Should I start lifting on a cut?

Should I start lifting on a cut?
Or should I cut first whilst doing only cardio and start lifting on a bulk?
Will I loose the sweet noob gainz if I start lifting on a cut?

Other urls found in this thread:

freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you should lift while on a cut to preserve your gains.

noob gains = neurological adaptation. they happen regardless if you are on a cut or on a bulk and it doesn't make a difference in the end.

just start now.

There is literally no reason to delay starting lifting. You could be going into gym eating one meal a day and sleeping three hours a night and still make gains your first six months effortlessly, obviously you want to avoid this scenario and get the most out of it but your best bet is to start now and don't bulk until your confident in your knowledge of compounds movements, related auxiliaries and have a fairly high standard for your perceived level of exertion

There's a reason why a lot of people wind up fat on their first bulk, eat healthy and lift, don't be a fucking ape.

Alright.
But won't I stall on my lifts when I'm on a caloric deficit?

This sounds like good advice, thank you!

>But won't I stall on my lifts when I'm on a caloric deficit?
they will in two cases; once you hit your noob gains limit (~6 months depending on fitness background) or if you eat at extreme caloric deficit so that you body actually consumes muscle mass.

this is why it's important to calculate your TDEE and eat at a max of 500 deficit or so, so your body only burns fat and not muscle mass.

Which calorie calculator should I use?
The one on scoobies site isnt much help, it does the calorin reduction in percentages.

you need to exhaust your noob gains before your muscles start to grow properly. sure you might "look" bigger at the end of noob gains but that's hypertrophy.

imagine you have a corn field and 50% of it is populated. now you wouldn't start plowing a new field if there is still room for corn on the old one. you would first populate the first one before starting on new one.

in essence that's what happens in muscles. if you never lifted before you have very few neurological connections inside your muscles. as you lift your body starts creating new ones. these are so called noob gains. more connections = better muscle contraction = more weight being lifted.

once your muscles hit the limit of those connections, the only way to increase them is to increase the muscle size itself which is done by eating at caloric surplus (bulking).

btw muscle mass gain is limited per week while fat gain is not.

you couldve just googled this. it's been answered many times

anyone will do. i use freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

on calculating what's the lowest you can go without burning muscle mass use this formula:

TDEE - (current weight in lbs * 3.2)

if i use my stats i get

2600 - (160 * 3.2) = 2088

meaning 2088 calories is the lowest i can go. anything lower, my body will start consuming muscle mass in addition to fat.

Hypertrophy refers to growth in general. Size is size. Noob gains don't refer to mass, they're about STRENGTH. Noob gains arise from increased muscular innervation and angiogenesis. Strength gains slow down when this caps out for the volume of muscle you have and you have to actually get more muscle to be stronger.

are you trying to troll me? pretty much what i wrote

>Size is size.
not really. there is a big difference between sarcoplasmic and myofibrillar hypertrophy

Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy is about increasing short term energy supplies, not neuro-muscular interaction. Neither one are more associated with noob gains

I should clarify, neither sarcoplasmic nor myofibril hypertrophy are more associated with noob gains, while increased neuromuscular activity strongly is

where did i write that they are associated with noob gains? if you are referring to

>sure you might "look" bigger at the end of noob gains but that's hypertrophy

then you need to reread my whole post because i was simply implying the very thing you wrote with that line

You're missing the point. ANY change in mass is not noob gains. Mass is mass, period. Noob gains refer to enormous STRENGTH changes at the beginning of strength training. A person can become twice as strong without gaining hardly any muscle at all. This is noob gains. And it's because of neuromuscular interactions and angiogenesis, not any sort of hypertrophy.

that's literally what i fucking wrote in my original post. some hypertrophy will occur even under noob gains and that was all i was implying by adding that line.

Oh fuck me I was reading it wrong

sorry

Noob gains involve all three in pretty much equal measure. For a true novice, literally any stress provokes a neurological adaptation and a muscular adaptation - isolating either type of hypertrophy at that stage is basically impossible.