Trying to get army Veeky Forums

So I have an army interview tomorrow, so I thought it'd be good to start getting fit.

I went for a run. Probably did about 0.75 miles in 7 minutes, but I had to stop and walk a few times and have up before 1.5 miles because the taste of blood and my heartbeat were too much. Is this normal? I haven't done proper exercise in about a year. I'm 20 and have a desk job atm.

How long did it take you to build up cardiovascular endurance? I hope to be able to do 1.5 miles in 12 minutes by January, if not more.

inb4 >cardio

It's normal. 2.4k in 12 minutes should be possible even untrained and overweight. It'll be easy as piss to do given one to two months training.

>army interview tonorrow
>trying to get Veeky Forums the day before
>cardio

>I have an army interview tomorrow
And you decided to try and get in shape now, not weeks ago?

>Probably did about 0.75 miles in 7 minutes
You did less in longer, you always overestimate when you're out of shape

>I had to stop and walk a few times and have up before 1.5 miles because the taste of blood and my heartbeat were too much
You are weak and have terrible cardio, your throat is soft as a cashmere bag of kitten ears due to lack of use.

>Is this normal?
If you're really weak and out of shape, yes.

>I haven't done proper exercise in about a year
And you decided to try and get in shape in 2 days?

> I'm 20 and have a desk job atm
Not an excuse, I'm 21 with a desk job and I could jump right into regular army PT anytime(though fuck waking up at 4am)

>How long did it take you to build up cardiovascular endurance?
Longer than you have

>I hope to be able to do 1.5 miles in 12 minutes by January, if not more.
You should be able to do that right now. It's doable if you aren't 300lbs+

I know it's ridiculous. I've been busy and get tired from commuting and anxious about running in public.

I'm 156lbs. I wouldn't be starting for many months to come. I need to sort my life out and thought the Army would really help there.

Also it was 0.8 miles in 7 minutes. I just tracked it and timed it.

>many months
>2

Push through the blood taste and heart racing or you'll never hack it in the army.

It feels like my lungs have filled with a fluid tho. I'm coughing more than Hillary Clinton.

That is normal.
Homie, just hit the track 3-5 times a week. Make sure to do 2 long, slow runs. These are what build your overall endurance.
Also, that motherfucking Drill Sergeant at Basic is going to make you run so goddamn much that you won't even come close to failing your APFT.
Tl;dr yes, you're normal for a sedentary faggot. Go run.

Ok, why don't you just resign yourself to being physically weak and frail and never achieving anything you set out to do whilst wasting away for the next 40-50 years at your desk or at least until some algorithm replaces your useless ass.

Dude, you're not very motivating here. I know I need to get better, but practical advice would be appreciated over attacking me.

I've realised how horribly unfit I am and want to make the positive change. I don't think I could go out and run again today, but feel like I shouldn't leave it here. What can I do in my room to build fitness today? I'll run again tomorrow but feel too bad from coughing to go again right now, and am anxious that my landlord is judging me.

Any advice on length/pace?

Alright dumbass. I feel bad enough to help you because I was in the same boat a few years ago. You aren't shipping out to basic tomorrow. You'll be given a date a few months in the future to ship out.

Practice push-ups, situps, and running. Get AT LEAST a 60 in each category of the APFT before you get to Basic. I was a PT failure in basic because I only trained to run one mile at a time and I hated my life. If you can pass the PT test before you go, you'll have an easy time. Do a couch to 5k program from now until you go to basic. Before you run, do as many pushups/situps as you can or do them on alternate days no matter how few that is right now. You will get better, and it's a lot easier on your own than javing to do remedial PT at night during basic.Look up proper army form for both.

What's your job going to be?

Honestly tomorrow is a mere initial interview. I've sent off a medical survey and registered an interest. Areas I'm interested in include Comms and Info Systems/Military Intelligence. It's not the most physical of areas but it'll require fitness nonetheless. I'm more useful for my brain than my body, to be honest, but I don't want the other to waste. I'll get a drink and see how many push-ups/sit-ups I can do in two minutes.

not that guy but first of all Veeky Forums is not your personal motivator, you need to find motivation yourself we're not going to give it to you

as for the coughing/taste of blood/heartbeat just run more often and it wont be as bad anymore after a while

also just do it noone is judging you and after a while you wont be anxious anymore

I know fit is not my personal motivator, but that was just downright mean. I thought Veeky Forums would be quite a friendly board. I main on less friendly boards.

>random anons telling me I'm worthless over the internet hurt my feelings
>I think I should join the army

Hoooooooooooooooo boooooiiiiiiiiii if you think what I said was bad I'd love to see how you deal with your NCOs

It didn't so much hurt my feelings, just don't see how this is supposed to accomplish anything positive tbqh.

Executive Ossifer at Basic Training here. Pray you dont go to Sandhill.

Anyways, focus on 400m repeats and get to 2 miles in 15:00, and preferrably 7:00 mile.

The Drill Sergeants will whip you into shape so you dont have to worry about that.

The Army is terrible for your gains btw

Why the fucking army? You have a death wish man? Just don't go to the interview and get in shape dude.

Ask your recruiter about delayed entry, they should have fitness guidance and shit

Mirin that CIB

>I've been busy and get tired from commuting

>anxious about running in public

They are going to chew you up and spit you out in basic you beta phaggot

I mean they really won't since basic is a hugbox.

You need to run 2 miles in 14 min OP. That's slow af too.
>how to get more endurance
Run faggot. Also do pushups. Need to be able to do 42 perfect form.

How dare you post best girl btw. How could such a hopeless worthless faggot top tier char. Kys.