/rgt/ Robinhood General Thread

Robinhood is a commission free stock trading app on iOS/Android

--Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on the cash and securities in Robinhood accounts, much like a bank collects interest on cash deposits and by collecting fees from robinhood gold.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are shit and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-shit for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2017/10/18/chipotle-downgraded-employee-pay.html
theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/markets/stocks/summary/?q=HIVE-X
twitter.com/AnonBabble

New thread

fuck. lol.

CEI

Rate my 1-2 week swings.
>Up $100 from Friday

>DXTR

Another one buys a Duster

Anyone got a play for Thursday?

Don't worry, you get an A for effort just for creating the new thread.

I bought some EBAY shares after hours today on a lark.

Been here since 1997 and this was the first time I've created a new one.

$OPGN thoughts? Presentation at a conference tomorrow

DXTR SHILLS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Should've eaited until tomorrow. It's going to hit the 34s at least when all the normies get in tomorrow and see a 5-6% loss in their portfolio

Damn. OG. I was caught up in the dotcom shitstorm in 1997 and didn't find this place till much later. Do you remember a website from those days called fuckedcompany.com?

I'm kidding. Veeky Forums didn't come to fruition until 2001 I think. However, I have been here for about 2 years. I remember when biz was created. haha. I've been on Veeky Forums since '09 or so. I don't remember that site though

>LXL
>$12-14
>Thursday
We are one of the world’s premium internet networks devoted to live music and music-related video content. We intend to fill a market void by becoming a central content, information and transaction hub for music consumers and industry stakeholders around the world.

>MDB
>$18-20
>Thursday
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform. Our platform unleashes the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build.

>REDU
>$12-14
>Friday
We operate in China’s junior ELT market, which refers to after-school English teaching and tutoring services provided by training institutions to students aged three to 18. We are a leader in China’s junior ELT market according to Frost & Sullivan, and we ranked second in 2016 with a market share of 10.7% in terms of gross billings in the premium segment.

>SE
>$12-14
>Friday
Sea has developed an integrated platform consisting of digital entertainment (focused on online games), e-commerce, and digital financial services (focused on e-wallet services), each localized to meet the unique characteristics of GSEA. We define GSEA as the combined region of Indonesia, Taiwan, Vietnam, Thailand, the Philippines, Malaysia and Singapore.

Which one you watching lads.

Maybe. I'm working with a trailing stop I can live with. It was already down close to 5% when I bought. I expect some chaos when the market opens, but my bet is that I'll get at least one good spike above my entry point. Not everything from the ER was negative.

I've been told my sense of humor is a bit off, no worries.

fuckedcompany was a kind of a renegade message board where people working for doomed dotcoms would come and post insider information about their fucked companies. I have heard it told that some folks made bank shorting shares based on what was posted there.

I've started moving all of my non long term funds into gld and slv.

Rip chipotle user
cnbc.com/2017/10/18/chipotle-downgraded-employee-pay.html

>MDB

I've used MongoDB for some projects. It has been a while since I used it, but it seemed to be catching on with the developer crowd. This is definitely one I am watching.

This pos can't maintain any momentum. What do you think the odds are I'll be playing another bounce off 300 next week?

Who holding BAC+B here?

feels bad man

I was planning to sell and buy back in on a dip but now im locked in

Yup, we fell for the Jewish tricks of the Robinhood BAC+B shill

we just built an app using mongodb late last year. didnt realize it's publicly traded. cool.

I'm actually the originally shill lol. I posted about it a few days before BAC earnings

Almost everyone got 15-25% gains from it too so eh. I had no idea robinhood would disable it.

I'm planning to hold until december now. There will be a moon mission if the fed raises interest rates then. BAC would hit $30+ end of year and B would go to $2-3

we need that again now that im able to invest/short

Anyone following HIVE on the Canadian TSXV exchange?

It's a new Bitcoin miner stock that did 600% since mid September this year.

theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/markets/stocks/summary/?q=HIVE-X

>There will be a moon mission if the fed raises interest rates then. BAC would hit $30+ end of year and B would go to $2-3

I sold out at 1.05, but I don't trust the Gains Goblin to hold til feds meeting.

>Total assets: $637,436
>Total liabilities: $3,562,260
>Net loss for the year: ($700,629)
>Market Cap: $663.89M

I'll pass.

>MNKD

Fuuuuuuck

PLX has an easy 10% in it the next two days. Gonna take those gains and buy more TRXC and BSTI before they leave the station next week

I enjoyed my experience with it. What devs like, devs will find a way to use.

Those were strange and glorious times. I seem to recall there was a book written about fuckedcompany, but I don't recall it being very good.

lmao the more I look at this company the more I realize what a piece of shit scam it is. 100% chance the owners are gonna use it as a personal piggy bank

Still room to make some money in MU, YY, and AMD. Get in.

Anybody else buy IBM back when we shilled it in June for Blockchain advancements?

Cause I just came.

Although 11% returns is jack shit compared to my shitcoins.

Stay pleb boys.

>I'm actually the originally shill lol.
Kek, thanks for the gains anyway. I'm not too bitter, I blame robincuck
Any other hot tips?

Were you here two years ago when I plugged AMD at 1.80? Amateur.

$NAK tomorrow

Nope, but I bought call options at $14.00 before earnings and didn't sell the next day.

Lost everything. Fuck Su pls.

Bump

None atm sry

If you ever get a good pick though dont forget to post it here. We'll all get to lamboland one day

>We'll all get to lamboland one day
I'm going for a Subaru outback, the most lesbian of cars.

lmao

Then I'm gonna move up to northern Minnesota with my Schnauzer, drink Scotch and do cocaine while staring at the lake until i die.

A cryptofaggot with a few questions here. Stock markets seem like the place to be after easy money eventually leaves crypto:
How long have you been trading?
How much money are you making?

Why now?

Damn what triggered that?

is it a UVXY day

today might be a pink day

vix futures up almost 4%

apparently some shit with spain and Catalonia trying to be independent

i think im just going to leave robinhood closed today and block notifications from it

they cant hurt me if im oblivious

hahahahahahahahahahaha

I just applied for an account two days ago with an initial transfer of $40k. I can't help but feel that transferring this much is going to raise some kind of red flag and I'm going to have to wait 2-3 weeks before they accept the application.

All I can do is wait and miss out on the steady blue chip gains...

Good morning guys.

Who recommended XON?

SPI gonna go down or to the moon?

>MongoDB

Definitely the meme IPO of the week.

How long do you baghold something waiting for it to go up before you just accept it's stagnant forever?

depends what kind of company it is

fun fact:

today is the 30th anniversary of the 1987 stock market crash

Biotech. It seems like it has a good pipeline, but they just never break through.

if you have done your research and you believe in the trial data then you can baghold for years

biotech is a long process before the company profitable

becomes*

The market cap is based on their ability to mine Ethereum at 100 Terahash/S. At current rates, that works out to $75 million per month.

US jobless claims at lowest level since the fuckin 70s

HAHA HOLY MOTHERFUCK THESE GAINS, THANK YOU ADHD, SO GLAD I DIDNT SELL YESTERDAY AT OPEN

VMIN going on sale later this week, we've been waiting a while for this.

they say it could go $2+

BOI

It's gonna dip come open
Everyone wants to lock in gains

This.

All aboard this one way ticket to the lamboland!

so sell at open then?

Holy shit UNIT is mooning i bought at like 15, what a time to be alive

>app is still unavailable in Europe

Yeah fuck off. I'm gonna spend my money on cryptos and ETFs.

My NAK call options going to be fucking awesome. I'm going to be able to buy 20000 shares for the low low price of a buck fifty.

>BOTZ

this stock is comfy as fuck

hold strong with me. im waiting until 10 am

jesus christ biz why am i holding 7500 shares of LODE

in my fucking bluechip acct no less

its not a stock

Give me some meme stocks that will get me a tesela

LODE

NAK's going to get cucked hard, the NAKholder tears on this board will be glorious.

today is supposed to be there day right user?

I wouldn't be so sure about that. We need to mine that uranium to make up for losing a fifth of our supply in that uranium one deal with Russia.

who /LODE/ here? Today we touch Mars, lads. Pump that volume. Let's go!

I believe so

When I transferred $30k into my etrade account I got a call from someone who works there thanking me for using their brokerage and telling me that they offer free investment guidance from their in-house financial advisers if I ever had any questions.

When I wire transferred $20k into my Interactive Brokers account I didn't get so much as an automated thank-you email. I don't think I got any correspondence when I wired $20k into my Ninjatrader / Phillip Capital account either.

ADHD. Already 2 million in pre-market volume and up around 50%.

Should i go all in at open?

MAGA

pre-market high is $1.88. Great news with a partnership with JnJ.

Stocks to moon today:

ADHD
IMUC
LODE
RWLK

Anyone else looking at XIV today after it took a hit because of Spain?

>tfw you don't know whether to sell your bags or buy more shares

I'd be cautious of RWLK. It's on the 5-cent tick program that the (((SEC))) says will limit volatility and protect investors.

I hate that crap, 5 cent spreads are way too much when a stock is trading under $2

>limit volatility and protect investors
More like lock people into their positions by making them unable to sell because of low volume.

DXTR will get bought out... right

>AMD opens 1.5% down

ugh, I know it's not really going to pop until it gets closer to earnings date but I still don't like seeing the red in my portfolio

Thank God EBAY is recovering