How did you guys get into history?

how did you guys get into history?

pic for attention

you either find something interesting and read about it or you don't

I decided to read one of my textbooks in high school

the age of imperialism and unification of germany gave me a boner and I've been loving it ever since

Found out that 3 of my grandparents are Basque and start to look into them, next thing I knew I was trying to learn as much as I could about Old European peoples

Played COD 2 as a kid and was obsessed with weaponry and then it snowballed from there

Grew up in a 700 year old village next to a thousand year old town and was surrounded by old people talking about the past. Was sold when a teacher in 3rd grade asked us to bring a bible and gran gave me the family bible from the 1880s.

Video Games. As lame as that sounds. I played Age of Empires when I was a kid and wanted to learn more.

Watched Gladiator as a kid

When I Was 8 or so years old, I got some comics than had to do with our pre-romans natives. It was pretty rad, it had everything, titties, swords, armor, horses, battles, Hannibal Barca etc. I got hooked.

Desu Age of Empires and Total Ear got me into it.

>wow so there once was a war that like everyone fought on!?
>WOW THAT WAR HAD BATTLES, TANKS, DESTRUCTION, HEROS, VILAINS THATS SO COOL
>WOOOOOW THE REASONS THAT SPARKED THAT WAR HAVE THEIR OWN COMPLEX REASONS AND CAUSES THATS SO COOOOOL

the interest keeps growing until you become a history nerd

same here

Rome: Total war inspired me to read about rome, cause that game was lit af

URBAN COHORT

DOUBLE TIME

I always loved history. Idk why.

I watched Legend of the Galactic Heroes and asked on /a/ for similar recommendations. They said Honor Harrington, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, and real history. I read the first two but hesitated for a long time in reading real history because I never much cared for it in school. Then I picked up a book on the history of the papacy just to see if all those stories I saw on the Internet of Popes having sex were actually true, and it turned out that the past was absolutely nothing like what I thought it was, and I've been fascinated ever since

>be typical nerd with autism for fantasy like wow lore or lotr
>one day discover most fantasy stories are based on human history itself
>tfw human history is even better and more incredible than fantasy
>aknowledge some amateur shit like the life of Napoleon or bolshevik revolution
>get positive rewards when normies IRL praise me as if I was some sort of intelectual cause I know history

So basically because it satifies my autism without the manchild stigma.

Cause history is sex, war, aesthetic beauty, science, discovery and basically everything relevant to man.

Dragon Ball Z

The Horrible Histories book series made me interested in history when I was a kid. They were pretty good!

Picked up Rome Total War in the fourth grade.