20 year old with a hip replacement

Hello bros, I had a hip replacement a few years ago and have been struggling to find an acceptable routine for legs given the limitations of the implant. Does anyone have any experience with something like this? Can you recommend a routine that hits all of the major lower body muscle groups?

KID with hip replacement. What?

It was the result of a freak accident that involved a lot of poor medicine and unluckiness

38yo, just got one this year. In the same boat. My doctors are no help. They said basically take it fucking easy. Realize you aren't going to be doing deadlifts in this life. They said light squats were ok after a year or so. Also said leg press was safe.

Me? I'm focused on my chest and arms for size and endurance {riding bikes} for my legs. I like wearing skinny jeans and staying trim. Will I look lopsided to Veeky Forumsfags? Probably, but I like it.

I shattered my pelvis, sacrum, all that shit in the general pelvic area broke. I currently deadlift 405 for reps and hit a 500 PR because fuck limitations.
My advice? Form form form form form.
Take the bar, or even just body weight if the bar is too much strain on the area, and go through the full ROM and build up the weight super fucking slowly. Yeah, I am telling you to squat and deadlift. I'm not saying jump in with 315 or even 135 but I am telling you to get in there and do them with weight that is comfortable throughout the whole ROM without compensating by allowing your body to move incorrectly (The body will do all it can to make the movement easier/compensate).
I also highly recommend reverse hyperextensions and hyperextensions, preferably with the correct piece of equipment to do them but if that's not available do your best to improvise. I don't care if you need 6 Bosu balls and every bench in the place to build the equipment to do these on- DO THEM! No weight, just your bodyweight and CONTROL the motion both concentric and eccentric. Don't flail around, you're likely to impinge something doing that.
Also, probably most importantly, begin stretching. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
take up Yoga if it's available, or Pilates because I almost guarantee the fucked up hip has led to fucked up pelvic tilt (Probably lateral and anterior) which will fuck your shit up bad and give you a lot more pain than you need.
And lastly, I am pretty sure if you ask your primary doctor to write a script to get PT then they will do it and a PT could help you a lot.

That doesn't sound like a story user. Give us the details.

What would cause someone to need a hip replacement

1000lb squats and deadlifts

I mean, I'll give you the story but it's honestly boring as hell. When I was in middle school, I was doing PE, slipped and fell, and landed on my hip. I walked it off for the day but at the end of it, I could barely take a 2-inch step, so I knew something was wrong. I went the the ER, got an x-ray, and was told everything is fine (just rest). two days later, I got a fever and went back to the ER; they told me the fever is probably just from inflammation, and that there's no fracture. Two more days pass and I'm delirious, so I schedule an appointment with a surgeon and they find out that I did in fact have a fraction, and that it was now infected because it took so long to diagnose. Two surgeries to clear the infection, one surgery to put screws in (surgeon sucked, damaged my growth plate so my leg ended up being like 2 inches shorter). Two months later, the pain got worse and I found out that my femoral head had died completely. During this time, I was worse than a cripple; I couldn't even attend school for the next year. I had a surgery one year later to take out a screw and the doc decided to do another experimental procedure while he was in there that I did not authorize, which caused it to die off even faster. Surgery #5 was me facing the fact that I'm gonna be semi-crippled forever and getting a temporary implant that released antibiotics into the joint. Final surgery was the final hip replacement prosthesis, which is in me right now. The only real notable part of this that likely led to all of the complications was the fact that I spent nearly a week with an infected and fractured joint (had this been caught early, I could've taken antibiotics and been fine).

:(

The incompetency of the doctors is a whole nother story:
>fracture was not detected TWICE by two different docs (along with infection)
>I should have gotten a cast instead of three fat home-depot tier screws
>damaged growth plate
>doc did experimental procedure
>They almost operated the wrong leg when taking out a screw; I woke up with my opposite leg prepped (ie shaved and disinfected).
>Surgeon doing the replacement totally fractured my upper femur while drilling the insertion point in the final surgery

The worst part is that no lawyer wanted to help me pursue damages because nothing was absolutely 100% clear cut under all perspectives.

On the bright side, it made for a hell of a college entrance essay.

That's awesome man, I'm glad you were able to get past that. Unfortunately, the PT stuff that was given to me was super basic; just standard omnidirectional leg lifts that don't really build a great deal of muscle.

OP is human embodiment of Bad Luck Brian, have a bump

Oh I forgot to mention, you're spot on on the pelvic tilt, I have extreme tilts, both lateral and anterior. The thing is, my doctor said that there's a huge risk of dislocation while doing yoga with a hip replacement. How exactly did you get that fixed? I've been trying to resolve my tilt for so long but haven't found anything helpful yet.

>Bad Luck Brian

Is this the incompetent doctor thread?
>mother spends 7 years feeling various degrees of shit, getting checked out at hospitals
>find nothing
>year 6 or so one doctor even says he'd eat his own shoes if it was gallstones(didn't even check)
>next doctor lightly taps her stomach once, says it's gallstones
>uses some technomagic to make absolutely sure
>6 week waiting list
>4 weeks later she gets into the ER, they finally fix that shit
>largest gallbladder they'd ever seen, size of a fist, stone the size of a small egg
Me
>tell dentist I want my wisdom teeth out since it feels like my teeth are moving
>no they aren't, that would be extremely painful
>huh, ok
>tooth alignment like a fucking shark now, and an open bite
Friend's mother
>huge FUCK YOU cancer all over
>dies while waiting 2 months to get a morphine pump installed to ease the pain
God bless public health care.

Looks like earphone.

Jesus christ lad. Did you sue the morons who misdiagnosed you?

God damn, all this pain and suffering and you don't even have a story to tell
I feel for you

not sure what you'd think you'd be missing out on. I literally got better leg development from sets of 30 with 50 kg leg press, extensions, and split squats than from squatting 200 kg

Was the dentist CIA?
Are you a big guy?

Canada?

f

Sweden.

I tried, but no lawyer wanted to take the time to prove that the outcome would have been different if I had not been misdiagnosed

this happens all too often unfortunately.
my dad told me about a black kid he knew when he was a kid that had a broken arm and got turned away from the ER with a bag of ice.
went back 2 weeks later and by then he needed to get his arm amputated.