QTDDTOT

How can I figure out how much calories I burned lifting weights?
I am a fat fuck and Scooby's TDEE calculator says I can eat up to 2100 calories a day and still lose weight. Would be possible to eat 1500 cal and still be ok and lose weight faster?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=bodyfat caliper&biw=1536&bih=755&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiygtimj4TQAhXM5oMKHRMmA4cQ_AUIBygC
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How is your back supposed to "feel" after doing a deadlift? My back feels achy and sore in a not-muscle-soreness kinda way that's off-putting. I've had friends watch my back to make sure I'm not curving it at all when I DL, Friends say my DL form is fine but this sensation has me worried.

if youre mostly sedentary throughout the day, eat at BMR and just use your lifting and the small amount of walking you do to cut. you can't know exactly how much you're really burning so just underestimate as a rule of thumb, especially if youre a fat fuck.

it'll feel sore just like any other muscle, specifically on your lower back extensors.

you're probably hyper-extending your back or just not flexing your abs. flex your abs to keep your spine supported so your muscles take the load.

your form is off somehow. experiment with lower weight til you find out why.

What's an easy way to measure body fat?

Those caliper things.google.com/search?q=bodyfat caliper&biw=1536&bih=755&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiygtimj4TQAhXM5oMKHRMmA4cQ_AUIBygC

If I feel light headed after a deadlift, am I doing it wrong?

any good female fitness/workout YT that arent completely '30 day squat challenge' normie?

I have trouble working out for longer than half an hour at a time. Will that change as I ascend out of skeletonhood, or are there steps I should take to correct it?

For reference, I do try to push myself and my breaks between sets are typically under a minute each. I just have shitty endurance.

What's your routine? My first thought is longer breaks.

What's the correct way to jump?

Is it more quad or hamstring orientated? And would increasing the power of the muscle allow you to jump higher?

5'10(178cm)
manlet
male

will eating at 1200 calories fuck my Metabolism up?
i REALLY need to lose weight, and according to Google, eating less than 1500 calories a day makes you not lose only fat, but muscle too.

i lift 3 times a week and skip rope every single day for about 30min

When I do OHP I lower the bar behind my neck, am I doing it wrong? Am I going to snap my shit up? Is full of shit?

so I returned to the gym after a year long layoff. It took me a fucking week before the brutal DOMS wore off. I want to return again this week, but I dont want to be sidelined a week again. What the fuck can I do to minimize it? Anything I can eat or take?

You're going to wreck your shoulders. Your shoulders weren't designed for that

No you already recieved your punishment for quitting. Go back to working out the doms will be less painful next time.

If you DON'T feel lightheaded from a deadlift you're doing it wrong.

Longer breaks for sure. Especially if you're doing heavy compounds.

Awesome, thanks.

The calipers plus there are some online estimators that ask for body measurements and some scales that display body fat. Since they are all somewhat inaccurate, taking averages of several methods, measured over time is the best way unless you want to get body scans etc.

Look up Jasmine Garcia fitness (name could be spelled differently) on YouTube.

Even 1500 is difficult, try it for a week and see how you do. You did not gain it all in a hurry, losing takes time too.

I can't atg squat anymore since I'm sure I have fai.

I'm doing quarter squats and then trap bar squats to make up for it. Is this enough for quads?

Also I feel like such a failure doing above parallel squats so that's why I do the trap bar ones.

Alright, thanks.

All right, my fellow memers, I have questions.

I've been doing SL 5x5 for a year now. I didn't have time to take it seriously with work so I didn't make much progress but now I'm back in school and am slowly but surely working my way up. Here are my problems:

1. Every time I add weight on the deadlift (meaning like when I get around 1.5pl8) I end up fucking up my back. Bad backs run in my family and I've asked several OW people at the gym to check my form and they all say it's fine and my back is straight, and yet I keep fucking my shit up. Should I ditch the DL entirely and replace is with back extensions?

2. I've added accessories. I know the dude says not to do that but shit, it's been working for me. I usually do 5 sets of pullups and ab exercises (50 v-ups, 50 crunch tucks (or whatever they're called) and 120 second plank). Basically I'm trying to hit arms and abs (pleb, I know) but i'm wondering if there's a more efficient way to do it. I also do about 20 mins of cardio so my workout takes me like 2+ hours when I start missing reps.

3. I'm getting kinda tired of SL. Are there any other 3x/week programs I should look into? Stats are as follows (for reps): Squat 175, Bench 165, Row 140, OHP 105, DL 185.

I'm 5'11, 155lbs (down from 195 a year ago). I'm slowly regaining about a pound a week through a slight caloric surplus (2600 kcal/day at the moment).

Thoughts?

Went camping for 3 days and didn't have my creatine. Can I just jump back on a maintenance dose or should I load on it for a couple of days?

Increase your core strength. And by core strength I don't mean meme tier ab workouts.
Do a correct plank instead. By that I mean, flex your entire core and ass as hard as you can when planking and do a couple sets of those. You will not be able to go 120 seconds I'll tell you that much.
Buy an ab wheel. Try and be able to do standing rollouts. And do hanging leg raises (or even lying down leg raises).
These are all better than what you do.

And post your dl here so we can judge. What could be going on is your hamstrings are so weak that your lower back is making up for it. If that's the case, then do rdl, bb hip thrusts, and bb glute bridges. Bb glute bridges in particular are my favorite because of how little chance of injury or setup required.
Also make sure you're engaging hams if you aren't during deads.

Also ss, or ppl if you're up for it.

Also also, if you're doing rows on deadlift day that could be the cause of your sore back. Cut that shit out for a while and do inverted rows or off the bench rows instead.

Thanks for the long answer. I'm doing rows and DL on different days. Don't have a video of me DLing unfortunately but I'll try to get one next time.

What are some good glute exercises? I'm a man btw

How much to deload?

Squats

Honestly from your stats your legs are weak. I'd say rows are a contributing factor in your back pain at the very least since I doubt you have the hammies and core to sustain form. Try doing inverted rows. They are fucking amazing with a huge rom.

Like I said, work on your hams with something less stressful on your lower back. Not to say stop doing deads, but you need your hams stronger anyway and you might as well start now. Or like you already pointed to you could do back extensions and add in bb glute bridges or bb hip thrusts. Once you feel confident you can go back to deads and see what happens.

Don't hurt your back just because you feel like you need to deadlift. Just make sure you're working those same muscles in a less dangerous way

loading is a meme. Just do 5g everyday for the rest of your life.

BB hip thrusts and BB glute bridges are the absolute top 2 ass workouts in that order. If you have no problem looking like a fag do those.

Lesser things are good mornings, dls, rdl, lowbar squats, and power cleans, and snatches.

If my main goal is aesthetics and I'm bulking, can I switch to a PPL routine after just a month of SS/SL?

>Lola
>not a bunny
I hate this artist!

If you're on SL I suggest you just add dips on A days and chinups on B days and do the full 3 months (this is actually recommended in the program). This gives enough training for your upper body to have a balanced physique.

SS is not very good for asthetics unless you heavily modify it. It's meant for handegg-players and powerlifters.

PPL is okay as well as long as you hit the gym 6 times a week but for a beginner that will be tough. (For optimal muscle growth you should train a musclegroup twice a week).

I moved from SL to a Push-Pull with 3-4 times a week. Do squats on push days and DLs on pull days. You can even add hammie curls and calf raises if you want good legs.

So SL -> PushPull

I do the dips and pull ups so that's fine. Thanks, I'm starting out on a cut and plan to do SL until I finish, I guess when I begin bulking I'll just do it until I stall?

Optimal for muscle growth is more like every two days (assuming a drug-free lifter). Its just not commonly used because its such a pain in the arse to train that way.

Made a record of what I eat in an average day (eating clean) and I only get like 78g of protein. My Fitness App says I should aim for 89 but other places seem to say 1g per lb. Either way, what's a good way to get the extra protein without many calories. As a beginner, is it worth investing in protein shakes?

How do I go from skelly mode to this? How much time will it take, realistically?

depends on height

181 cm
5'11"

i actually do not really know an estimate but i would guess at about 2-3 years. for a taller dude it would be like 5 if we are talking auschwitz mode

Dang, I really have to start now. Thanks user, wish me luck. If you know of a way to keep me motivated, let me know.

Don`t eat 1200kcal if you are a guy and tall. I started at 5ft and 80kg and dropped to 50kg by eating 1600kcal, cardio and lifting. If I ate less I might have dropped the weight faster but I would feel like shit and my skin would have sagged. Still trying to get fit right now.

Anyway a question: i have shitty mobility while doing squats especially ankle, hamstrings and hips, i do excersizes now so I can learn to do good squats. But my lower back hurts so much and I was also wondering how long it will take to see results? I just want to do a good squat without losing balance when I keep my heals to the ground.

Also, at 181cm / 5'11" I weight 64kg / 141lb. I'm sure that's something that's considered skelly mode but I'm not sure how bad. Probably pretty bad.

Forgive the mess and the sideways pic.

Got a handful of questions here.

>Will stomach vacuums weaken my core?

>What are the best exercises for lower trap development?

>Is mono saturated fat a sufficient fat in terms of a diet?

>Best way to develop calfs?

How fat are you? Unless you're straight up obese I'd suggest you take use of your mass and eat at maintenence. Getting muscle is a lot easier if you're fat, you can start cutting in february and still make it for summer.

Spooky skeleton trying to gain weight.
I've been eating a lot and drinking whey, but still make very little gains.
Would it be a good idea to buy a mass gainer? I physically can't eat that much food.

>no, the opposite. No exercise will weaken anything unless you're doing it wrong and you're damaging yourself
>traps are one muscle, you can't train a part of it. Shrugs and DLs are the bestones for massive traps
>IIFM
>uphill sprinting or consistently doing calf raises

There's actually three separate trap muscles. Most people just say traps when they mean upper traps - the other two do completely different things and are mostly invisible because they're largely underneath other back muscles.

im in the same position but i heard mass gainers are a scam. just make your own with dextrose or something.

Does only protein turn into muscle? If I start lifting and eat a lot of carbs, will I gain muscle weight or will I get fat without muscles?

Why would you do this anyway? Who told you that was the thing to do??

My thighs are pretty firm when I stand up, but when I sit down I feel like I'm obese since they just spread out beyond my hips.
What am I doing wrong?

actually, i would say that it is a bad approach to lifting if you want a time frame in you reach your goalbody.

just keep lifting yo, dont measure your progress to others and try to eat moar.

I used to lift up until a year ago when I was diagnosed with a gut condition that meant I was shitting blood and had to change when I ate, destroying my gains in the process.

Now I'm on medication and want to start lifting again, and I remember reading somewhere that if you've lifted before your body kind of remembers, so it doesn't take as long to get back to your previous peak level. Is this bullshit?

Yeah I just wanted to kind of know what sort of results to expect. Otherwise, I'll lose motivation if I don't see much progress being done. Knowing it takes a few years will at least help by letting me know that even if I don't see immediate change, consistency will get me there eventually. That much should be obvious but I guess I've always valued concrete numbers over pure speculation. Thanks.

One last thing, though, can you answer this for me? I've been trying to eat a lot but I find that carbs are the easiest to eat a large amount of, could that be why I don't retain much weight even when I eat a lot after working out? Thanks in advance, I might go to bed before you reply but I will read it later.

Muscle Memory is real. Lifted on and off for a decade. 6ft - Usually go from 77kg skinny fat to 72kg skinny to 95kg fat and back down to 87kg lean. It's simple. You are never more than a year away from your previous natty peak if you dirty bulk. Worst part is looking fat and waiting for your ligaments to strengthen again.

Anyone got a couch to 5k template?

I reckon I'll get a quicker answer from Veeky Forums for this than I will anywhere else.

Whole wheat pasta - does it keep (cooked) in the fridge for the same time as regular pasta?

I just got back from the hospital and long story short I can't exercise for 4 weeks. What should I do to minimise the damage?

pic unrelated

It always stays cooked it just may get stale before regular pasta as it contains more grain

What's more important to have an accurate measure of when calculating TDDE, height or weight?

To put it simply, I've got a decent, but likely over-estimation of my height, but my estimate of my weight is certainly a overestimation, possibly of magnitude up to 2 stone and because of these factors I'm worried about how far off my overall TDEE estimation will be.

Depends if you are cutting, maintaining or gaining but keep your diet healthy and maybe do some daily stretching and light movement if you can?

Weigh and measure yourself. No estimates. You need to accurately recalculate your TDEE every 5 pounds or so accuracy is important.

What's the fit approved TDEE calculator?

Is the program T25 Focus from Beachbody a good program to lose weigth and gain muscle ?

>What's the fit approved TDEE calculator?
The one in the sticky.

Look up reddit's push pull legs split and do that

>pic and filename related

I'm doing stronglifts except I deadlift on monday and friday because I fucking love deadlifts

my goal is to hit 1/2/3/4 and then start adding some bardybuilding shit into my powerlifitng routine, probably hepburn method or circadas ppl

is this a good idea

>my goal is to hit 1/2/3/4 and then start adding some bardybuilding shit into my powerlifitng routine, probably hepburn method or circadas ppl

This is my plan, but I already have 1/2/3/ just working on that 4 pl8 dead

>long arms

What's a good routine for ass?

getting your squat and deadlift up to 400 and 500lbs, respectively. your ass will no longer fit in most pants and shopping for new pants to wear is a big issue. I'm not sure who'd still want a bigger ass at that point.

My scale says I'm 14% bf and 42.5% muscle. Probably not that accurate but there you go. I want to hit 10% body fat and then lean bulk it from there back up to 15%. That seems the popular thing to do.. I don't want to spin my wheels at maintenance either

What are the ways to know you're

bf% numbers are notoriously inaccurate. go by what you see in the mirror.

Well if you're 160 lbs 5'10 you're not lean for sure
Try 130

No, they aren't. They are 1 muscle, with 3 primary fiber orientations. That does not mean they are three separate muscles.

>130
Damn
I'm pretty sure i'll be a skeleton by then
I'll get off another 10-15lbs then slow bulk - i'm already struggling with the diet atm

oh fuck me sideways I never considered that
all these months and I've never even considered this.

how do I check whether or not my arms are actually long in comparison to other (((((5'10))))) guys

Why do the Quaker rolled oats taste so different from the other brands, despite having more or less the same macros?

For example, shit like Aldi porridge oats with some milk tastes kinda like muesli, but Quaker rolled oats with milk tastes closer to cold porridge. Can anyone explain that?

guarana or caffein pills?

Just look at your lockout position. Is the bar almost touching your junk? You have pretty normal arms. Is it around mid thigh or below? Long arms.

Just btw. Neither is good or bad, it just means your numbers are different. Being bad at bench and good at deadlifting is a pretty good indicator of having long arms. The reverse is a good indicator for short arms. People with short arms who're into powerlifting should consider doing sumo deadlifts.

I would personally recommend going by the TDEE calculator. If it says your BMR is 2100 don't go below it. The most important thing is to make sustainable lifestyle changes. If you think you can eat at 1500 calories for the conceivable future, go nuts, just don't expect to be able to just starve yourself in the short term and make any significant changes.

I posted my numbers when complaining about weak points. I've been lifting for a year this week (autist me last year set a reminder). Should I be happy with progress?

>Front Squat: 130kg
>Front Box Squat (parallel): 165kg
>Back Squat: 170kg
>Box Squat (parallel): 205kg
>Box Squat (low): 175kg - failed 180kg today

>DL off rack at just below knee height: 265kg
>DL off 5" boxes: 220kg
>Convention DL off floor: 195kg
>Sumo DL: 180kg
>Deficit DL on 5" boxes: 170kg

>Bench: lol no

>92kg bodyweight

literally creatine

Why can't I do more push ups? I've been stuck at the same number for months now. What am I doing wrong?

Not eating enough, not sleeping enough, shitty programming for your pushup routine?

Do you guys take the supps that come in capsules (ZMA for example) with the capsule itself or do you just consume the contents

I meant to say pullups. I'm not really doing a routine just exercising all muscle groups in the gym. And I'm not even fat so there's really no excuse for me to do only 6 legit pullups. Are there any good supplementary exercises I should be doing?

Pullups are hard for most people to do. 6 is pretty decent to be fair. Most people can't do 1.

1. Get a proper routine. Just exercising all muscle groups is likely meaning you're wasting time in the gym, doing inefficient stuff. Not trying to be mean, just stating facts. A proper program will accelerate growth. You likely wouldn't have this issue if you were on a program.

2. Do pullups until you can't for that set. Finish the set with negatives (where you jump up to the 'top' position of the pullup, and lower yourself down slowly). I'd do 3 sets of 8 reps as a starting point. Over time, gradually work your way up to 3x8 proper pullups. Doing extra elbow-flexion exercises will help, as will doing extra back exercises.

I say 'elbow flexors' because biceps don't do much in pullups (if the hands are pronated, palms down, facing away from you) due to their biomechanics.

Which is the best alternative to back head press?

Figure out your tdee. Count calories.
Weigh yourself once a week.
If losing 1-2lbs a week. Keep calories the same. If staying the same weight. Decrease cals by 250-500 cals per day. Repeat until you are losing 1-2 lbs per week. Dont waste time tryingto figure out how much calories you burn from weightlifting. Its practically impossible to calculate it accurately. Just count your daily calories and weigh yourself. Tweak your caloric intake accordingly.

What are some good and simple stretching/yoga exercises to do on the rest days?

BCAAs
Stop being a pussy

Is training tkd at home on rest days a good form of cardio and way to spend time? Should I look into bcaas for fasted lifting also?