Social anxiety

>social anxiety
>first time at gym
>wake up 5am go in for 6am to avoid people
>gym is packed anyway
>feel everyone's eyes on me as I awkwardly walk around trying to find exercises to do
>finally find the squat/deadlift racks
>first time lifting, start getting pumped
>can't lift for shit, deadlift 20kg (couldn't go higher without breaking form) squat 20kg
>fuck it at least I made it through the doors
>start feeling really comfortable not worrying about people looking at me
>get to bench-presses I've been avoiding
>3x5 of 10kg
>literally reach my limit at 15th rep and random personal trainer (a girl) has to help me get it back on rack

FUCKING KILL ME. Another personal trainer approached me when I was leaving and got me to organise two meetings to get me started, desu it's a good idea.

have a shitty reaction gif

You accomplished more than a lot of people do, most people don't even make it through the door.

Gotta start somewhere Bro. I mean.. Oh could of at least done push-ups and stuff at home first. Basic stuff. But the pt is clearly a good idea. Don't give up.

I started with the bar on every lift

You're braver than me bud. I did calistenics at home untill I was sure no one would laugh at me in the gym. Just going in raw takes balls

keep at it bro, you got this

>>get to bench-presses I've been avoiding
x5 of 10kg
>10kg
>bench presses

Did you grab one of those fixed curl barbells for chicks or did you tie helium baloons to your barbell?

my nigga, you broke the first wall in your way
keep it up
you'll get used to your routine and it'lll eventually become the most important thing in the gym

Probably 10kg + Barbell

>Want to avoid people
>Go to the gym when all the normies are trying to fit in their workout before work

>mfw all these supportive comments.

Honestly OP, I couldn't bench the bar when I started lifted 3 years ago. Keep at it and you'll make it.

If you are really trying to avoid people then you need to go at 9-10pm or 3-4am.
I try to avoid peak hours, but I don't care if other people are there. Most important thing is to keep going and don't give up.

Why are you even complaining? I was able to do bench presses after I've gone to the gym for around 7-8 months, and I started with an empty bar

Keep it up man, they might be laughing but its not malicious. Take a note and look back on this when your benching 2pl8, you'll chuckle to.

>>feel everyone's eyes on me
i still feel this way and i've been going for almost 4 months now

You count the bar.
You DL'ed and squatted 40 kg and benched 30 kg.

pic related

OP, you are literally me 3 months ago, I also avoided bench because I could barely rep the bar, but I kept going, don't you fucking dare give up

1. nobody cares about your exercises
2. you're not just DYEL in the gym, you're DYEL anywhere. if people were to judge they would already be doing it. in the gym you're at least trying to improve
3. nothing embarassing or even newbie-like about having someone spot your bench
4. count the bar
5. don't do sets of 15 cmon man that weight is way too light for you
also it's probably a good idea to see the PT, just run through the good exercises etc. tell him right off the bat that you'd like to learn free weight exercises though or he'll hook you up with the machines since those are easier (and much less effective) for normies

OP youre doing Gods work by improving yourself. Legit i was like you when i started, now i can do a fuck ton of thing and so will you. One thing tho, make sure your PT isnt fucking you into pointless machines. Gotta use those free weights for gains! KEEP AT IT SENPAI YOULL MAKE IT

Kek i dod bodyweight for a month before gym so OP you brave

Anyway bodyweight is fucking retarded and inefficient unless youre super super dyel

You just have to make sure that no person around you is looking at you. ALL the time. Makes you feel more confident which has worked for me
You'll make it user

>4. count the bar

My actual face when

grats man you're gonna be huge, love you