Reuters: Backroom battle imperils $230 million cryptocurrency venture

>Backroom battle imperils $230 million cryptocurrency venture

Are you ready boys?

This is going to be a disaster.

Grab your popcorn.

reuters.com/article/us-bitcoin-funding-tezos-specialreport/special-report-backroom-battle-imperils-230-million-cryptocurrency-venture-idUSKBN1CN35K

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@arthurb/the-path-forward-eb2e6f63be67
twitter.com/CryptOrca/status/920835579507544064
coindesk.com/tezos-launch-50-million-venture-fund-boost-blockchain-growth/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

> the venture is now in danger of falling apart because of a battle for control playing out behind the scenes, Reuters has learned.

lol I was so close to giving a BTC to these fucks too. dodged a bullet

Well done
if you want a coin with voting/governance, go for something like Decred... at least it's not an ICO scam

medium.com/@arthurb/the-path-forward-eb2e6f63be67
>In early September we became aware that the president of the Tezos Foundation, Johann Gevers, engaged in an attempt at self-dealing, misrepresenting to the council the value of a bonus he attempted to grant himself.
yikes.

funny how they marked this shit as being fork/dispute resistant. the tech seems interesting, even just for the code itself, but holy fuck is their team/talent a complete shitshow.

twitter.com/CryptOrca/status/920835579507544064

chek'd

shady as hell hitbtc tezos IOUs haven't really moved. is the market now expecting a delay past the settlement date of the futures contract? pic related

The founder was paying themselves through some shell company via licensing. Everyone knew it was a scam from the get go.

glad i read the futures contract thoroughly back in the day and dodged that one. phew

In today's age, any publicity is good publicity. Once they remove this shady guy I think it will be business as normal.
As for the delayed release, whatever, nearly every coin is experiencing delays in some form.

> Run by Jews who previously worked at Goldman Sachs
I hope everyone who bought in loses every cent, same with the bancies, they deserve it.

You know there is good chance that Satoshi is Jewish?

the more they delay the more they fall in obscurity. it will be even tougher to catch ethereum as more tokens and projects launch that interface with it, although tezos is the only interesting ethereum "competitor" out there, neo is a chinkcoin, waves has no traction, strat uses C# (and also has no traction), and EOS will get abandoned a year down the line like bitshares and steem did.

I agree.
Delays are not great. However, they are better than seeing another DAO fiasco.
I'm not worried yet with this project but if it's delayed much past Feb I won't be happy.

i missed out on the ICO so i have no skin in the game, other than a huge ethereum position. i am curious because a blockchain in erlang sounds interesting with the security you get, i couldn't give a fuck about the "anti-fork" "governance" bullshit, because everyone knows it won't work like that, and if it ever got as bit as ethereum or bitcoin there would be absolutely be at least one contentious fork.

i just want it to get listed on exchanges sooner rather than later because without that you can't judge any real interest in the project, and for something that relies so heavily on outside developers using the platform, without those it's going nowhere.

[citation needed]

I don't remember Satoshi waxing poetic about the foreskin vampires

They seem to have outside developers covered here. Who knows though. Wasn't exactly expecting to see this Reuters article pop-up out of no where.
coindesk.com/tezos-launch-50-million-venture-fund-boost-blockchain-growth/

Ov Vey

Anti semitic thread!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH HOLY SHIT SO SORRY IF YOU INVESTED IN ICO SO SORRY SO SORRY SO SORRY

yeah, microsoft also tried that, look how it worked out for windows phone. you cant just throw money at the problem, they have a good differentiating feature set, but theyre letting ethereum run away with the prize.

With jews you lose. Every time.
Same

>he doesn't know about metaverse

its just another chinkcoin, right? you can lump it with neo. there's no global market for either.

I'm a total naive fucking rube and even I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole