Pls stop bullying

>at the gym
>doing squats at 90%
>couple guys standing around talking
>hear them say "yeah I've seen him here before. He just goes heavy all the time. He's got no life"
>finish my set
>nothing to do
>pull out my phone
>see them do like 50reps on the seated row
>they get back to talking
>"he's an asshole man. He just sits on his phone"
>walk across the gym to get the small 5lb plates
>put one on each side
>here then say "wow big man, like that's gonna make a difference"

Wtf I hate people now

do you also hate earphones?

Go over and say hi to them OP

wtf..

im sorry, are you not fit by now? tell em you can hear em and if they got a problem you can take it outside.

not everybody will like you op, thats just the harsh reality. man the fuck up

just call them fags and carry on

How heavy was 90%, OP?

Curlbros gonna hate

I keep seeing posts like this and I think they are made up. Been going to gyms for the better part of 2 decades and I've never seen what you are describing happen. Not once. I've seen the polar opposite.

Legit advice: go up to them casually and ask them why are they mean to you when all you do is lift.

>If they don't realise that they were dicks: that's when you make a complaint at the reception and/or beat them up.

Either fake story or auditory hallucinations brought on my anxiety it's actually pretty common. Your brain will process the surrounding background noise and random chatter into voices criticizing and demeaning you at the edge of your hearing.

I'm really trying to be more social so I thought that would make me less approachable

150kg

I don't think I'm schizophrenic. im usually just doing my program in the gym and I keep to myself

I guess this is a way of rationalizing their confidence

I've been stalling for the past two weeks so my confidence has gone down a bit. Maybe this has always been happening I just never noticed it

>I keep seeing posts like this and I think they are made up. Been going to gyms for the better part of 2 decades and I've never seen what you are describing happen. Not once. I've seen the polar opposite.

this

One of the hardest pills I had to swallow growing up was that people will hate you for doing things not worthy of being hated for. I had crippling low self-esteem as a kid and I still remember the circumstance which forcefed me the pill. It made me man up though, so while situations as described in OP will take a toll on my self-esteem I'll cope with it better than I once did.

Is this something americans do?
I've been to a lot of gyms in a few countries for a few years now and never heard something like this said about anyone

>Is this something americans do?

no

Me and my bros always make fun of other people in the gym. It's fun. The strongest are the most insecure. They get easily butthurt but are too beta to say anything.

This doesn't really sound right, in most gyms anyone maxing a three plate squat for a triple or more with decent depth will get head nods across the board, it's considered a heavy lift by pretty much anyone outside a powerlifting or oly gym. I get people thumbsupping me after racking 5rm's and I attend a pretty serious bb gym where 90% of the members are juicing their ass off. Might be anecdotal or just because Australians aren't shit cunts but yeah, I really wouldn't let it bother you OP.

Maybe he won't feel apprehensive in saying anything to you once you turn 16

They hate you because you are better than them.

Take pride in this. They called you an asshole (behind your back) simply because they seen you do something they can't do.

Just let the hate BUILD your confidence and it will make them hate you even more.

Use their hate combined with your own to smash the weights hard. And then use the confidence it brings that you can emotionally affect someone THAT MUCH by just lifting, to improve your social gains.

You can even use this as a fucking talking point. You can find another big guy in the gym and bring it up, ask him if he has ever overheard them talking shit behind his back too. If so/if not you juts explain the story as if it's funny.

No doubt it will gain you a friend. Or even just a gym acquaintance that will give you 'the nod' when you see each other... Which in itself will stop people from thinking you have no life.

Good job.

If they don't say anything, how do you know they are butthurt?

Maybe they find it funnier than you do. Or maybe they don't hear it because you try not to get caught.

t. jelly skelly

i can't take being around other people, my college has a small gym that no one uses so i get to be alone

>tfw hate people

Dude what the fuck is this real are people this shitty

Same. I'd rather avoid being judged on some tribal shit whenever I can. I just want to go to the gym, do my thing, and leave, but you just know there'd be someone with something to say about you.

sounds like my motto op, people who look better than me are roiding while people who look worse than me are dyel fags

makes it all so much easier

>turn around
>"do we have a problem lads"?
>n-no mr, s-sorry
>continue set

if only you weren't autistic and/or scared of some dyels