Is there an exercise you don't do at the gym because you fear people will think you're a tard ?

Is there an exercise you don't do at the gym because you fear people will think you're a tard ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=in1hwXytpfM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no because i'm not a beta nu-male low-test faggot cuck.

>caring what other people think of you in the gym
I get some strange looks any time I do landmine exercises, but I give my fair share of strange looks watching people do dumbbell overhead presses on the bosu ball in the gym's only squat rack.

bicep curls

Glute bridges. I want a big butt. (no homo)

>naturally aesthetic due to sports, didn't need gym
>suffer bad breakup
>end up 300 pounds
>decide to go to gym to help feels and get in shape
>literally every machine, I was a fucking autist and had no idea
youtube.com/watch?v=in1hwXytpfM
>figure I'd hire a PT to start me off and help out
>briefly tell him my life, no specifics
>PT determined to help me out
>PT tells me to keep at it because he will be gone for a week
>brother drags me to bar later that night
>see ex with PT
>mfw they probably laughed about me
>mfw I paid for their drinks

It's been 6 years and I developed a gym phobia. Every time I think about squats, I imagine PT drilling my ex while they both laugh.

What muscle does that work?

Overhead javelin press

That's retarded. If you wanna do that, just use a sandbag.

Thats the dumbest exercise ever. The bar isnt even more than 70pounds, whats the point? Just clean a db onto your shoulder.

I do this shit everyday for work carrying beams and studs and let me tell you that you dont need to train for that kind of stuff.

>hip thrusts

>0:56
just put that song on my phone and will do the same run on friday. majestic as fuck

i saw 2 guys doing 3pl8+ glute bridges yesterday. i don't think it's too uncommon.

Idk about you man, but instagram is filled with people doing all kinds of retarded things in the gym.
So if there is a stupid looking exercise you wana do just film it and somehow it's okay. Don't forget your hashtags though #beastmode #getit #gymlife

Pin squats, block pulls, rack pulls, stiff legged deadlifts.

>that dyel doing hip thrusts

you need to care about a lot of things before glutes son

This and Z press I didn't do for a long time, but I started doing curls every Saturday when no one can see me and I stopped giving a fuck and just started Z pressing.

What's wrong with bicep curls?

It's embarassing. I don't want to be a curlbro.

i'm pretty sure people laughs more at your squats than your curls, people don't know shit

I'm afraid to go a2g because last time I split the seat of my squatting jeans.

i just do weighted chins now

Curls has actually improved my bench Tbh

That's a good first muscle to build though. It would help with deadlift, squats, and getting pounded in the arse

Neck curls and neck extensions.
I have a pencil neck but oh well I'm too autistic to change it

Am currently waiting for a slow day at the gym to figure out how to deadlift and ohp. I think I understand the form, just got to do it. No idea how much weight though.

>dl: your squat
>ohp: lol gl try 90-1pl8

Start with your bodyweight on the bar. Dont forget your lifting sandals!

>Squatting jeans

Is this a meme

>naturally aesthetic
>due to sports

i'm guessing it's a way to pick up a bar if you want to squat with it no rack.
i have done similar. but it was more like lift up one end bend in adjust to back muscles and pull bar straight as i do first squat.

I THINK it is, but I'm not sure, I've seen it before though. Maybe someone's trying to force something

I just googled z press, never seen it before, do you feel it is better than ohp? Plz tell me
More about this new press, thank you

I feel it hits the shoulders harder and it got me through a plateau on my ohp. It requires a little less abs too so it's great if you tired yourself out earlier in the workout.

You won't be able to Z press as much as you OHP.

>It requires a little less abs too
lol no, you're leaning too far back if you think that.

squats

Glute bridges, my ass is underdeveloped and I want some accessory work to go with squatting
I would do them regularly if the exercise didn't look hilarious

No man, I'm not leaning at all, I might just have not braced hard enough yet. But I feel it much more in the abs standing up

>that feel when you don't do chin ups at the gym because you're a manlet, and the bar is too high

Feels bad man

p-people laugh at squats?

that's hilarious

Just jump from some plates or a box. It's really not that big of a deal.

Fucking jump you idiot

too white to jump more than 2' vertical

Pls no bully

I could reach the bar, there's a bench under it for that purpose, but I have too much pride

are you a dwarf?

I do pull ups with a box because i use weight

no fucks given

I have even fell down from the box and landed on my ass like two times already

I broke a box one time too

This one
Every time i try, people at the gym get scared and start crying.

I went to do squats one day, and the guy in the power rack was doing ohp with kettlebells with rubber bands attached. I have been lifting at the gym for a year and a half, and I have never seen this done so I didn't know what to think. A gym staff member and a gym rat went up to him and asked wtf was going on. Apparently it is in his routine so they just w/e and walked away.

Does Veeky Forums know anyone that does this?
>pic related

Changes the center of gravity, maybe?

More difficult to stabilize the bar I guess.

sumo deadlifts

You will end up in one of those asian sperg's videos. Innneeeeeeeeeer ciiiiiiiiityyyyyyy

I noticed while he was doing it he was wobbling and shaking as he was pressing. I am not sure if this is good thing to do or not.

Yes, seems like big risk for little reward.

That story is hilarious

Is this an exercise for people who can't afford squat racks

Makes it more difficult to stabilize the bar, requires greatest tension, etc. I'm surprised he wasn't squatting on a bosu ball with a hurricane bar, what a fucking meme.

Pendlay rows. I still do them, but people give me the pic related look. I thought it'd be more common because of SL but not at my gym apparently.

Not a fucking problem when you're home gym master race

Yes, invented by a clinically insane chiropractor in the 19th century.

that's because you're lifting a meme, bro

do dumbbell rows instead

sounds like you have no pride desu

Just put a plate on each side and practice your form. There's no need to do any seriously heavy weight if you're still figuring it out. There's guys at my gym who grunt while deadlifting 95 pounds and nobody gives a shit.

why

Bent over rows are more common. If your form is really strict then theyre probably merlen. I got to a uni gym where theres a lot of asian oly lifters and only seen about 3 people do them. 2 of the frehsman had a rounded back (probably just starting SL) and the other guy was strict pendlay rowing 185 it was based as fuck. I can only row 155 strict for 5 though.

LOL still havent accepted your short? Im 5'7 and I just grab a box and step on it and then do the fucking exercise. It not that big of a deal. Get over it faggot.

i feel a bit silly when i do negative chin-ups, but i do them anyway

the most tard thing is avoiding an exercise that will give you gains because you care about what strangers will think of you

Cheat curls. I wanna try them to get them Arnold biceps but they look stupid as shit

I do this and people stare every time. *everytime*

alot of big benchers like mark scott mendelson etc. do this. It's a lot more difficult then you think because it makes your stabilizers work harder. I think Westside was the first to implement it because they do alot of accessories and variations with this sort of stuff but then crossfit caught on and just made it into a joke. Still a legit excercise

*mark bell

Don't let the pain cripple you. Keep fighting and don't stop until you make it.

deadlifting without shoes on because I wear squat shoes

I still do take off my shoes but only if I can find a quiet corner where no one is looking

All of them. That's how you pick up boards in construction.

they laugh at curlbro's squatting babyweight.

>Home gym?

weighted pushups. imo THE best chest exercise for hypertrophy, but no one else does it and im afraid i'll look like a clown in this new gym im going to

>Taking three (3) benches
>Feet on weighs
>meme pl8 on meme back for a meme exercise

I would bully him so hard in the shower

>Is there an exercise you don't do at the gym because you fear people will think you're a tard ?
squats

>all those buzzwords

Its sounds like you are exactly that user