about $500-$1200 a semester.

I now own a portable welding business that does about 10k a year and I also wash windows for 40k a year.

I also make music that brings in royalties every three months... this figure i will not say.

How these kids to go universities to spend that sort of money is absolutely ludacris. Universities are a business in my eyes. They do not care if you pass or fail. They make more money off your dumbass failing classes anyways.

And, we need more people that are skilled with their hands. Not more white collar cucks

Firefighter-Paramedic

$85,000 before overtime.

Right now I just take whatever overtime I can get on my off days. This year that is an additional $30,000. I am seriously looking for a second job in an unrelated industry to diversify my income and open up more opportunities.

I have been toying with medical equipment sales, and have been approached by recruiters for surgical implants. The issue is they don't seem to understand I can work two full time jobs and write me off immediately when I explain I could still remain with the Fire Department and only work 90 days a year (using up all my holiday and vacation)

So we shall see.

Um, not all university experiences are "insert meme about liberal arts and financial slavery".

My total university experience was $75,000. I think it was well worth it.

jesus fucking christ user you just cut to the core of me
i come here to talk shit and dream of driving my lambo to my helipad so i can catch a ride out to my weekend yacht, with a couple of 11/10 azn broads to fucky sucky me loong time.
I didnt expect to be reminded of my real life... that i'm recently almost 10k in debt after having to replace my a/c and a trip to the ER, or that i'm 5 years into a 30 year mortgage, or that i'm working a barely 50k a year job that I don't love, or that my truck is rapidly becoming a piece of shit and i can't afford to replace it right now. FFS it only holds one carseat lmao, which is fine for now as i've only got my little boy, but my QT wife is due in april...idk how in the fuck im gonna pay for that. But no worries, i'm gonna make it. This shit is my ticket out of slavery. Gonna put whatever extra money i can into these god damn coins and never owe anyone another damn cent. Sorry OP for posting this bullshit, hope for all of our sakes you fucking make it.

That's what we're all doing here.

Trying to make enough money to never have to work or actually worry about money again. Financial independence is the only meaning to life.

1. Adopt a relatively minimalistic, luxury eschewing lifestyle post-graduation

2. Use resources to pour into company.

3. Generate substantial profits from said company. Continue to work day-job for security. Pour funds into company and other investments

4. Quit day job. Live a relatively modest lifestyle despite having more capital. Spend mostly on health and fitness when I do. But freedom's the best bit.

5. Pour capital into Bitcoin. Bitcoin grows to become overwhelming majority of portfolio. Decide if anyone is getting rich in Bitcoin it'll be me.

6. Now worth $6MM+.

I'm about to graduate university with zero friends, not even having lost my virginity, and the tuition was a rip off because I learned every course via used textbooks, library course reserves, and stackexchange. $60,000 for what?

I own 21 BTC. Im a 28 year old NEET with no job experience.
If im not rich by 35 i'll kms.

Having money does not automatically mean you have freedom.

Taking freedom is a way of being, and thinking. Being free. Hence even most indebted men can still be free.

You think having money on your account would automatically grant you the Power To Take Freedom and be free?

See, the more debt you take the more your creditor will wish you well and take care of you, even find you other creditors for more debt so you can repay his own, then you use that for more cycles. When you have massive debt from as many creditors as possible, a nice graph where everyone owes you - you are "too big to fail" god.

Stop fearing debt, use it.

Stop being like a virgin too afraid to speak to women, take the freedom and grab em by the pussy.

Thats ok, bitch away.

Thing is, if I could be debt free (lets say mortgage is all that is left on one or two houses, while I still draw income from other rental properties I own), and I was bringing in $200,000 a year. I would say that would be happiness.

That is "breathing" room. Where you could relax and live modestly in a single story small home with a truck and shit box, and never worry about "what ifs".

I'd say the biggest issue in this country is the "what ifs". Sure its good now, but "what if" the economy tanks and my pension/investments are worth nothing, my home is upside down? "what if" I become disabled at work? "what if" I become sick outside of work and its over a year long period (Maximum i can use for sick leave and still maintain Cadillac insurance?)

The "what ifs" are what cause the anxiety.

Sounds like you need friends man.

Also if you feel like you have a problem, you need to proactively tackle it to feel happy. It sounds like from your other posts you're already trying to break free of debt so that's a good thing but you need something more concrete - like a business idea. Plan out how long you have to be in debt and put a clock on your suffering, that helps too

Slaving for a kike boss is the definition of not being free.

>> 3927110

All in your mindset and your relationship to your so called boss. If you have a boss you fucked up due to wrong mindset, everywhere I worked the titulary superior person was my friend.

Was it a slave or Diogenes in ancient Greece who posted around like an ad "Master for sale, will provide mastering for anyone in need of a master"

Not looking for social evaluations, I have lots of friends and could have more if I wanted. I am not trying to be rude, because if you looked hard enough I am sure a professional could diagnose me with some disorder or another.

The friends issue is an interesting one. I actually find its hard to make close friends because of everyone's overall wasteful consumerist behavior. It permeates into conversation, lifestyle choices, ideology.

I have lots of friends overseas who are pretty down to earth and I find I can relate to them better. I travel a bunch with all of my free time.

If we want to get into social scenarios, its why dating an American woman is unbearable and I am single.

>Trying to make enough money to never have to work or actually worry about money again

But I got that already since my birth. There must be more in life.

Funny thing is, I enjoy my work and it is rewarding. If I had a million NEET bucks in assets rolling in passive income, I would still do what I am doing. Hopefully with less anxiety.

Just find something you are passionate about and is worth doing.

As an european can't help but laugh at your burger college scams. My uni is free, getting a genetic engineering degree. Since I have very good grades THE UNI ACTUALLY PAYS ME 250EUR EVERY MONTH. It

I don't have much debt but I feel the same. I run my own business, work about 70 hours a week because I wouldn't trust an employee to do any of this shit right. My mind is constantly racing, I always feel like I'm not doing enough, like everything that is going well will fail no matter what I do, like sales are shit even when they're good. I just want a Lamborghini. That's my lifeline. That's why I haven't blown my brains out yet.

Should be buying one within 6 months or so. I hope it's as good as I need it to be.

What then?

What will keep you going?

Thats pretty sad bro.

Sure, I guess we could be more specific.

Taking a loan to start a business, buy property (good property) or go to school to further your career, that is good debt.

I am talking more specifically about modern American consumer debt.

I bought a brand new car that cost $15,000. Financed it to build credit. Trying my hardest not to pay that shit off as I need to play the game, but it drives me insane knowing Ford still owns it.

I don't know how some people go finance a $60,000 dollar SUV. I see it, you see it.

How do they not have anxiety over wasteful depreciating assets?

That's the million dollar question that I don't have an answer to. My business isn't sustainable either, I've got maybe 3-5 years left before the gig is up. Clock's ticking.

I don't want to get into sophistry but the use of "friends" is overloaded and means something different to everybody. When I say friend I mean a guy you can hang out with every Friday and drink beers and talk about your week and watch sports/play video games. Nobody has 'lots' of these because you can only ever have time for 1-3. You may well have lots of "peers" and these are the guys who socially evaluate/judge you based on themselves. I'm saying you probably need more real friends/deep connections with people. Online relationships don't really cut it and feel empty in the end, because our monkey brains only feel like we're interacting with a computer.

Potentially I think this is the root of the issue since it seemed to jump out at you from my post.

After reading your text about lifestyle choices/ideology and thinking about it for a bit - try going to finance/small business meetups or try finding people who are into stoic philosophy (stoicism seems to be your worldview) or an Ayn Rand book club.

Gotta go to my wagie job now. GL user

A lot of people just exist in environments where it seems like the norm. If you're in debt with your salary to get a $15k car a lot of people who make 4 times as much would do just the same thing.

People expand their consumption based on their income, not based on utility.