What are some tips for making sleep gains?

What are some tips for making sleep gains?

Bedtime ritual m8. Some nice chamomile tea or a shower.

Try to unwind for a while before sleep. No heavy meals or lifting too close to bed time. Read a book. Avoid screens. Get used to going to bed at same time.

How long does this bedtime ritual need to be? 30 minutes? I've heard of what you're talking about before

I'll give that a try, I just need to figure something out. I would love to get a consistent 9 hours a sleep a night atleast but I just can't get it down.

Bump. Dear God help me.

CAFFEINE AND HEAVY DEATH BLACK NEURO INDUSTRIAL MELODIC EROTIC SATANIC GRUESOME METAL while playing FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS
What worked for me was to wake up very early at 3AM with ~4 hours of sleep for a few days and then I would get very tired at about 9PM, just in time for sleep.

Also, look at these two pages on wikipedia:
Circadian rhythm
Rapid eye movement sleep

Finally, google the website sleepytimer.

That sounds terrible.

9 hours a day? Do you even need that much? 7-8 hours of sleep is usually enough for most people.

7 mininum, 9 max. Inbetween and you will wake up feeling like shit. Src: REM cycles

So 8 hours should be my goal then. I just need to find out how to get myself to fall asleep. Once I'm out I'm good. That's where I struggle. Always have since I was young.

Around thirty minutes yeah, I like to lay in my bed while sipping the tea for max comfy.

Use sleepyti.me.
>>sleepyti.me works by counting backwards in sleep cycles. Waking up in the middle of a sleep cycle leaves you feeling tired and groggy, but waking up in between cycles wakes you up feeling refreshed and alert!

Have a simple ritual like washing your face and brushing your teeth before going to bed. Disable all light sources prior going to sleep. Have a strict schedule. Make sure that your bed and room temperature is comfy.

not op but good suggestions m8

heavy lifting/cardio
shower before eating dinner
melatonin

> optional:
cry yourself to sleep
dependence on alcohol or xanax/valium

7 hours is IN NO WAY enough if you lift heavy. should aim for at leats 9, 8 is doable if you can't sleep more.

I had to get medication. Had insomnia all childhood and teenage years

Source?

actually lifting instead of sitting on a computer reading blogs by other dyels

Interested in the Examine.com sleep stack guide? They emailed it to me for free a while back.

Yes yes yes please sir. Could you post it?

Dude sleepy.ti looks fuckin godly. I'm trying it tonight.

Im not that user but tldr is:
Magnesium. Additionally melatonin and lavender (oil or aromatherapy) can help. Magnesium is the main supplement for sleep.

ZMA before bed brah

Doesn't lavender give you gyno?

Never heard about it. Id not bother with it, just take magnesium. I prefer "doctors best" one. Sometimes when i need to fall asleep fast and have weird dreams i take 1mg of melatonin.

Just go to bed with no lights or distracting noise and close your eyes. Try not to think. Even if you don't fall asleep right away you're still getting some rest. Also, set the temperature as close to 64 degrees as you can afford and have a fan blowing on you, it's easier to sleep if you're bundled up in a cold temperature.

Nice night time tea, maybe take some melatonin about an hour before you plan to sleep. And most importantly don't be watching tv, using your phone or computer for at least an hour before bed. Get off Veeky Forums at night time.

>Sleep With Me Podcast
Just trust me on this. Give it a couple tries.

Generally quitting booze and smoking also helped a lot.