Is every civilization equal?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HMuYfScGpbE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

In what sense?

is civ 6 worth playing yet?

in the game or real life?
the answer to both is no

God, this game's character models were hideous. They all look cartoonishly dopey compared to V.

No it's fucking dreadful. They added clunky New features just for the sake of being new and stripped away what made civ v good.

They grow on you.

They're honestly better in action.

>Alexander
>can wage war forever with no penalty
That's horse shit, I can't even declare war when a civ has me surrounded without getting a major warmonger penalty

>Have double the troops as Poland
>They have declared a surprise war on you!
>Pillage their pathetic empire
>Take every city except the capital
>Im the bad guy
I'll accept my role and sweep the rest of these weak fuckers as well. Don't slap my ass then be surprised when I put my dick in yours.

>play since latest update
>resume my religious game with Spain
>click on a Inquisitor
>mfw all of a sudden im fucking color blind and everything is gray

>Catherine de Medici
>Mahatma Gandhi
>Victoria
What a shitty selection.

Also, are there still civilizations left out in that pic, or have they really excluded the Neitherlands, Portugal, Austria, Hungaria, Venice or Sweden; but took in freaking Indonesia and Kongo?
Too scared it would be too eurocentric?

Also no Turkey/Ottoman Empire?

The Netherlands is in the new dlc with queen wilhelmina
The rest won't be in it because they have to make room for glorious civilizations such as the kree

For

>australian
>civilization
l o l

>wh*Te civs
>relevant
we invented civilization, cumskin. and we're just as easily taking it back

don't fall for b8 Veeky Forums

I doubt this game will ever be good so I will stick to Civ 5 multiplayer

WE

It's a cucked company, they try to include as many women and non-whites as possible. They only included Gandhi because of the meme.

>Too scared it would be too eurocentric?
he says as there are for more European civs then any other.

Civ would be fucking boring if it went by the same bizarro-SJW sanctioned list of the same strictly most "relevant" list of Civs every time.

Plus people are still bunging on about this shit like it's a recent phenomena, series classic Civ II had a completely fictional female Zulu leader for fuck's sake.

It has always annoyed me that Victoria only rules England and not the UK. The Scots, Welsh, and Irish were all just as involved in Imperialism as the English, even if they distance themselves from it now since "Imperialism" has become a dirty word.

Firaxis is an American developer. I know the daft cunts come from a federation, but still - the seppos consistently through time have a complete inability to understand the union, however simple a concept. You can't just expect them to start now.

is stellaris worth playing yet?

>French leader
>Medici
>Italian
>Just a fucking womb

F*raxis should be nuked

haven't played 6, but shit like this greatly bothered me in civ 5
>get declared war on
>win and conquer them
>everyone hates you forever

having a warmonger system was definitely incomplete without a casus belli system that modifies the amount of warmonger you get. It should have been tied to the denouncement system as well, where you actually need a reason to denounce someone, but you get -50% warmonger fighting a war with someone you denounced. -50% warmonger fighting a defensive war, -100% for taking a border city if you asked them not to settle near you and they ignored it. But no.

>civ 5 multiplayer
>3 hour game
>people won't wait more than 3 minutes for a lobby to fill up

>Alexander
>can wage war forever without any penalty
K E K

Is this what "we wuz greeks n shiet" believe?

Considering that AI will consider attack only when you are weak - it has more military troops than you, I call bs on that one.
Tho warmonger was retarded mechanic and I always turned it off in CiV5 via mods.
>X attacks me
>Civ5 AI can't even move units properly on hardest difficulties
>with ~10 units can fend off endless waves of AI units
>after few turns and dozens of AI units dead, denounced by everyone for warmongering
>didn't even leave my borders for whole duration of war

>Civ would be fucking boring if it went by the same bizarro-SJW sanctioned list of the same strictly most "relevant" list of Civs every time.
not really. Most of the big civilizations can have different flavours from one edition to another.

no French complains about Napoleon though

They mean there's no penalty to your own civilization for being at war for long periods. No happiness loss and such.
>Why doesn't America have this bonus?

>not playing Civ IV
>not playing C2C mod
>not wasting weeks immersing yourself in the autism
plebians

Come back in a year.

Depends on what you mean by equal and how you gauge a civilizations greatness

Jadwiga is best waifu :3

Because he was French, and one the great leaders France had, excelling in both warfare and at home. I’d take Philippe Auguste, Saint Louis, Louis XIV or even Henri IV or Napoleon III. Hell, if they really want non-rulers, put Richelieu.

Napoleon Bonappartement was a French landlord

Civ 4 models were the best

In my opinion yes, but wait for a bit. They are coming out with a DLC soon that overhauls a lot of combat and makes it better as a whole.

Precisely. Nobody was mad IRL when the Soviet Union did it, why should it be different in the game?

It’s never going to be good mate. Civ 5 is probably the best we’re ever going to get

Im glad they added more non euro civs first. Adds some flavor to the game. Who cares, buy the time the game is good all the faction DLC will have been released and you can play as whoever you want.

>Portugal
>Austria
>Hungaria
>Venice
>Sweden
Literally who

But civ 4 Was the best, even with the doom stacks

>I think I shat myself

Is it just me or does Amanitore look comically overweight and somewhat non-North Sudanese looking

>>Why doesn't America have this bonus?
IT AIN"T ME

Because American society tore itself to shreds in the 60's over the Vietnam War user.

yeah
civ 5 models had nice balance between serious and comic but civ 6 is way over the line

you're just mad the r34 stuff for VI isnt as good as for V

>Because he was French
Uhm no sweetie

He was born in France, spent most of his life in France, serving France. Only butthurt Anglos and other lesser Europeans think he is anything other than French.

He was a swarthy italian manlet Pierre. It's time to deal with it

Australia is a civilization how?

hilarious

I wish they'd go back to ambassadors acting on the behalf of leaders and monarchs, it's silly to have these exchanges with the ruler themselves.

They look like old school Claymation to me, every time I see them. Like California Raisins tier.

underrated

I bet they had a hard time figuring out what traits to give African civilizations.

>Well they...they uhhh...let's see didn't they do...they DID make...uh...BONUS TO BUILDING DISTRICTS

>bonus when converted
kek they really outwit themselves

I want Ashoka !

Eh, with Kongo it makes sense.

No. Civ IV is still supreme.

>That Nubian ooga booga fatass

if they added austrailia then they may well add latvia

If you're taking an objectivelly nihilistic standpoint then you could say that every civilization is equal because none of them have any intrinistic value, but even if you do so there is no reason why you should personally consider every civilizaiton equal. A culture should defend its own values.

Not anymore. OP has old table.

no pls don't drag us into this shit
besides lithuania would be far more fitting

Carpet of doom is actually worse. Especially when concerning the computer opponent.

>Africa
>building bonus

Sallahudin once was asked what is Jerusalem worth,

He replied "nothing" then he paused for a second and said everything."

This is the case for all civilizations especially the kingdom of Israel.

Holy shit. Is that Civ 6? Ahahahahaha. Every Civ game is more. SJWy than the last.

I suppose they could be sensible and just add a livonia if they were ever to make the baltic region a civilization

>Scythia
>Civilization
Steppeniggers are not capable of being civilized.

>Africa
>civilization

Lmao fucking NUBIA and Congo. You might as well add in every city-state that ever existed in Europe, at least any of the individual city-states were vastly more relevant.

>I’d take Philippe Auguste, Saint Louis, Louis XIV or even Henri IV or Napoleon III. Hell, if they really want non-rulers, put Richelieu.
Man, man, man, man, man and another man. Firaxis thought it would be more appropriate to have a woman represent such a feminine nation as France.

or they could let you make your own civs a la stellaris

>Hojo Tokimune
like, I applaud them for going with an obscure choice, but how the hell did he make the cut?

It is so they can make those other cultures their own Civ later if they feel like it.

They gotta get through all their strong female literal who's before we can get Scotland and Gallowglass units.

Because they lost to Rice farmers.

>isolationist for 2 centuries
>start shitting themselves whenever they encounter any sort of resistance
gee I don't know

how exactly?

we could have had Abyssinia/Ethiopia or some East African thalassocracy but no
>Kongo
>bonus when converted
top kek

wow man that's uh like really deep

*hits bong*

Not in the slightest. Have you even played as Australia? Outback stations are fucking bullshit, the second you start building them the game should change your ingame music to this
youtube.com/watch?v=HMuYfScGpbE

>born in corsica, an italian island sold to the french
>birth name was Napoleone di Buonaparte
>first language was italian
>corsican nationalist in his youth seeking independence from france
>always spoke french with a distinct italian accent
>never learned how to properly spell in french his entire life
>entire family can trace their heritage to tuscany
he was much more italian than french

>Isabellas's voice
I rest my case

My issue is that Civ V is the only one that does that. All the other games are a little cartoony. Granted VI went too far in the other direction but still.

>bitching about Gandhi
How do I know you've never played the series?

Is asking loaded questions the best way to promote my psychopathic poltard beliefs on Veeky Forums?

Over representing women and minorities, starting with at least Civ iv

Now they're literally making Gandhi look darker than before

>Now they're literally making Gandhi look darker than before
user he was already Indian, why does it matter if he's darker?

People care about shit like this? Im glad they're mixing up leaders. Gets boring to have the same people all the time. Catherine got replaced by Peter, but in the end it has absolutely zero effect on gameplay.

>Saladin
>Bonus to culture, religion, and science

I find it funny that the newest Civ of the Cree was revealed led by Poundmaker, /v/ which constantly loves to shout SJW at everything thought it was a fine choice though they would've preferred the Sioux or Iriquois (or Inca but that's another story), yet the actual Cree indians bitched.

The best part was their reasoning
>Speaking to CBC Radio’s Saskatoon Morning, Milton Tootoosis, a Cree Nation headman (councillor or elder), said that the game “perpetuates this myth that First Nations had similar values that the colonial culture has, and that is one of conquering other peoples and accessing their land. That is totally not in concert with our traditional ways and world view.”
Haha fucking bullshit. Tribes constantly fought brutal wars which each other over the right to land which was considered tribally owned, and the Cree were no exception.

god i hate that stupid fucking cartoony art style so fuck much, fucking ridiculous

LE GOLDEN AGE OF ISLAM

>tertium non datur
the pire awaits you dissimulating trash