Carbohydrates are THE DEVIL

When did you realize you'd need to restrict your intake of carbohydrates if you wanted to get low BF%?

I was 14 month ago and struggling to restrict my calories below a certain level; and then common sense called and said "you need to eat high protein/low carb". Yes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XNquMyUCCYI
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7498104
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8475895
youtu.be/dBnniua6-oM?t=3405
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sugar, specifically, is the devil because it's addictive.

Other carbs aren't bad per se, they are just usually the easiest macro to adjust if you are trying to cut.

I don't eat bread/rice/sugar/chocolate/potatoes

Otherwise I don't count my carb intake; I just don't eat those things. Occasionally I'll have a bit of milk in my coffee but usually it's just black. Since cutting out carbs I found it easy to lose weight if I need to.

I regularly have to lose weight for a sporting event so I cut my carbs out.

Yep

if you don't cut with carbs as high as possible you're basically retarded

But what do you eat then? These carbs are the basis of every meal

I was trying to figure out how to get enough protein and all my micros in without going over my tdee with the calories and discovered that bread, pasta, rice etc. are practically just empty calories in that regard.

>get enough protein and all my micros in without going over my tdee with the calories
Eat less meat and more legumes. It's the fucking fat, especially saturated

Meat, fish, vegetables, avocados, eggs, nuts/seeds and occasionally some cheese or kefir are the bulk of my diet. When I'm not cutting I add fresh fruit to the mix.

to iterate further in this, industrial sugar is bad. But there are some fruits that have acids, that slow down the absorbtion rate of their own sugars.

Those acids are so potent that if you eat white bread along blueberries, they will too slow down the simple carbs.

So not all carbs are evil, but there are better ones than others

complex carbs > simple carbs / natural sugars in top tier fruits like blueberries > shitty fruits with fast absorption rates > industrial sugars > artificial sweeteners > HFCS and things like it

So you shouldnt go past the second point, and when you can, you should get most of your carb needs from complex carbs. But fruits also have essential things needed for your body, use them too sparingly.

Its all about calorie intake
I am 11-12 percant bodyfat and i did all eating what i want and just restricting calories.
If you struggle eating low calories that a problem with your will power

I eat meat, vegetables.

For breakfast I had chicken and salsa with jalapenos

For dinner I'll be having fish with vegetables or salad leaves; or maybe I'll eat some nuts as a snack.

I could eat a loaf of bread and not be satisfied; but the same amount of calories in the form of chicken and I'm stuffed. You don't need huge meals user

Never caused me any problems, just eat less.

You can eat lean meat if you want to avoid the fat. Fatty meat is actually better though, because the fat lowers the meat's impact on insulin production, helping to keep your body in fat-burning mode for longer. Look up the insulin index.

>saturated fat lowers the meat's impact on insulin production

citation needed

Alright senpai
How do you eat 400g+ veggies at each meal? With 50kcal per 100g, even hiting TDEE is painful

Why wouldnt you? Its so much easier to keep track of progress on a cut when you're not carrying like 10lbs of water

>400g+

I dont eat that many veggies, I eat between 200-300 grams of veggies each day.

I think my amount is already at an optimum. Not sure why you would need to eat more of veggies.

I also include 100+ grams of carrots each day. I used to include broccoli, or whatever that green thing was called for carbinol 3, but instead I just got carbinol 3 pills.

>sugar is bad
>other carbs arent bad

Are you frigging retarded?

The amylase enzyme in your body turns all carbs into straight fucking sugar.

There is nothing else.

When you eat carbs its the exact same as putting heapings of raw table sugar into your mouth

this
>how do i into insulin
watch this youtube.com/watch?v=XNquMyUCCYI
its true, fiber and fat slow digestion so the insulin doesnt spike as high. but the spike lasts longer so it doesnt really make a difference.

On cuts, I restrict carbs to 70-90g post-workout.

Rest days I basically don't eat carbs, but the anabolic insulin spike post-workout is bretty gud.

slow ingestion*
not my native language

Lentils peas beans if poorfag

Dairy fish steak chicken if richfag

Just wanted to understand how you hit kcal target with veggies and lean meat but
> nuts, avocados, etc.

citation needed

GOMAD is shit and ill get you obese. Are you tumblr trying to sabotage everyone?

I cut 21 pounds by just biking, lifting, and watching my calories. Do some cardio.

At the start of 2012 I started seriously studying nutrition and looked at the labels of everything I ate. One of the big things I figured out was that 99% of all grain is just nutritionally barren calorically dense filler. Caloric restriction was fucking easy after learning this because most of my calories at the time came from shit-tier grains, and I lost close to 40 lbs that year (this was before learning to lift so I was a skinnyfat motherfucker, but it was better than being fat)

I haven't bought bread or corn or pasta in years, and the only grain I make a point of buying is brown rice during bulking times. I try to get all my carbs from vegetables now. Only time I eat bread/corn/pasta is at restaurants.

I dont understand why you are asking me about kcal when I was talking about sugars and simple/complex carbs. Hitting your TDEE is easy, everything is just basic math. Macro's are easy too. Minerals, vitamins and supplements make it easier still.

GOMAD is meant for
>weak, underweight, young males
>nobody fucking else
and is meant to last maximum about a month till skeletor realizes what being full feels like.
Once again. Weak, underweight, young males. Nobody else. If you aren't in this category you'll get fat. Very fat.
This has been brought to you by someone who actually fucking read Starting Strength

I'm the same. Never looked back. I eat a bowl of tuna in sunflower oil and it's just as satisfying as a tuna sandwich; however it's 200 calories less.

There's brown pasta too you know

>falling for the carbs are bad meme

Only if you're a stupid fucking fatty that just gorges

if potatoes are wrong I dont want to be right

by the time I realized this I was already "eh" towards pasta. Even if it was healthier it's still a massive bomb calorically.

That's who I was, couldn't even have junk food in the house or I'd scarf down the entire package. Zero impluse control around it, but strangely I've never had cravings for sugary sweets or soda.

Believe me bro, potatoes are my biggest kryptonite. The only thing that gets me through a cut is the occasional cheating with potatoes.

>I could eat a loaf of bread and not be satisfied; but the same amount of calories in the form of chicken and I'm stuffed. You don't need huge meals user
It's also the type of calorie, user.

You want complex carbs. with fibre, especially the soluble kind.

What about the extreme excess of cholesterol and the other shit saturated fat does?

>39283899
3 days ago. I just started counting my calories. 130 lbs hoping to get down to 110. wish me luck :)

Only a few weeks ago. I have lost a few kg's in a month. Cant believe I have been struggling like a retard all this time. Will I die tho?

I eat on average 4 to 6 slices of bread a day plus loads of potatoes, pasta/lasagna, rice etc. love my carbs and never put on pounds unnecessarily. Don't count calories either. Am I chad?

potatoes are retardedly high on the glycemic index

also it's much easier to cut cals when cutting out fats, but they're also more essential to life so you can't dip too low

the only carb i eat is oats and whatever tag-along carbs occur in peanut butter and protein powders

Good luck you twink fuck

Insulin stimulates energy expenditure and preserves lean mass. It signals to the hypothalamus to promote satiety. Fat on the other hand reduces energy expenditure (especially the saturated variety you find in meat), reduces satiety, and increases lean mass wasting. The primary metabolic fate is storage into adipose tissue. Why don't you refrain from posting when your only education stems from low carb blogs and youtube videos?

>potatoes are retardedly high on the glycemic index
The glycemic index only has some (extremely limited) data for helping diabetics. Nothing else. Who cares?

>also it's much easier to cut cals when cutting out fats, but they're also more essential to life so you can't dip too low
The best quality evidence available suggests the exact opposite.

www.cochrane.org/CD011834/VASC_effect-cutting-down-fat-we-eat-body-weight

What do you get out of spreading misinformation?

>implying beans aren't a measly 6 g protein per 130 kcal

The vegan delusion is real.

Just eat some fats and eat some carbs
Stop being retards

I find it very easy to stay below my calorie limit when cutting and I eat a shitload of carbs. It seems to be like you're just a weak willed cunt.

>Fat on the other hand reduces ... reduces satiety

False. Fat is very good for helping with satiety.

Fat has the lowest satiety promoting effect out of all macronutrients.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7498104
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8475895

Nobody cares about your emotional dislike for certain facts.

This
Carbs are shit

I know you are trolling but for those of you who donĀ“t know, fructose (ie sugar) is a metabolic poison. youtu.be/dBnniua6-oM?t=3405

Glucose =/= Sugar - Stop spreading this misinformation.

Carbs as in potatoes, rice and grains are fine.

You do realize that the human brain is 60% fat? How healthy do you think it is to cut down on the nutrient your brain is made of?

Your pseudo-intellectualism is giving me cancer. Are you really that proud of having a less than elementary school understanding of neuroscience? High fat diets have been demonstrated to impair brain function in adults. The net catabolic turnover rate of fatty acids in the brain is extremely limited after infancy and more than satisfied with 20% of calories coming from fat, where the major metabolic fate is still storage into adipose and not incorporation into the brain.

>putting heapings of raw table sugar into your mouth

yum yum

Quinoa's 5/5 bredy good. I enjoy the texture

>Will I die tho?

Someday

>Are you really that proud of having a less than elementary school understanding of neuroscience?

You sure told me. If fat consumption is unhealthy, then how do you explain that nowadays people in their forties are having dementia? Fat consumption has been going down since the seventies, correlatively dementia is on the rise (literally brain degeneration).

>how do you explain that nowadays people in their forties are having dementia?
How about you open up a freshman neuroscience textbook and look at the risk factors identified thus far? I'm not here to spoonfeed you.

> Fat consumption has been going down since the seventies, correlatively dementia is on the rise (literally brain degeneration).
Where are you pulling that data from? Anyway, a population level comparison between the means of fat consumption and dementia not statistically adjusted for any other variables like population density, calories, industry distribution, ... isn't exactly scientific evidence and can't be used to say anything about a causal relationship.

carbs are god and should be kept as high as possible assuming protein requirements are being met

>tfw I attempted keto
>Failed horribly, but learnt that high protein low carb works awesomely
>Made good progress
>Realised I was spending too much because I'm a poorfag
>Carbs are cheap
>My diet has a lot of bread, rice and oats
>All I can really afford

Just...just hold me Veeky Forums.

Good news is, Mum took pity on me since I'm barely out of highschool, and told me the place I was buying meat was super expensive. She's gonna show me some wholesale butchers, and then help me find some markets. Hopefully I learn to not be a dysfunctional human soon.

I've been eating pretty much nothing but Bacon & Egg & Cheese biscuits lately. How're they for getting lean?

the glycemic index has been time over time proven to be nothing more than a meaningless number user

Good luck getting stronger without carbs

Eat protein with carbs = low insulin response

Glycemic index GTFO

Yes, protein is the most expensive macro

>no rice/potatoes

what do you eat for lunch?