Redpill me on the Gallipoli Campaign

Redpill me on the Gallipoli Campaign

Britain threw Australian lives away for a plan they knew wouldn't work. Austrians let them do it like the cucks they are.

Australians*

More Brits died than Anzacs, shit more French died than Aussies too, although I think the Aussies had higher overall casualties than the French.

Brainlet

stupid decision making by uninspired leaders ensure that they could not establish a landing point
i forgot the name of the british commander but he was a senile old coot who was more concerned on building a shack than establish a beidgehead and captured key locations
turk advantage in terrain ensure no breakout was possible

Pic related.

What'd they send to the British and French troops?

More Turks died, approx. 250,000 casualties (dead + wounded) versus approx. 200,000 allied. "Gallipoli Casualties by Country". NZ History. New Zealand Ministry for Culture and Heritage. 1 March 2016. Retrieved 15 January 2017.

Was it worth it? Was pretty much any single battle or campaign in WW1? In the midst of stalemate, one fought wherever one could in the hopes that there might be a decicive victory -somewhere-.

Its one of those 'if it was pulled off it would be incredibly significant'

With the Ottomans losing Istanbul they might have been tempted to sue for peace, and that hugely changed the dynamic of the war. Imagine if the German 1918 Spring Offensive worked, or if Market Garden worked

Sadly it was like most of the war (early at least), inept Generals who didn't understand the changes of warfare throwing men into a meat grinder

Based Ataturk desu even if it didn't change much in the big scheme of things.

BRITISH and FRENCH SOLDIERS!
YOU HAVE BEEN TRICKED
YOU CANNOT WIN

You can only die here far from home,
or suffer from hunger and thirst.
The Australians, insatiable in their desire to shitpost,
will waste your time in their vain attempt at glory

>British troops
they couldn't send propaganda that far in the rear lines

BTFO, How will Brits ever recover?

BBTFO, as usual.

ANGLOS DESTROYED

shoo shoo /int/ goblins

Australians lost more men as a proportion than any other nation there, something like 60%

UM SWEETIE

I'm pretty sure New Zealand won the proportion to population cup

Why wasn't Newfouland part of Canada back then?

They had the secondmost

That's just how much Newfoundlanders hated the Quebecois

Ah, the old "gold medals per capita" routine

Then just dismiss all European wars as inconsequential and focus on India/China if that's how you are

NZ had a 5th of the population of Australia, 3000 dead was a huge deal for them

If somebody else is running your supply chain, you will have a higher overall percentage of casualties.

>So much dead anglos
Turks might be human after all.