A fledgling Historians dilemma

Ok Veeky Forums, I've got a problem,

I've recently obtained a large amount of books from a student who clearly stole them from the University library of the school I go to. The problem is that she and her friends made it pretty clear that they were going to burn them for being "problematic" and "encouraging a legacy of racism", these books being mainly about South Africa, the Boer wars, Cecil Rhodes, and the colonization of Southern Rhodesia and Northern Rhodesia. Many of the books justify the existence of such states and talk about life there.

I was over with a friend and they were talking about how for the past month or so, they would walk into the library and cut the tags off the books then walk out with them in their bags. They planned on burning them all on the 5th of December since that's when Mandela died or some shit. Well I just took the stack and walked out.

Now the problem is i'm afraid to give them back because i'm afraid they'll just get them back and burn them. Advice?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A_WULUflGcQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Man, I fucking hate students of humanistic sciences.
t. student of humanistic sciences

itt things that didn't happen

Murder them

It shouldn't even be a question that they should be returned to the library, and the theft should be reported to the police.

/thread

Don't you fucking dare. If you give a single toss about what history stands for you will not idly stand by and risk that happening.

Go and tell the library staff. Right now. Fucking idiot.

IMMEDIATELY return the books and tell the library staff and the principal all about it.

Tell the campus PD/dean/ whatever before returning them to the library. Or better yet, hold onto em until you know they're safe to return, but only after doing the first step.
Or you could send them to a friendly user looking to expand his library, cough cough hint hint hjdero @ rocketmail.com

I'm not fucking keeping them, jesus. I'm heading back to Uni Friday, I just wanna know how I should handle this the girl made it sound like she had multiple people doing this. Shit like this happened back when the election results got announced last November, cars got tipped and a bunch of library books got burned in dumpster fires.

I don't want to keep them, I just don't want to send a bunch of books that were written and printed during the 1800s to a fiery death.

Send them to me user. I live near the Yale Manuscripts Library and I'll be damned sure not to let those books fall in the wrong hands.

You're doing God's work, user. Just insist on the university keeping your identity anonymous. That way you'll avoid any trouble for yourself.

Those are the property of the library, you shouldn't request them.

Not like they're doing anything to protect them from rabid lefties.

titles:
>Great Boer War by A. Conan Doyle (I think THE A. Conan Doyle) *spine damaged*
>Fighting fo the Empire by James Otis
>The War in South Africa it causes and effects by James Atkinson Hobson and The War and it's causes by George Peabody Gooch.(one two books in one)
>Commando by J.C. Smuts
>On the South African Frontier by William Harvey Brown
>Boer and Britisher in South Africa: A history of the wars for United South Africa by John Ormond Neville.
>Southern Rhodesia by Percy F. Hone
>The Matabele Campaign:1896, Being a narrative of the Campaign in supressing the native Rising in Matabeleland and Mashonland by Colonel R.S.S Baden-Powell
>Pursuit of the King: an evaluation of the Shangani Patrol by John O'Reilly
>The Matabele War by Stafford Glass(University of Natal)
>Pre-Historic Rhodesia by Richard N. Hall

There's another one in my basement on a table that i'll dig out when i can find it but I got these back in November

damn those are some nice books. I could understand if they were all pissy about something like the Turner Diaries or some modern production book that's ardently pro-apartheid, but those are practically historical pieces themselves.

This would be like being mad at Heart of Darkness because it portrays the natives as racist caricatures.

Better to have your identity known and be an (concealed knife-armed) champion.

>I could understand if they were all pissy about something like the Turner Diaries
If you were an intellectual coward

Both of these.

tell the school they were gonna burn them and you were saving them. then give them back.

Remember when it was fascists burning books, not their alleged opposition? Good times, good times...

Don't let marxists erase our history.

youtube.com/watch?v=A_WULUflGcQ

Are people this retarded? History is always written from the perspective of the ruling party, deal with it, that doesn't give you a right to destroy their records.