Is it true that lifting stunts growth? When should I start my child in the gym?

Is it true that lifting stunts growth? When should I start my child in the gym?

Other urls found in this thread:

sectiononewrestling.com/documents/youth_wrestling_develop_athlete_champion_wrestler.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nah it's not true but there isnt too much point below 14 or so as they lack the hormones to properly build muscle

Fuaaaark mirin baby

this, work on building the base, cardio, flexibility and building good habits, that being said lifting is never a bad things when done right.

>This

before that kids should just be playing sports and shit, riding bikes climbing trees and stuff.
all you gotta do is feed them well and makes sure they go outside and they will be healthy as fuck

If it's something they think is fun then whenever they want to.

Whenever they've seriously hit puberty. My brother got a full man beard with connectig goattee at 13. So he was fune to start lifting his freshman year of highschool.
Me on the otherhand, I didn't even really start puberty until I was almost 17. I started lofting at 18.

Everyone is different, even those who share incredible genetic similarities. But you should never force them to go to the gym. Just make sure they find something active that they enjoy.

I started my child fresh out of the womb.

That poor kid is going to have a hell of a bad time when he hits his teen years.

Anyway, don't let them lift seriously till they are 15.
When they are young, going outside to play be active and eating well and being hydrated are important things for them to learn.
An orgainized sport would be good but them knowing that physical activity is fun is even better.
Then I'd start them off with basic bodyweight stuff like pushups chinups situps squats bridges etc and start teaching them how to move and lift relatively heavy things occasionally.
Bend with your knees not your back push with your entire body etc etc.
Then teach them correct running and sprinting.

LATER if they decide they want to get stronger or built or whatever THEN I'll teach them proper lifting and basic strength, strength endurance, endurance, and bodybuilding stuff.
Then I'll break the news that all athletes are drug addled fucktards and all of the heroes/heroines he/she looked up to are on drugs as well.

There's nothing wrong with learning how to lift at a young age, and done properly it does not stunt growth. There simply isn't any proof to support this claim except anecdotes about short powerlifters. However a pre-teenager shouldn't focus on this but rather and and .

>all athletes are drug addled fucktards

Depends on the sport and what the limiting factors are. If the limiting factors are strength then yeah they're probably on PEDs. If the limiting factor is skill then it's likely they're clean if they are regularly tested.

I know I'm stronger and have better endurance than quite a lot of international cricketers but they are miles more skillful than I. Genetic freaks will also be more prevalent in professional sports so the demographics are skewed.

The biggest way to tell if an athlete is on PEDs is a sudden increase in form based on endurance or strength. Mo Farah is a good example of this.

>Depends on the sport and what the limiting factors are. If the limiting factors are strength then yeah they're probably on PEDs. If the limiting factor is skill then it's likely they're clean if they are regularly tested.

Name five sports.
Just five
I will tell you what drugs they are on.

Let your kids be outside and play, climb trees and stuff before they can start gaining serious muscles. Makes tehm strongkh

I started at 15 and at 18 years old im 5'8" while my identical twin is 5'9" and he didnt lift but he did sports.
I knew a group of guys who started young as well, 3 of them are 5'6-5'7" now but one guy is over 6'
I really dont know anymore

I'm not playing this game because ultimately it comes down to different levels of cynicism.

Sure some athletes, maybe even most will be on PEDs.

It doesn't make them any less of a role model though. A shit load of people on PEDs never become good enough to be professional.

1. Ping Pong
2. Curling
3. Horce Racing
4. Chess
5. Natty Bodybuilding

>Checkmate fucktard

cricket (although fast bowlers get prescribed NSAIDs almost permanently because they play too often and get injured)
badminton
archery (although they probably take beta blockers...)
shooting

>lesbian parents

I knew it as soon as i saw that photo. Is it really a "coincidence" that all lesbians who raise boys end up with emasculated, effeminate kids who often claim theyre trans at, like, age 8? I wish i could take a baseball bat to these dykes for pushing that fucked up shit onto their kids and turn their sons into daughters because they're all men-hating cunts.

let your children do team sport

it keeps them fit, they gain social skills and are mostly around the "cooler" kids. That's much better than being an jacked autist at 16

why not both

could be to much
They want to have fun and play outside

but if they are really interested and have fun doing it sure, why not both.

1.Adderal and hgh
2. Adderal and hgh
3.Pain killers and low doses of test
4.Adderal and speed
5.Steroids, stupid.

Young teens have fantastic recovery, just let them sleep as much as they need and fill them with food and they're basically unbreakable unless they do stupid shit like fall out trees or run head first into things.

>speed

There are way more effective nootropics they'll be using.

>Bend with your knees not your back
momscience

>2. Curling
lol wtf they have their own sport now??? fucking hell their arms must be disproportionate as fuck

kek'd

This senpai, diet is the biggest determinant of height for young children. If you don't feed your kid he will become a manlet.

Go back you woman hating retard. The world would do better if some more "feminine" qualities were emphasized.

Good nutrition is more to focus on than exercise (while I don't deny it).
To relate, my cousins grew up doing sporty shit 100% of their time since age 4.I mean, always. Whenether they got free time they go surfing, skating, kiting, doing some crazy shit.
Now the older one is 16 and is a 4'9 thinlet but BRAIDED as fuark.

I wish I could tell if you were trolling or not.

You've been on the internet too long. Go outside.

>Is it true that lifting stunts growth?
if the child commits to a very hard and exerting regimen, yes. but this is not an isolated response to lifting in particular, but every form of hard training.
>When should I start my child in the gym?
whenever he/she wants to. focus on very slow progression, comprehensive / versatile and basic motor pattern learning (run, throw, twist, crawl, climb, jump, lift etc). make it playful and enjoyable on the childs own terms and you're set to developing your own private Übermensch. mini competitions, intuitive coaching and imagination is key.
needless to say this puts enormous responsibility on the qualities and competence of the coach (parent?).
Good luck / sport science user

pic semi unrelated

League of legends, Dota 2, Starcraft 2, Overwatch, cs:go.

High level ones are on adderal and/or high quantities of caffeine.

that picture should be considered child abuse

whoa thought that was a dude from the thumbnail

It was, a long time ago.
As a matter of fact, men and women used to punish their kids by doing this.

Literally how?

This. Age is a meme, judge by their puberty stages. I started puberty really late too and I had great nutrition as a kid. I started lifting at 19 because I started to get taller at 16 and didn't want to jinx it.

>This

How do I convince my son to not play video games? I have nothing against them but they're not a really good habit and as a kid it's pretty hard to moderate their use. I don't want to forbid him from playing them since that would obviously make him want to play them even more, atleast I know that I would do as a kid.

Tell them if he doesn't go outside and play that you'll take a sledgehammer to the game.
And make sure he has something to do outside except play on a handheld console or smart device.

He'll get the message.

put a time limit on it and take the cord away

Underrated

Are you kidding me? You're the parent, YOU can moderate their use. Your kid gets to play games for x amount of time a day. After that he'll have to find something else to do.

Just make sure his first game is halo and he'll never touch a console again

Retard.

>Kasparov on fucking speed during a tournament
Now that is something I'd like to see.

Manlet with feminine bone structure here.

Can confirm this. I still don't understand why my parents did this to me.

> I have nothing against them
> but they're not a really good habit
> ???

Hope you raised your kid to be more coherent than you.

If you think your child spends too much time on videogames, just give him a limit on when he's allowed to play them. Just remember to be somewhat generous. Giving someone too little time a week to play videogames is almost worse than banning them for fostering resentment.

If you don't want him playing videogames *at all* you're an idiot, no different to those parents who tried to stop their kids from playing rock music.

Finally, you sure as hell better have the same attitude towards television.

If you spend as much or more time watching TV than your kid spends on games then you're a total hypocrite and shouldn't be restricting him of it.

Nothing wrong with television of course, but videogames at least have you interacting rather than passively watching.

> TL;DR - All media has its strengths, and some people prefer different ones. As a lifelong avid reader, i wouldnt personally argue that games are 'inferior' to books as a medium.

The issue shouldn't be that he's enjoying a medium, just that he's doing it to the point where its damaging other parts of his life. If you're restricting him based on nothing more than a vague gut feeling you're just being an overcontrolling asshole.

Ah fuck.

This was meant for:

Wew lad

Dressing up a little boy like hilary fucking clinton, think of how fucked up and how much therapy he's gonna need. He'll be like jaden smith

It's child abuse in my opinion

It's clear the child wanted to do that.

kys if you're not trolling

>bawwwww I can't get laid so clearly women are the problem
lel

I'll have you know I have at least 300 confirmed fucks

Do something with him, stupid. When I was a kid, my parents would make me go outside to play, but there were no kids to play with, and we were too poor to own shit to play with, so it was play with dirt, climb a tree, shit like that. It doesn't really offer any entertainment value at all.

I stopped playing games when I stopped being bored, make sure he doesn't get bored.

I wish I knew how to stunt growth so I wouldn't end up 195cm 6'3"

Too tall

>If you don't want him playing videogames *at all* you're an idiot, no different to those parents who tried to stop their kids from playing rock music.

Faggot, grow up.
If they don't want their kid to play games then they don't want them to play games. Besides, games don't teach shit anymore and it's all subtle indocrinating trash.

>son

That penis is microscopic, even for an infant

>muh everything is good in moderation
no, it's not, videogames and television are garbage that turn kids into couch potatoes

as for how to get him to stop playing them, don't buy any in the first place

anythim i see pictures like this or of numales in general it motivates me that much more to lift harder and
destroy ewrything thats feminine about myself and give people that enable this feminization a long cold death stare with my psycho eyes

I started lifting at 13....

Casual workouts to keep fat under control and blood pumping is better for kids.
They really shouldn't be lifting weights at all (I mean the can, but it matters little).
For starters too much physical activity during their growth spurts can change the genetic design for the skeleton and muscles.
Secondly your kid will not be able to amass any level of muscles with their baseline testosterone and HGH at that point.
Once your child hits their first major growth spurt going into puberty, you can talk about weightlifting than.
They can casually move up more and more weights as they continue to get larger. Ensuring good bone density and muscle growth.
It will also ensure they don't overdue anything, as they don't need to be lifting weights at adult level or higher until near the end of puberty.
Your job isn't to try and get a head start and make your kid stronger than full grown men (though he will likely be considering how little men are lifting now). You're suppose to ensure he is baseline good.
So if he decides he wants to be in specific physical activities he can easily swap over to lifting or working out for those activities.

This picture makes me want to die

Horse Jockeys use diuretics, clen, albuterol, anything they can to keep weight low. The horses themselves are basically a toxic waste dump before and after the race, but nobody cares cause it's a horse.

No issue with starting out in GPP and multi sport practice much younger than that. See the chart at the end. sectiononewrestling.com/documents/youth_wrestling_develop_athlete_champion_wrestler.html

Keep that argument in mind when you go to court for fucking and 8 year old

only let your son play Spec Ops; The Line

Either he becomes a PTSD ridden wreck from WP'ing civilians at age 8, or he becomes a mini Duke Nukem

On second though, just groom him to be Duke Nukem. We'll need men like Duke

>this projection
wew

Obviously you where a mistake, they wanted a girl so they tried to make you one. Why are you dissapointing them user the least you could do is become a trap

Give him shit to do. But him a bow. A fucking sick ass scooter. Don't overparent if he does fun stupid shit like climbing dirt mountains at construction sites.

You should get your kid into sports while they're younger, and then encourage them to lift once they hit puberty.

Fortunately your 8 year old son cannot vote.

Generally lifting does not stunt growth, but there is a big fucking exception in that statement:
If the child is malnourished or doesn't get the micros it needs then lifting will exacerbate deformities and, yes, stunted growth that come with bad nutrition in children. In those cases of insufficient or poor nutrition - the body is unable to compensate for the added stress of lifting like it would in a well fed kid.

I read a study where they looked at kids doing hard labour in places like Vietnam, south America etc. most of the kids who ate shit diets ended up with below average height - even when compared to kids that had the same kind of diet but didn't do hard labour. Then they looked at kids who also did heavy manual labour but ate plentiful and varied diets - they were marginally taller and healthier than kids who ate the same stuff but didn't work.

>1. Nutrition
>....
>2. Rest and stress minimization
>3. Exercise.

read the sticky faggot

expose him slowly to more outdoors/exercise stuff

I played a ton of vidya as a kid, never went outdoors, etc.

my parents got me snowboarding around Grade 8, started playing water polo in Grade 10, now in uni and I rarely play video games (~2 hours every couple of weeks) and instead go to the gym regularly, do school work, spend time with friends, read, almost anything other than gaming.

if you force him to stop he'll resent you and just try to play more games, happened to me when my dad tried to stop me gaming in middle school.

ease him into sports/outdoorsy stuff and eventually he'll realize on his own how fun it is and will start doing that more and vidya less

>assuming he's not a fucking dumbass

Get him into olympic lifting and get some gold for america.

Holy shit this.
At a young age kids want nothing more than to hang out with their parents. Do outdoorsy stuff with them and they will love outdoorsy stuff. Read with them and they will love reading. Put them in front of the tv and you have only yourself to blame

Reading is absolutely superior to video games. The multi millennium cultural canon is always going to win over the fifty year tradition mostly created by social outcasts ire faceless corporations.
Nigga you went full retard

What are growth plates?

Special weights you use during squats to grow.

They have an inbuilt spring mechanism that enables you to cheat on physics using momentun - basically you return to a higher starting position at the end of the rep than at the beginning of the rep.

MODS

jesus CHRIST those LATS