Veeky Forums twists

What were the biggest Veeky Forums twists your ever experienced?

Mine :
>The Roman Empire existed until 1452
>Judaism is actually not like christianism and islam at all
>The Roman Emperor was the actual religious head of the undivided roman church and then orthodoxy from almost the very beginning of the officialization of christianism up the fall of the ERE
>the Catholic Church was kind of good and pro-science most of the time
>The 19th century
>Victorian England was an ancap dystopia and the luddits were not evil anti-technologist but artisans doomed to multigenerational poverty and early industrial workers had an worse life than farmers at first
>The weirdness of the Bronze Age

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galatians_(people)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Judaism is actually not like christianism and islam at all
????

Judaism is an ethnoreligion only concerned with themselves, while Christianity and Islam want the whole world to join them.

>Roman Empire fell in 1806
>Nazi Germany's economy was less than ideal
>Franco was a good guy whose regime oversaw Spain becoming an economic powerhouse
>Russia was rapidly industrializing country before the revolution that deposed the monarchy
Those come to mind right now.

>Celts were fucking everywhere in the Classical World.
>They were even varangian-guarding all over the Middle East, being Bodyguards of Ptolemaic and Hebrew Kings.

>less than ideal
it was on the brink of fucking collapse if he didnt go to war with poland and the allies

>>Victorian England was an ancap dystopia
Do Americans not know this? Every time I hear people argue for (close to) complete deregulation of business and labor standards because it would maximize benefits or whatever my immediate thought is these niggas never read Dickens.

We had that. It sucked. It sucked so hard it spawned Marxism and we saw how that turned out.

I'd like to hear more about that.

>Christians persecute jews for thousands of years
>Turns out christianity itself is abrahamic religion

jews look to us goyim as cattle. They have no plans in sharing their chosen status to us

Islam holds a higher view of Christ than in Judaism. The talmud has some pretty crazy stuff in it.

>Was taught in school that Pre-Soviet Russia was horrible backward state in which people still lived in crypto-serfdom
>Turns out Russia from 1900 to 1914 was heavily industrializing and becoming more and more prosperous even competing with other great powers until The Great War, after it fell and Bolsheviks took power, it began to industrialize in 1928 under Stalin...
So much fucking lives and years were wasted for useless revolution...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galatians_(people)

>Joseph McCarthy, despite his flaws, was fundametnally a good guy and objectivly did nothing wrong, and the only reason he is continually depicted as a bad guy is because he went after hollywood communist and they are still butthurt about it

>Victorian England was an ancap dystopia
Things were great and improving for eevrybody back in those days

Yeah, McCarthy wasn't as bad as people say. Plus, he was really good friends with the Kennedy Family

Joseph McCarthy was a Soviet plant to discredit anti-communist politics in America by turning them into a farse.

>The Roman Empire existed until 1452
But that's wrong.

>>catholic church kind of good
lol
>>pro-science most of the time
Try sometimes when it didn't interfere with their idiotic doctrines.

NATO isn't a defensive alliance but a US tool to wage resource wars and expand their sphere of influence.

Similarly to this I always roll my eyes when people claim that the Papacy was a proponent of art and culture. To a point, yes, there is no denying the patronage members of the church paid to artists, with works being commissioned regularly. But this was tempered with a stifling control on the subject matter of said art, to the point where inquisitions were actually called on artists such as Veronese for things as mundane as painting the Last Supper in a fashion that wasn't agreeable with the church's sensibilities. Everything had to be about God/Catholic dominance.

The Roman Empire had contacts with the east asian popolations. They were like aliens for each other