Routine Help

Waddap Veeky Forums
I need some serious help with my routine. I've been lifting for some time now and have a solid base and currently doing Coolcicada's PPL routine. The problem is that my strength and muscle gainz are veeery slow.

The question is, if I switch to Stronglifts for a few months and get stronger then switch back to PPL and lift more will it be better or is it a bad idea?

>will following a strength program make me stronger

>I've been lifting for some time now

Elaborate

Damn, serious man hands in that picture.

I did not get gains when I did PPL. Not anything serious. I instead went to Madcows 5x5.

why would you do that. it's an intermediate routine

No, what am asking is will doing a str program and then switching back to ppl will I progress faster and get better gainz.

1,5 years lifting at home with 50kg set along with muay thai, going to the gym for 3 months.
pic rel.

50kg set? Do you know where you are?
Post your stats: ohp, bp, sq, dl
How many chin ups?
Next time rotate and compress your image before you upload.

I don't really give a fuck where I am lol, I don't give a fuck about numbers either. My main focus was muay thai and 50kg with high reps + explosive movement was good enough for better explosive power.
Bodyweight 60kg
OHP 45kg x 5
BP 70kg x 5
SQ 70kg x 5, don't want to get bigger legz because muay thai kickin
DL 120kg x 5

35 chin ups weightless, don't really like weighted chin ups.
I also did rotate the pic dunno why it's sideways.

Oh I am laffin

Those are beginner stats, I don't understand how you've been doing a ppl and not progressing. Do you just not try to increase the weight? You know with ppl you're supposed to do it 6x a week and put on 5lbs on most lifts a week. Since you still have beginner stats I'd switch to stronglifts or some other linear progression routine

Actually nvm I didn't realize you're on 60kg if you're above 5'7 it's time to bulk that's why you haven't been making progress start eating mate. You're pretty active so start meal prepping and take some food with you

>if I stop doing a strength program, will I keep getting strong

You're an idiot.
>I have a solid base (those stats doe)
>I don't give a fuck about numbers
>my gainz are slow
Just kys karate-clown

honest question fro a rookie:
when you say 45kgX5 do you mean 5 reps or 5 sets?

It's 45kg for 5 reps. If it would be 5 sets, you wouldn't know how many reps there would be in one set, would you?
And you count the bar-weight, always. Also, be weary of e-statters.
>35 chinups lmao

Are you a manlet?

well thats what i thought, but isnt 5 reps verry little?
i mean i do 8X4, thats 32 reps.
isnt that more work all things cosidered depite the weight being lower? (way lower btw)

not op, but is the current 5x5 SL have enough for core? I'm only at 52,5kg squats, but should I just keep going at it for a few more months without changing anything or changing programs? I only do a few chinups every b workout. still got plenty newbie gains to go

A good setsxreps scheme balances your need for intensity, volume and regeneration, depending on your goals. 3x5 is good for strength and sustainable for a long time. You don't get burned out. Read sticky or practical programming by Mark Rippetoe.

This is why PPL is a meme.

Just do SS.

i read one of the sticky guids.
he just say 3X5 with no real explenation...
others say 5X5.
my gym instructor told me 4X8 how come?

As a note to anyone on here, you're not considered strong on here unless you do 5/4/3/2 for reps. Do not say you're solid or ripped or strong unless you can lift those weight with good form.

Where to begin?
Okay in freedom units, you're 132 lbs. Even at 5'7-5'8, you'd need to bulk. If you're taller, you'd need to bulk hard as well. You're an amateur fighter, and it's obcenely obvious you can't fight worth shit since you have no trainers or recommendations. Muay Thai and other striking courses absolutely rely on core strength and explosive power.

>solid base
100 lb OHP is not solid. At all. You can get that with 6 months of actual training.
155 lb bench is embarrassing if you think that's solid. Just to say you're solid would be 250~lb if not 3pl8.
155 lb squat is fucking terrible. What the fuck is wrong with you? Do you not know how kicks work? Do you not know what goes in your body when you actually throw strikes/grapple? This has to be a troll.
265 dl? How long have you actually been training? I hit 240x5 within 4 months. There's no way you've been training for more than a year.

Just do starting strength and forget every brosplit and curl routine you know, you miserably weak fuck. Then hit up madcow and run like 2-3 cycles of it and then you can research from there. Every worthwhile martial art greatly benefits from a strong core. It honestly sounds like you're going to a McDojo if people haven't gotten on your ass to actually work out.

Because he's a fucking worthless PT. Ready the fucking sticky, buy Starting Strength and get fucking good goddamn. It's simple. You should only need someone spotting your form at lower weights.

thats very harsh judgement based on very little data...

Go cry to your boyfriend. Any worthwhile trainer or coach would be 10x harder on you than me.

i dont mind your faul languege,
im just noting you have made up your mind about a trainer based on 3 more reps per set.
and why? so you wont burn out? from 3 more reps per set?
im just a rookie, if there a reason 3X5 is better than 4X8 i wouldnt know it. but it seems neither do you , yet you would look down on other programs none the less.

Woah, get this hothead outta here!
Read practical programming if you are interested in background knowledge.
Generalisations for beginners:
4th set is not needed for progress
5s are easier to progress on than 8s
3x5 has stood the test of time
Any program will give you results: because you're a beginner
Listen to

8 reps per set is usually for hypertrophy, and 5 reps is for strength building. You go with higher weights less reps to reduce burnout/chance of injury. A beginner needs more strength build up to work with newbie gains. You go with 5 reps to build a foundation, especially when doing compounds. The compound exercises will carry over to other exercises. 4x8 is the realm of brosplits, and there's a good chance your numbers aren't very high.

Next time, read the fucking sticky and actually get off your ass and RESEARCH instead of being a little bitch.

from the sticky:
Q: I've been lifting weights for a while, and have suddenly stopped making progress even though I'm trying hard. What happened?
A1: You may have simply over-trained and need a rest. Take a few days off, and then go back at it again.
A2: Your body may have adapted to the workout you are doing. You can't keep doing exactly the same workout all the time and continue to get results quickly; at some point your body gets used to it and you start to have diminishing returns. To change things up, you can:
Change the number of reps per set, while keeping the total number of reps about the same (for instance, going from 5x5 to 3x8)
Change from dumbbells to barbells or vice-versa
Change to a variant on the same exercise, or a different exercise that works the same muscle groups
A3: At some point you will need to eat more food to continue making rapid strength gains. Of course, if you don't want to get bigger anymore, at some point you will have to accept some limit on your strength gains.

my numbers are by no means high.
not by a long shot. but im making progress.
i train twice a week and started at lifting nothing but the bar. i dont aim for what most of Veeky Forums does, and im in no great rush to get there.

1. More food.
2. Try Texas Method, it's a great late novice/early intermediate program. 3 days/week, weekly progress.

>1. More food.
check
>2. Try Texas Method, it's a great late novice/early intermediate program. 3 days/week, weekly progress.
will look it up.

The ppl is a more advanced program than stronglifts why would you move backwards