Is a PPL program good?

Is a PPL program good?

Are you on steroids?

If you answered no, it's dogshit.

t. Mark Rippletoe

t. reddit

Yeah it is

Yes it's the best.

If you're a normal person and not coming from a severely-obese/zero-muscle starting point, it's the only way to train. All of this "beginners should add weight every workout" humbug with the SS and SL and wahthaveyounot is bullshit, your ligaments and joints need to adapt too, you need to learn the technique, slow steady progression is the only sustainable way.

Spotted the DYELs

shut the fuck up rippletits not everyone is a fat fuck, also your bench is not that impressive when you take into account the fact that you weigh 400 lbs
yeah op, since its a flexible way of working what you want and need its the best really. want strength ? train ppl with low reps and high weights ? want to train more like a bodybuilder ? do more sets and reps. its great op go for it

PPL programs have you adding weight every week, what the fuck are you talking about?

Also, I'm eating as heavy as I can afford to, averaging for the month at 2900 calories/day, and lifting like an absolute animal. Was doing SS, stopped making gains, switched to a modified PPL program that has a focus on core and more accessories (still do 5x6 on big lifts) and I've been doing pretty well. Though, I'm not a fan of pure PPL routines because most don't incorporate any core, and I feel like it's lacking on accessories that hit shoulders, traps, and the like.

I'm happy you're excited you went from a 30lb to a 40lb bench in 2 weeks. You will surely turn your life around and become a well-adjusted young man in very short time.

>deadlifting twice a week
>shoulder accessories out the ass, ohp twice a week
what

It's great for aesthetics

That's not what I said. I said that PPL is best even for a beginner, if he has ever done any sport for any amount of time, and that SS/SL are inferior in comparison.

They are great if you care about aesthetics and have the patience and free time to visit the gym or workout six days per week.

Also, if you follow a smart PPL, your aesthetics will drastically improve and you will also become stronger. By "smart PPL', I mean one where you'll start doing heavy compounds first, followed by isolation exercises.

>deadlifting
I like to isolate my core at the very least once a week
>shoulder accessories out the ass
Another modified PPL. Most are modified, which is how it should be, and most of the ones you see posted are modified to some minor extent. The PPL I saw posted had OHP for shoulders, that's it. No should accessories, no shurgs, no core, etc.

It isn't a big deal for some, but I changed mine up a little. Adding a couple accessories isn't a problem if you have the energy at the end of your workout.

I feel like it is the best workout to slowly build muscle and maintain

Lol hello triggered twinks. How does it feel that I get more weekly volume than you and only lift 4 times per week?

>the programs I don't do are inferior because I said so

Share your routine then.

Sheiko

Google it.

For me it's the best program out there. Depending on your recovery times and how big your legs already are PPLPP is even better.

>modified
Modified compared to what? PPL just stands for push pull legs, there is no 'core' ppl other than doing those 3 things, starting with compounds and following with accessories

>Sheiko

>expecting to ever look anything like men who inject hormones into their body by doing their routines while you remain natural

The delusion of the average DYEL here is absurd.

>projection

First of all: PPL is not a "program". It is a split (aka a way of dividing the type of lifts you do through the week on push - pull - leg lifts). A good "PPL split program" is a list of exercises with their number of reps sets and the rate of progression, that adapts to your level of lifting experience, schedule, and goals.

You could do 2 sets of bench press monday, 2 pull ups on tuesday and 2 bodyweight squat on wednesday and repeat, and you will be doing a PPL split, a SHITTY PPL split program.

Now if your question is whether a good PPL split is "better" than a 3 day/week fullbody program (like SS for example)....
Big fucking surprise it depends on the person you ask. Hence why some people say PPL is better than SS and some don't.

My recommendation?
>Can you, and DO YOU WANT to go 6 days/week to the gym and enjoy 1 hour long workouts?
Get a good PPL program
>Are you too busy to go 6 times to the gym/week?
Do SS, an Upper-lowerX2 split or another, you will get basically the same gains
>I could do both and i really don't mind going either 3 or 6 days/week to the gym.
Then it is up to you man. Yes, probably one of the two splits gives you "more muscle" over a year, but it is really hard to tell and prove, so my reccomendation is do what you like the most.

Pick a GOOD PPL routine, or SS(+accesories)/SL/ULxULxx split that you like and stick to it. That will give you lots of gains that another program/split you enjoy less would give you.

>He unironically uses the term projection

What the fuck is up with their faces? .
>He uses the rampant shitposting picture that's associated with half the shitposts on 4van

why?

you're an idiot

Just hit a milestone 315 squat and decided to switch to PPL. Is it okay if I do PPLPPxx every week with some mild leg stuff on Monday and Friday?

I guess I'm just burned on out "every fucking day is a leg day" and that a 315 squat is more than I have ever seen anyone else do at my current gym (probably in the top 3% at my last gym).

I ran PPL 6 days a week, for about 2 months, got some nice gains at first but quickly had trouble with recovery. How do nattys even recover from 6x training?

I'm running Greyskull now and it works perfectly great for me.

I'I doing Candito right now while bulking, but these are the results I had while maintaining and then cutting on PPL. Enjoyed it a lot. Just make sure you do your research about rep/set schemes like any routine. It's good for growth and strength if done right.

I did the reddit meme PPL for a good 8 months.

You can still linearly add weight from session to session even on 6 days a week because the intensity is lower on PPL. Overall I enjoyed the variety.

Is it optimal for strength? No, sure you'd gain more strength on SS/SL but they shortchange you so much in every way i'd always recommend a well balanced PPL

Do whichever one you like more

They key to getting stronger is to regularly lift heavy. Pick the routine that you will actually do. If you can't get to the gym nearly every day, then obviously a PPLx2 routine isn't going to work for you. Conversely, if you don't have two hours to hit the gym on a given day, a 3 day routine isn't the answer. Until you hit elite levels, as long as you're doing the right lifts with good form, it doesn't fucking matter when you do them.

>thread
do 2 or so heavy comps then 3-5 "ligther" isos.

increase the weight on the comps with about 4.4lbs every workout, if you are able to, albiet with good form.

for isos go a little easier, maybe add 2.5lbs every week or so, while decreasing inbetween rests with about 5 seconds every workout.

did the same memey program on reddit, its really good and i like at lot.

one problem, my shoulders werent ready to add 2.5lbs 2 times a week, fucked me up pretty bad

I was in a similar boat with OHP. I just went up in .5 lbs increments at a certain point. Granted, I'm only OHPing 175 lbs now... but it's a slow and steady progression.

i was pretty stupid at the time so i was adding 2.5lbs to my lat raises too, that is the increments on our dbs at my gym.
think that is the reason i fucked up, i got an impingement

I do a split of
ABABAxx
A: legs and arms
B: chest, back, and shoulders

Best progression for me has been going up when i can bang out 20 reps with that pair

U took alot of effort typing this down, so im going to give you a (you)
It's good advice to

Literally the best program for aesthetics and strength(assuming you have compound lifts, which you better have).

Various studies have shown that training a muscle two times a week results in faster gains.

thanks, might do the same

Does that mean PPL is good if I am on steroids?

Yes.

It lacks the required frequency for a natty.