QTDDTOT

Hey Veeky Forums,

I asked this recently in a QTDDTOT. I had been having knee pain recently. This always happened when I perfomed anything like a squat manouver, be it sitting down, getting up or going/up or down stairs. I appreciate the advise given to me by you guys. I then thought to myself the following questions: when did I get knee pain? did I fall or trip recently? what has changed in my daily life. Then it hit me, I have been constantly dehydrated for the last few weeks, due to uni and other things. I started drinking 2litres of water again per day and suprise, suprise two days later my knee pain went away.

tl;dr
> drink more water guys! it's the liquid of life/gains (should have hit me earlier as I am biologist in making)

is reddit PPL too much volume on a cut? I have progressed linearly on my squat/dl but my bench/ohp is slowing down. I'm at about 800kcal caloric deficit

You will not make big gains on a cut, however there will be some gains none the less.

Hey guys.

The other day I fucked up my cut.
Big serving of pulled pork, baked beans, bread rolls, and the worst part, a big fat piece of cake.

I understand this is my fault, and I understand that I probably ate a surplus big enough to gain 1 - 1.5 pounds of fat.

My question is: why the fuck am I HORRENDOUSLY bloated? The scale shows a 5lb gain and I feel like a huge blob and looking in the mirror is PAINFUL. Its been 2 days, shouldn't the bloating have went down??

I get pain in the back of the knee when performing leg curls when I complete a rep like image on the right, anyone have an idea why?
I used to do them but never felt discomfort until now

Once i'm able to squat 100kg for 3x5 (hopefully by the end of the year) will 80kg seem lighter to me? I currently do 80 for my working sets and it feels really heavy, but once I'm able to do 100, will 80 feel light, guaranteed? I know it's a dumb question but I just want reassurance from people who've been there. I know that when I couldn't squat 60 for reps it felt heavy as fuck, and once I could squat 80, 60 felt like nothing, so by that same token, 100 will feel light too, correct? Thanks.

3500 calories over maintenance is a pound, so you probably just ate about 20,000 calories of pork

my heaviest was 190lbs, never a big fat guy but chubby. fast food was my weakness and I'd spend $15 at Wendys or Taco Bell almost every night

I started this cut in July and made it like 3 days before caving into fast food. since then, I've still ate fast food practically every day, but at a deficit. almost every night I either get 2 double cheeseburgers (one without bread) for about 650 cals, or a crunchwrap supreme and taco for 650 cals, etc.

I still count my cals and end up below maintenance, but I feel like I'm cheating by eating fast food cheeseburgers every day to lose weight. I'm making the progress I want, but it just seems wrong. anyone else ever cut eating fast food?

Tricep tendon pain during negative of ohp. What do?

Also how can i assess mobility for uper body? I only stretch and foam roll lower body

>Start aquatting 5x5 at 60 kg
>go up to 80
>seems hard and makes me sweat after first set
>start feeling squats in my lower back
>goes up to 97.5 kg
>my lower back hurts a lot, so stop squatting for few workouts
>deload to 80 kg
>holy shit LIGHTWEIGHT BABY

So yeah, it actually feels amazingly good to go back to weight you thought was huge back in the days, and realize it isn't. I also started using belt when squatting my baby weights and it helped with hurting back. I squatted 92.5 today, and I hope to do lmao2pl8 next week at last.

Alright that's good to hear, thanks for the reply man, good luck with your goals!

What are your personal experiences with lifting and how it has helped (or not) improve your mood and overall emotional wellbeing?

i want to have nice wide back
do i have potential ?
webm related

lifting for month only

also TRAPS
on top of deadlift that is in my routine
im doing barbell and kettlebell shrugs

now question, should you overpower them with weight or murder them with volume?

when i put a lot of weight i feel like im getting decent workout but last few reps range of motion is terrible, meanwhile low weight i can do 30 reps and i dont feel like i hit them at all

hard to find middle ground

For upper body mid-range of reps tends to do more for hypertrophy, than "muh strength training". By mid range I mean 8 reps.

basing on your back though, I think you should follow beginner routine like SS/SL and do it for next few months. You need to get strength gains, to increase your training capacity.

fuck off, stop trying to derail a perfectly good, informative thread

MORE SCOOPS, SCARY SPOOKER

More scoops, scary spooker

How much do you guys think the average bozo/jabroni off the street could squat? Lbs plz. And NO BULLY.

yeah im doing 3x5
squat
bench
diddly
dips

squat
ohp
pendlay
chinups

seeing decent gains or at least illusion of them

Since you're so early on in your training, I would advise you to set your mind on strength goals instead of physical changes, trust me on this one.

well, im trying to improve my numbers every workout so theres that

lagging slightly on bench and OHP when compared to diddly which is sitting on 130kg atm

It will come with time.
Im just too hot headed

A 130kg squat at your level of training is pretty impressive, just keep it up.

should the lower back be completely straight when diddlylifting or is it fine/normal to have a tiny bit of curvature?

asking this since I've been telling my gf to spot me and she tells me once I start pulling it goes from perfectly straight to a bit of curvature

diddly* for 2 reps is 130kg, next workout will probably get 5 reps in

my squat is 85kg for 5 reps atm, trying to nail down the technique / form and find my ideal stance width.

i seem to do much better without feet too much outwards and not too wide

yeah I meant to say deadlift lol, still good lad

Am I wasting my money having a scoop of whey only after lifting as a reward?

What are some good, quick to make bulking meals that won't make me shit myself in school?
Also,is 2g of protein per kg of bodyweight enough?

How do you guys feel about pre-exhausting before hitting your big movers? like hitting my quads and hammies to fill them with blood before squatting. Are there any benefits or drawbacks from this?

Is sugar fine on a cut so long as ur in a deficit? Just ate two small packs of candy sticks.

What's the optimal weight and bf% for 5'8" manlet if I wanna be bara/bear mode. Actual bear/bara mode that's built, not fatty with lots of hair

Why are you doing leg curls? They are bad for your knees. So, I'd say the problem is that you're doing leg curls.

Take time off from OHP and do the opposite movement (pull ups/ chin ups). Message the elbow area at least 3 times a day. Give it at least 2 weeks.

How do I mix whey and milk

I like to eat a custom tuna salad. What you need is

>100g of rice
>a can of tuna
>a can of corn
>hard, not sweet cheese
>last solid ingredient is cucumber pickled in salty water. Hard to encounter in western Europe, dunno about 'murrica. If your city has Polish shop, or anything similar - look there. Otherwise you can use regular pickles. personally, I don't like the taste of vinegar in this recipe
>vegetable oil, preferably canola, but any good oil will work. Olive oil isn't recommended, but that's my taste speaking.
>salt and pepper

It's fucking easy and fast to prepare, and fucking delicious. I could eat it in tons.
Cook the rice. Make it puffy, not sticky and overcooked. Meanwhile dice the 'pickles' and cheese (I ask the lady to cut my cheese in thicc 0,7cm slices, so I have less work to do when dicing) You want approximately the same volume ratio of pickles:cheese:corn but can adjust to your liking. Add tuna. When the rice is done, let it rest until it's not hot, then add it, and mix everything. Add oil to make it nicely coated. Again - try with different oil ratios. Add salt and shitloads of pepper. Stir and let it rest in fridge for as long as you wish, or eat right away. I like it with white bread (degenerate) but since it already contains rice, it can be eaten solo. Enjoy.

I'm taking vitamin D (D3). When is the best time to take it? Right before I go to sleep, before meal, after meal, or some other time?

I heard that if you take it before bed your body doesn't absorb it.

I fucked up my knees on the bike, I'm pretty sure it's the it bands since there's clicking wherever I bend the joint. Wat do?

Is there anyway to filter out sugar from chocolate milk? My local supermarket is selling 1% fat chocolate for 1$ per liter so it would make for some very cheap protein if not for the excessive sugar and chocolate.

Using home methods? Nah. You're better just getting real proton shakes.

Ouch, are you on female hrt?

If not better invest some mad time into that chest, being this twink with gyno is not stellar

I walk on my toes, it makes me look like a springy faggit and affects my leg gainz how to into walk normal mode?

wear high heels, your basically doing that now anyway

Fuck off i need serious suggestions

;_;
but i was srs user,
famous manlets do that all the time!

I just ate a piece of candy
How much do I have left?

What's some good lifting shoes?

Need Dat heel

I havent been to the gym in 4 days. Its been non stop 12 hr days then school and homework. How much damage have I done?

Did not mean to quote that post

I did SS for 2 or so months, then got injured from something else, so I was forced to take a month off.

Now I've regained most of my previous lifts, and am working on bulking up. Is there anything else I should be doing? I want to be at the gym more/more time-under-tension, because I feel as if an hour workout isn't enough to gain muscle while bulking.

Any advice?

When i lift a weight i get a weird sensation in my right arm

Its been like that since i first lifted 15 years ago, then i stopped; now that im lifting again i feel it still

>right arm
on the inside of the elbow joint i feel a gross squishy pop as i lift a weight up; like a heavy fast raindrop fell on the muscle in there. Its everytime i do a rep, and the more i do it the more intense it gets. Hurts, but its more icky than anything. Finger tips get a sparkling feeling after it sometimes and some pops are real intense where my hand shakes after

>left arm
totally normal. In contrast, it feels real comfy to lift and actually good.

Im thinking its a nerve going between muscles or even right thru them.. anyone else get this? should i just lift in an angle that avoids that feeling even if it affects what part of the muscle is working out? could it cause damage?

Add accessories. Rippetoe recommends chin-ups. You could also add some arms and shoulder accessories. Also start doing core exercises. Working your core increases your stability in squats so you can do more weight.

I have a pretty obvious imbalance in my traps. My left, dominant-handed trap is significantly larger than my right one. I'm not really doing any trap exercises because I've just started lifting, but I'm considering doing some to correct this. Once I start doing trap exercises, they should even out naturally, right?

You can, but you aren't doing yourself any favors in terms of micronutrients. Find a way to stop it before you have to bulk.

100lb for a lean guy, up to 2pl8 for a thicker dad.

1.6g/kg is the most that will make a difference. Any more will just go towards turning your asshole into a nerve gas nozzle.

I've been doing Greyskull for about 4 months now
Would it be a good idea to switch to ICF?

I work a job with odd hours. I essentially have 3 1.5 hour breaks. I can make it to the gym in 10 minutes, so I have about a solid hour to exercise before I have to go back.

My question is, would a continuous lifting schedule boost my test?

Like if I lifted from 10-11, then again from 2-3, and then again from 6-7. Would that be more beneficial than me waiting until my shift is over and lift in one solid go at night?

Why the fuck are you lifting that long? You get stronger from rest and high intensity, not enormous volume all day every day. Lifting hard for that long will actually mostly raise your stress hormones, hurting gains.

Do I lose absorption mixing my whey protein with milk instead of water?

Alright, what if I did 3 30 minute exercises? Or if I just took 2 minute break in between sets for the heavy days?

I'm looking for shit to do on my break. I guess I could read another book.

Asked a friend who works out for some pointers. This is what he gave me. How much of what he's saying is true?

You're adding whey on top of whey, how would that affect absorption?

Happened to me, but opposite, right hand dominate. I just do a few extra shrugs with my left side and I can see them evening.

How often should leg day be? How many days a week?

Just how long have you been lifting?

Cardio kills gains is actually a meme; cardio eats your caloric surplus, which kills gains. Also, he's describing HIIT, which is really great, but still eats your caloric surplus. The diet advice is a little autistic.

Mostly accurate. If youre a beginner dont waste your time getting caught up in refined/unrefined carbs. Get a work out plan and hit your macros--once you get into it you can do that other shit.

Don't do a split as a beginner.

Not very. A little more than 6 months. Just looking for something to do and my gym is 10 minutes away from work. I have 4.5 hours of down time and I want to use some of it on my body.

Alright. Now what's a "split"?

I've had some stomach pain/gas/diarrhea on and off since Friday night. I thought I was good but just had a "need to shit really soon" moment. My poop is pretty solid though. Should I pick up some Pepto bismol or something and when do I go to the doctor to check for parasites or some shit?

The opposite of full body. There's a reason SS is constantly shouted at you reddit-tier noobs. Read the whole book, actually; you can find the PDF for free easily.

Is this a decent DB plan? I lost 50lbs over the last few months but want another 30. going to be heading to uni soon and there isn't a gym near by. have adjustable DBs up to 50lbs

The quality of body isn't really proportional to quantity of time put in, but rather the quality of time put in. Try this out
>Before work
East fucking breakfast, don't lift before breakfast.
>1st break
Do a one hour workout, heavy compounds only, get the most out of your hour.
>2nd break
Sit down and enjoy your lunch, learn to savor your food, make an even out of it. You have plenty of time for prep, so you could do a nice lunch.
>3rd break
Stretch well, read a book, relax.
This will make the most of your downtime. Also, Veeky Forums should be easily accessible for some laffs.

Good advice. Thank you. Put the extra time into nutrition rather than working out.

Update

Shit no longer solid. This may be the shit that purges whatever was bad up there though.

>leg day

Can I get by on just calf raises and squats?
What do some of you guys do?

And rest+relaxation. Anything you can do to minimize stress will contribute to gains.

Oh, yeah, that happens. You're butthole will burn, but you'll feel so good in a couple hours.

If you don't want to put in stupid amounts of time, why not just do ss?

Everyone on here says do PPLx2

But what's a good PPLx2 to do?

Yes

Because ss is
>Squats
>OHP
>Dead lift
>Bench

And to the beat of my knowledge only one of those is working legs.
So...are you saying I'll be good with just squats?

I've been taking whey isolate + creatine for 2 or 3 weeks now in addition to eating a shit more for my bulk. I'm now super constipated. I take probiotics, fish oil and a multivitamin in the morning with my black coffee and still--constipated. I get a decent amount of fiber in my diet.

Anyone have tips for reducing constipation? I'm having 1-2 poops per day, but they're hard balls, not soft smooth logs like they should (and used to) be.

This 100x. I remember going for 100kg 3x5 after linear progression and just unracking it felt bloody difficult

A few sessions later and I ground out 100kg 3x4, had an injury, haven't got back to it but everything except perhaps 90, 95 isn't anywhere near as taxing. It's just getting used to the load on your back

I just ate 4000 calories for my 3rd consecutive day in a row, I feel like shit now. Should I just scrap it and stop thinking about it.

How do you pronounce DYEL?

dial?
dee-yell?
deel?

You don't. If you're using Veeky Forums memes in real life you're never going to make it

anything you would add?

How the hell are you deadlifting without using your legs?

...i-i thought it was a back exercise?

Are ab wheels a meme? Like what's the benefit over sit ups exactly?

It's a compound lift, mon frere, it works your back, your glutes, your hamstrings, and to a lesser extent your quads

No spinal flexion. More loadable.

Noob fatass here (just hit one month of no days where I ate at more than a 600-700 calorie deficit). I know that eventually weightloss becomes non-linear, so going just off of me continuously eating at that 600-700+ calorie per day deficit, when can I expect that trail off to happen?

No expert but I believe its basically:

Routine lifting weight- you should always have a straight back or the weights too heavy.

Going for PR- You should have a straight back but a litte curve is understandable.

But as a general rule, assuming you're not a powerlifter, always keep a straight back. No reason to fuck your shit up just to pick up some weight.

Practice walking heel to toe? I don't know man, seems like you just need to pay attention to how you walk. Maybe wear flat shoes so that it's noticeable if you start walking on your toes to keep yourself in check

Are weighted dips directly transferable to decline bench?

Ie if I'm doing 90 pounds for 10 at 190 would I be in the ballpark of 280 for decline bench if I switched?

While stirring, pour powder into milk in small increments to prevent clumping. Same general idea as making biscuits and gravy