Accutane/acne thread

accutane/acne thread

I'm seriously on the fence about taking accutane. My skin is bad, horrible, and I know that the only fix is accutane. But I'm really scared of the side effects. I'm prone to depressions, and I hear that accutane can sometimes cause depression.

Any experiences?

vegan diet will cure acne evertime

dubs dont lie

>Side effects of accutane

I've been taking accutane for months and didn't notice a single side effect.

Then again I only took a low dosage for a long time, 10mg a day.

>depression

I've tried to look into this and can't come up any reason why it would, it's not a psychoactive drug what the hell.

Go for it, you'll most likely only get dry skin and that's about it. You'll have blood taken to check for liver values, avoid binge drinking while on accutane.

I've done four accutane regimens so far and have had basically zero side-effects. Dry skin in the beginning and easier to tan, and that's it.

Can I ask why you've done four?

Also, will it affect any of my gainz? Can I keep bulking/working out as hard, or will it somehow limit me?

Only side effects I had were dry as fuck skin, couple of nosebleeds and my hair started fallling out, but it went back to normal after it. If i took it over the summer the dry skin probably wouldn't have been that bad either.

so basically accutane is chemo

Once you arent a retarded amerixan and get 120mg a day you will be fine, 10mg a day will work just as well without a fraction of the side effects

Depression/mental sides have never been proven, it's a classic causation/correlation error. People on accutane are typically more depressed than people who aren't, because of image issues around acne. Like the other user said, it's not psychoactive. Pretty much the only side you'll notice is dry lips and skin.

On what is the dose depending? I imagine a treatment with 10mg a day will take longer than a 120mg one?

Its more about the time you spend on the drug rather than dosage

used it, helped a fucking lot

face was alright but my back looked horrible

the only side effects I had were:

dry skin, I started in summer and I looked like a fire victim in the first two months

dry eyes (no more contact lenses)

and it was worse the first month

I still recommend this shit to anyone I know with acne problems, so give it a try. Also, since it's winter you'll have less problems with dry skin.

Yeah, because I'm sure they didn't have control groups of other people with acne who didn't take accutane...
Jeez, guys, stop being so ignorant about experimental science.

Used accutane for 6 months in 2016. 20 mg a day for the first two months, then dropped down to 3 pills a week for the rest of the treatment.

My libido is totally shot. I know people are gonna think i'm crazy, but it switched off something. I took it together with Propecia, 1mg. don't know if there is any kind of synergy effect from this, I have no idea.

Just inform yourself and if you are going to do it, take 10 mg a day.

If I could do it all again I would drop Whey, milk, all dairy first. see if cleaning up your diet resolves.

If I saved your libido, i'm happy

I had it when I was in highschool, and it was the best decision of my life.
The side effects are pretty damn harsh. Your lips will be completely burnt during the treatment, your face will be white as milk and sore, my hands were burnt too and if I recall correctly you shouldnt exercise much during the months you are taking the treatment.
It was basically used as a treatment against cancer so its expected to be aggresive.
Even though I have depression currently its not related to the treatment.
In my opinion you should take it if your case of acne is really bad for sure, wont regret it when its over.

Show me a double-blind, placebo controlled study in which a group taking accutane had significantly more instances of depression and suicide than the control.

Plus, think about it logically. Who do you think is more likely to be depressed: someone with clear skin or someone with severe acne?

It wasn't anything crazy though. If I brushed through my hair there was always one ore two hairs on my hand and that's all. It wasn't noticable at all.

Then why weren't they depressed before taking it. If anything they should fell better if start seeing the results. That being said I didn't experience any depression while taking it.

nope

some people have a genetic predisposition that they can do nothing about. yeah maybe that worked for you, and that's why you think it works for everyone. same goes for advice like take cold showers, put a towel on your pillow at night etc. it's all personal and its all conjecture.

the only actual, agreed upon cure is accutane. the rest is either ineffectual antibios or home remedies.

accutane cleared my (serious) acne in a month when everything else failed, so if OP is certain that he needs it he should do it, if he decides its worth it. obviously if you do GOMAD and get spots then go on accutane, that would be retarded, you should stop drinking the milk.

>you shouldnt exercise much
thats pretty much the only thing that keeps me going

>Show me a double-blind, placebo controlled study in which a group taking accutane had significantly more instances of depression and suicide than the control.
You can find that yourself, drug testings are public.

>Plus, think about it logically. Who do you think is more likely to be depressed: someone with clear skin or someone with severe acne?
First, I don't think the difference in depression score between normal population (not population with clear skin only) and people with severe acne undergoing treatment for it would be significant. Second, I didn't say this was a unbelievable hypothesis, just that it's obvious there has been control groups because it's fucking required of most countries by international law for drugs testing.

>Propecia
I think that might have shot your dick.

Well OP here, if anything, I've decided to visit a dermatologist and discuss it with him. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

if i eat cocoa i get acne, will vegan diet cure that?

this is an over a year old photo but my skin is in a similar condition. 19yr now . do you guys think I should go for accutane or wait some more time?

i've been using all sorts of stuff from my derm, haven't drank virtually any milk in a few years, don't touch my face apart from popping pimples (if I wouldn't they'd be on my face for a month)

it's driving me nuts, i don't even talk to girls because i feel to self conscious

>obviously if you do GOMAD and get spots then go on accutane, that would be retarded, you should stop drinking the milk.
What if you want to continue drinking milk? milk + chocolate whey protein + oats is a quick delicious and filling source of proteins + carbs.

Accutane is the shit. 10-20mg a day makes my acne disappear and with no side effects except maybe dry lips. I had horribly oily skin with bad breakouts on my face and tons of cystic acne on my back. Taking accutane destroyed it. Being 26 with such awful skin absolutely destroyed my self esteem and I'd rather be dead than go back to pre-accutane.

get on accutane. dont waste your twenties with acne. i been on accutane twice and it clears our skin up after 2months. I only did 3 and 4 month course of 10mg a day and both times left me with clear skin. id recommend 6months of 10-20mg day to stop it from comin back

if you guys need a source I know 2 legit accutanes sites and they are cheap as fk

I'm on almost seventh months on that shit and I still have mild severe acne. Sure it cleared a lot but really? I take 40mg everyday and I have it on my arms, a bit on my upper chest and upper back. What to do Veeky Forums? If accurate doesn't clean my skin i don't know what I will do, may as well kill myself.

im in the same boat bro.

>23
>on 80mg for 4 months now
>still very severe acne
>every time i go to the doctor they say "it will really start to improve in the next month or so"
>it never gets better......

I went on it last year.
Totally, totally worth it. Don't get me wrong, it's not fun. You'll get dry skin and your energy will be zapped, but I'll be damned if the results aren't amazing.
I was seriously always conscious that my acne was the thing holding me back, and since I cleared it up, so much good shit has happened. For example, I was at FreakFest in Madison last weekend, and some random girl literally just walked up to me and said "can I kiss you?" And that was when I was sober. There's no way that would have happened if I had acne like I did.
To be real, just do it. It's a transformational thing. Last year when I went on it, I basically just went into complete reconstructive mode. I buzzed my hair and grew it out so it'd be more even when I got it cut, I got into a good routine of working out, I was basically a phoenix burning up so I could rise from the ashes.
Basically, do it. It's super worth it.

Accutane will definitely help, but you have to be conscious of stuff that triggers it. For example, I went on it, but I still kept to a good skincare routine, and still to this day don't drink milk or eat yogurt because it breaks me out. Getting clear will happen, you just need to help yourself out.

use different towel to your fucking face, thats all. But yeah using same one to balls and face is easier.

Does anyone know if accutane can cause balding later in life? I took it when i was 16, and im noticing my temples are starting to recede at 30. All the men on both sides of my family have full heads of hair.

It was a singular instance of one guy who had already been diagnosed with depression shot himself in the head back in 2007, stigma attached but no other suicides have occurred.

I started my accutane treatment about a year after that occurred and they had to disclose it.

Do it, it kept me from killing myself a few years back. People claim that it can give you irritable bowel syndrome and other shit, but it just makes the symptoms worse, so people that had it but didn't realize it think that Accutane fucked up their organs.

I'm on my 5th month of accutane and I've been taking 40mg 2x a day. My skin is dry as fuck but I carry carmex and use lotion every 2 hrs and it's fine. The confidence gains I've had are fucking insane though. I went from terrible acne all the time to a perfectly clear face. Seriously. Do it. The confidence gains outweigh any depression imo. My family and I have a history of depression but I've felt no increase in depression since starting. My life has all around improved since I've started

I was depressed and suicidal before Accutane. I had shit skin in high school whose not going to have self image and depression during those times with severe acne on top.

Did it for 3 months and basically cleared me up. My only regret is not starting it sooner as I'm now left with scarring as a permanent reminder.

Do it and don't look back. I owe my confidence to doing a course. It fucking works.

thanks guys, I have an appointment in a month

i initially didn't want to do it since my family just says ''it's not that bad'' but they have no clue what's it's like to wake up and see two new red swelling bumps on their face

My fantasy is to fuck one super cute woman but with tons of acne, like in OP's pic, then cover her face with cum.

for me personally it totally killed my energy levels. It felt like I was sick all of the time

Do it. Your skin will be dry as fuck and not drinking is shitty i guess but any of the stuff you experience will be 100% worth it after. I had horrible acne in highschool and after taking it and doing laser my skin is 99% clear with no scarring. I still get the occasional pimple but it's a crazy improvement from what I had.

I used it for like 6 months and it was the only thing that actualy helped me with my acne . Only side effect was dry lips nothing else

cracked lips, no alcohol, dry skin, reddish (blushed) face
worth it though 100%

Haven't tried accutane yet, I'm taking Adapalene and Benzoyl Peroxide and it helps quite a bit. I'll still get an occasional outbreak though and I'm still an oily mess.

A better but more expensive option is clindamycin phosphate + tretinoin. Removes redness, clears the face and keeps it that way and your skin doesn't become a dry wasteland that needs constant moisturizing.

>tfw acne for 8 years now
>parents keep telling me just wait it out, just b urself XD
>wish I had ignored them sooner

I just stopped eating all junk food and my acne stopped. now I just have scars though

yep 5mg a day while on cycle and only sides are slightly dry lips

It's a pain in the ass because they make you swear to not have sex (yeah rub it in assholes) and you have to get blood taken once a month along with some other shit I don't remember. I took it for six months in high school for cystic acne and because nothing else I tried worked, by the end of 6 months it was completely gone. If I wasn't so pale you wouldn't even be able to see the scars. I was already depressed before and after and it didn't contribute in any way so if you're worried about that there's no problem. It made my lips dry as hell too, but all in all it wasn't bad besides the blood tests and in 7 years I've never noticed anything negative that came about due to taking it.

when i was 18 i had less acne than this and i ordered some from india and took 20mg a day for 6 months, best decision of my life desu, clean is always clear no matter what shit i eat

>one or two hairs
>"my hair started falling out"
fucking retard

>It's a pain in the ass because they make you swear to not have sex
What :D No they don't
t. acne completely gone after accutane

>blood taken once a month
I only had my blood taken before, in the middle and after

Would recommend to OP. Only had dry lips and maybe some muscle soreness (could have just been regular doms because I went to the gym often)

Accutane is used to treat neuroblastoma.

It literally is chemotherapy

I'm currently on my second course, on month 5, 30mg a day.
My libido has gone down the drain this past month, I don't even get morning wood anymore. Good thing am a 23yo no gf virgin r-right. Did any of you guys suffer from this? I'm only doing 6 months this time, so hopefully once I finish this course my dick will work properly and my sex drive will come back.

My situation is not nearly as bad as you guys, but I have these red blemishes on the side of my nose. I look like Rudolf on some pictures and I fucking hate it. I've used benzoyl peroxide, face washes and made sure to not to pick at it, but the problem still persists. Any experiences and ideas on how to reduce this?

This is literally me right now. Sucks but it's worth it.

My sister has this, and I sometimes do. Moisturize more, and if that doesn't work and you are really butthurt about it, just use some makeup. Around the edge of the nose no one will ever notice.

benzoyl peroxide won't help with this, you should get something with salicylic acid and apply it two times a day after washing your face.

t. someone who has experience with all kinds of acne and blemishes

Tard, you think only psychoactive drugs can have a depression side effect ?

I took it around three years ago. 6 months, blood test at dermatologist every 3 weeks. I had lots of general acne, with more severe cystic acne in jaw area and shoulders.
I was already severely depressed so I don't know about that, but I got some other side effects.
>dry hair leading to breakage and fallout
>dry as fuck skin, lips, eyes, dick, ass, you name it
>stinging like hell
All of it is gone now. Nothing permanent from what I can tell. Hair regrows, and if you've got short hair it wouldn't even be noticable.
Just keep slathering vaseline on your skin while you're on it, and you should be fine. Also don't wash your hair with shampoo. Your skin won't release oils like before, so your hair won't become oily at all. Just really dry. Wash with conditioner maybe once a week tops.

Also, stay out of the sun. Wear SPF if you need to go out, cover up. Your skin will be very easily burned, and I got headaches from the photosensitivity as well.

Skin is like soft pale porcelain now though. I don't regret it, the results were incredible. But I have to admit that before I was scared shitless with everything you read online.
Skin is like smooth pale porcelain now.

Will this afterwards go away if I do this every day?

have you asked your dermatologist about that?

Accutane fucked my body up when I was a kid.

I'm surprised its not illegal now, I remember there were lawyer ads about suing the makers years ago

I never noticed an increase in depression when i was on it. Living the next 5-10 years with a pizza face during the prime of your life is a lot more depressing anyway.

5mg, 10mg?
I did a monthly cycle of 80 mg a day for over 6 months same side effects, plus depression and severe muscle fatigue.
Did you guys get healed at all?

i had really light acne, just a few spots here and there so i didn't need to nuke it with high dosages, worked like a charm

I did it when in high school. It sucks for a little bit (couple weeks to a month) but then it gets a whole lot better. I didn't have any depression while on it that I remember. Would do again if needed.

do it now. its really helpful. I did it and couldn't be more happy with the results

Accutane gave me skitzophrenia.

I have a huge settlement on top of govt aid.

also on top of working under the table.

ama

I took accutane as a teen. Worked great, still 96% acne free 5 years later. However I want to kill myself all the time these days so maybe it fucked with my brain.

I went on accutane and it cleared me up. Some food like chips still give me a big ass zit or two.

I had awful ugly painful acne scarring up my chest back and shoulders. Accutane wiped that shit out in like 3 months, stayed on it for 5 total. But, it fucked me up good. Lost some hair, damaged my vision (never recovered) because my eyes are always so dry. My lips hurt still, 6 years later, if I don't put on balm at least twice a day.

Looking back, I'd totally do it again, but if my acne wasn't leaving deep scars all over my body, and painful to the touch, I'd let it go. It's no joke, it will mess you up

How do I get rid of backne?

Take it pussy. I dont regret a single day of it.

>My skin is dry, red and irritated, what should I do?
>Put acid on it

This guy

this is going to raise a lot of alarms but try nofap. srs. if I don't jerk off for a week my skin clears right up. somtinging to do with eliminating testosterone fluctuations or something

I took the max dosage and had an emotional slump for about a week mid treatment. It literally came for no reason and i fell apart after losing a wrestling match.

I still dont regret taking it at all though. Its a great medication.

i took it
never set foot in a gym when i was taking it but my body hurt all the time especially my back
made my skin super dry
the whole depression thing from my understanding was started by some Congressman whos son killed himself while on it. The son was already suicidal but the Congressman wanted to believe he died cause of this drug
Since taking it i only get pimples around my mouth when i eat chocolate and my skin on face is still somewhat dry

Look at her hair, maybe if she took a fucking shower it wouldn't be so bad.

>wash face with soap for years
>stop using soap on face
>acne stopped overnight
Equally pissed and relieved

Honestly accutane is a miracle drug, it just works.

>Take accutane
>Skin clear for 3 years
>Acne comes back and I can't try Accutane again because DoDMERB won't allow it

Anyone?

>]

bacne completely disappeared after 2 months on accutane....

anyone on the fence in this thread should seriously just get it. theres like a .01% chance of something compared to a 99.99% chance of it increasing your overall happiness

I took it as a teenager almost 15 years ago. Permanently dried out my skin... I have to apply moisturizer every day.

Take accutane. That shit is 100% a miracle drug. When I was 14 my dermatologist said that my acne was some of the worst he'd ever seen in his 40+ year carreer. I always used to joke that my face looked like a burnt meatlover's pizza. 5 1/2 months on accutane and the shit was pretty much completely gone. it did miracles for my psyche; I went from borderline suicidal to genuinely happy with life. Got my first gf soon after that, started doing better in school, started hanging out with friends instead of being a bedroom shut-in autist. That was all about 5 years ago now, and I still get pimples every now and then but it's laughable compared to what it used to be. Just drink LOTS of water and use chapstick like a motherfucker. Your face will get super gross and peel and your lips will dry and crack severely, but it's so fucking worth it. Plus, it's way easier to motivate yourself to lift once your facial aesthetic is improved.

t. a dude who's been there

I had terrible acne in high school, nothing worked. I tried accutane, cleared my face up in a month. Sister was the same and it worked for her too. Five years later we are both totally clear. Do it user. If you kill yourself then it was probably meant to be anyway.

I had accurate because my was really bad too. Scars aren't so bad but a little noticeable. Side affects from accutane suck thought.

It's okay, I'm ready to roasted.

I'm extremely high right now I so butchered the fuck out of that I'm not autistic.

I'm on my 3rd month and am very happy,
On 30mg*2 a day

My skin looks ten-fold better

Upsides:
>Better confidence
>You will appreciate your face a little more
>You don't have an inflection on your face
Down sides:
>Blood tests
>Dry lips and skin
>Sensitive eyes (to light)
>Mood swings- Depression (I don't think it's hormonal balance, I think it's social interaction, you need to grow a healthy ego)

Alot of your problem is probably the shit you eat. The synthetic compounds in junk food is not good.
I try to maintain a healthy diet and have been achieving success.
>I drink tea and eat grain or trail mix in the Morning
>I eat a good lunch with veggies (frozen meals)- tofu, beans, sometimes a chicken,
greens, broccoli, carrots
>Snack is a waffle and some peanut butter (for lifting)
>Dinner is good veggie and fish, sometimes a potato or pasta
>I try an apple at lunch
>Lots of friggen water (at least 40oz.)

If you haven't tried this yet I'd recommend doing so for at least a month before you go on accutane. I was on the verge of doing so myself before I finally figured out what worked.

Retinoid + Topical Antibiotic + Non-comedogenic moisturizer and sunscreen (Retinoid at night with moisturizer, AB in morning with sunscreen moisturizer)
Every day, don't miss an application. If the retinoid dries out your skin you can reduce it, but you should increase it more and more eventually.

Use salicylic acid once a week instead of daily as it dries the shit out of your face and might be making it worse. Use benzoyl peroxide as your daily cleanser instead.

Give it a month or two before you decide and potentially get prescriptions from a derm if financially feasible. This is what happened to work for me after trying tons of other shit (peels, scrubs, natural remedies, different soaps and packages, etc)

I would also recommend cutting as much dairy, sugar, and fat from your diet as possible but I expect this to have more varied results from person to person.

If it doesn't improve much at all after 1 to 2 months then consider accutane, especially if you're young.

I would however like to know how you guys have dealt with the damage left by acne though. Retinoids have helped with a decent amount of the PIE and scarring, and I know that it will fade even more so over time, however I'm wondering if any of you have experience with die pulsed laser therapy or fillings as a solution to severe PIE/scarring.

Feels good knowing that I could have avoided having these FUCKING ACNE SCARS on my temples if my parents just put on me accutane instead of shitty topicals.

I want to still get some accutane though since I get bacne and some pimples on my face despite my current routine. Laser treatment would be good for the scars too but I don't have the disposable income now for that.

Look up Brian Turner, he had bad acne, and is also a body builder. He was on Accutane as well.