github.com/LiskHQ/lisk/commits/development
github.com/neo-project/neo/commits/master
github.com/omise/omise-go/commits/master
github.com/NemProject/nem.core/commits/master
github.com/amjuarez/bytecoin/commits/master
www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/53290.wss
github.com/mvs-org/metaverse/commits/master
github.com/neo-project/neo/commit/ad8e6154a8a1dd0b573eccb848906cd80ad07e01
themerkle.com/ibm-and-stellar-team-up-for-south-pacific-blockchain-banking-effort/
fortune.com/2017/10/16/ibm-blockchain-stellar/
cryptovest.com/news/ibm-and-stellar-announce-blockchain-banking-project---stellars-lumens-jumps-160/
linkedin.com/pulse/stellarorg-time-closer-look-jesse-lund
twitter.com/jesselund
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

whales manipulating to shake weak hands.

I fully expect it to go to the moon. I mean, come on it's a rocket. Stellar LUMENS. IBM

Sorry.

whales are accumulating just keep buying ;)
whales are looking out for your best interests, don't worry anons

I hope so

I have a 750 bagger

AAAAAAAAAA ITS CRASHING SELL SELL SELL

antshares did this exact same thing and then it went 8x.

Be patient, hodl, buy more. Seriously.

probably just lower volume for a couple days before another pump. could correct to like 500 sats I think but we'll see.

yeah don't worry its just like antshares, who WOULDN'T want to hold lumens?

let me key you into a little secret on determining whether a coin has a future.

Go to google and type, " + github" and then click "commits"

Here are some legitimate projects:
> github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/commits/master
> github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commits/master
> github.com/stellar/stellar-core/commits/master
> github.com/ripple/rippled/commits/develop
> github.com/monero-project/monero/commits/master
> github.com/dashpay/dash/commits/master
> github.com/LiskHQ/lisk/commits/development

Notice, they have thousands of commits, detailed commit messages, and a lot of merging messages that suggest a healthy development workflow with a lot of divided developers.

Here are some shitcoins:
> github.com/neo-project/neo/commits/master
> github.com/omise/omise-go/commits/master
> github.com/NemProject/nem.core/commits/master
> github.com/amjuarez/bytecoin/commits/master

Do you notice how neo/antshares only had 300 and the commit messages seem to be written by a retard? Do you notice how that isn't the case for any of the legitimate currencies?

If you're investing in something that doesn't have actual code behind it, you're a moron. Just because a currency has a lot of commits doesn't mean that it's the next bitcoin, but at least there's something to it. It's a starting point, not proof.

Stellar has smart people behind it, some commercialization, and it's worth investing in.

I should make a thread about analyzing commit messages in repos. There are people that are so stupid on this forum that they might actually not know about this already.

Mizuho Financial Group holds assets in excess of $1.8 trillion US dollars through its control of Mizuho Bank, Mizuho Corporate Bank, and other operating subsidiaries.[1] The company's combined holdings form the second largest financial services group in Japan. Its banking businesses rank second in Japan after Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group and the 15th in the world by total assets as of March 2017.[2] It is the 90th largest company in the world according to Forbes rankings as of May 2017

Interesting. I was not aware of this. But I have to ask, how has it served you in actual practice?

You are a brainlet.

Yes Github can be a source to find out development etc. but it is not everything.

Cant wait for your pink wojacks

why fud unless you have something to gain

really activated my noodle

TD Bank, N.A. is the 10th-largest bank in the US by total assets ($343 B

Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Inc holds assets of around US $1.8 trillion and is one of the largest financial institutions in the world.

and?

Chainlink... not a single commit since July. Lol. I like this guy's premise.

and these are some of the banks involved
www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/53290.wss

>plummets to 570 sats
>whales finally buy in because they can get 7x gains when it hits 4k sats (4000/7=570)

you have been warned. we're about to leave the fucking stratosphere cunts

im so confused... is this coin XLM or STR?

I believe its listed under both depending on exchange.

I'm a brainlet?

HE'S LEARNING!!!!

Don't know about TD bank, but the Mitsui group have their finger in the pie of OMG giving them a strategic investment of 30 million.

> Based out of Japan
> Japan looking to go cashless by 2020 Olympics
> OMG rumored to be partnering with FeliCa
> FeliCa (Pasmo/Suica) are everywhere in Japan
> OMG will facilitate instant/fluid currency exchange using their DEX
> Wrap your noodle around that

Never knew boiled cabbage could become sentient.

No clue about this until now

You guys live in another reality. They just got a partnership with IBM. It doesn’t take much cells to figure out that it will go x10 S O O N

It got a mini moon but there is more news coming which will bring it further into the limelight.

I took profits at the peak of IBM news and left original investment to ride. Feeling comfy.

Nothing comes up for Metaverse

It's going to take forever to implement this shit tho

github.com/mvs-org/metaverse/commits/master

They have no software. Things need to be written before they can be used. Take your rumors and shove them up your ass.

I'm being sarcastic. Let's address your point.

> Yes Github can be a source to find out development etc. but it is not everything.
"github" has nothing to do with it. I'm not drawing attention to the forks or stars or PRs or readmes or issues. I'm talking about the closest thing to a tangible product here: code and commits.

It's not about "github", it's about how they use git. It's about the repository and the practices that come along with doing professional software development. Take this, for example.

github.com/neo-project/neo/commit/ad8e6154a8a1dd0b573eccb848906cd80ad07e01

There is not a single legitimate reason why he should be pushing commits that need to be immediately fixed in the next commit. It never should have been pushed. This doesn't happen in large successful software projects. It happens when you're a novice to revision control and don't understand how to use it properly. It comes from grad students who have taken dozens of courses but never had to actually make a polished piece of software. It comes when only one or two people are working on a project and they don't care about other contributors who have to deal with the fallout of their lack of maintenance and history and documentation for why changes were made. This is done by people who don't know what they're doing.

It's about the amount of commits and the quality of the commits. It's a litmus test that ought to serve as a tremendous red flag.

I'm not a brainlet. Fuck you.

It was specifically mentioned that the use of Lumens by IBM would be temporary. Guess you missed that part.

They said it was a trial run, not temporary.

Yea and it was never mentioned that anyone would use XRP

>It is expected the banks will only use Lumens as a temporary measure, depending on how things go in the long run. Rest assured we will see central bank digital currencies make an appearance at some point in the future.

themerkle.com/ibm-and-stellar-team-up-for-south-pacific-blockchain-banking-effort/

>According to Lund, though, the banks use of Stellar’s digital currency is likely to be temporary. He predicts that, in the next year, central banks will begin issuing digital currencies of their own

fortune.com/2017/10/16/ibm-blockchain-stellar/

>According to an announcement, IBM and Stellar will develop a banking blockchain-based project to support money transfers in South Pacific region. Temporarily, the platform will use Lumens (XLM), which have gone up by 160% since the news.

cryptovest.com/news/ibm-and-stellar-announce-blockchain-banking-project---stellars-lumens-jumps-160/

I can keep going...

sorry, new o crypto. what coin is this, and what exchange is it on?

And what does XRP have to do with the conversation at hand?

> Autistic screeching intensifies.

If you think OMG don't have any code, the guys with Mr Magoo Money Skel, Ethereum incarnate, eats code for breakfast none other than Vitalik along with Dr. Gav Wood, Poon the author of the lightning network, and a Blockchain Lab that has been running for YEARS, I don't know what to tell you. If you think the fifth largest banking conglomerate in the world is handing over any money without doing their due diligence and examining the code, the team, the roadmap and everything else, no wonder you spend your days scrolling through other peoples githubs.

Maybe do some fucking research before spreading FUD.

> I'm not a brainlet.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

XRP mooned when everyone knew it wouldn’t be used by banks.

Umm... XRP ***is*** being used by FI's. First confirmed usage on 10/10 by money transmitter Cuallix. And Ripple has a plethora of banks testing XRP as we speak. They're more highly regulated and slow to adopt, but it's coming - and THIS is what "everyone knew". The "no bank will use XRP" fud was just that: fud.

if you dont buy because of that minor fud your going to be sorry

once the shit is up and running they are not going to be bothered fucking with it again, lumens is incredible, cheap, lightning fast tech

It's not fud, it's the truth. holy shit man, read the goddamn links: If they come out and announce a permanent partnership it will be a different story, but that is NOT what happened.

Wow you wrote all that. Here's a pretty simple thought that I think you're capable of understanding... if this wonderfully professional code exists, where is it? Let's see a link.
inb4 you link me back to github/omise-go with 238 commits.

You are a brainlet. You're upset because you've overextended yourself and your holdings. You're rationalizing your dumb gambling with, "Well gee wiz I heard the banks invested and they wouldn't do anything stupid, would they?!"

1. Banks are always stupid.
2. Banks aren't seriously investing in OMG you fucking idiot. You can't trust everything you read.

FUD articles that all sound the same. You owe it to yourself to read this: www.paulgraham.com/submarine.html , learn how journalism works. They all regurgitate the same thing coming from the same people.

You want to know how seriously IBM is taking Stellar? Read this, from a guy who works at IBM, who heads their "cryptocurrency" division, who publicly shilled Stellar back in January, who was highly involved in this decision no doubt.

linkedin.com/pulse/stellarorg-time-closer-look-jesse-lund

> Of the growing variety of complex use cases that Blockchain and DLT promise to solve, cross border payments seem the ripest for disruption. Global consumers just want to be able to send and spend their money without the existing hurdles that cause delay and high fees, and there’s no technical barrier to making real time cross currency payments a reality. A company named Ripple kinda got the idea right, but their implementation and commercialization approach has caused many large banks to pass.

> That’s where Stellar comes in. If you haven’t looked at them in a few months, it’s time. None of the household names in Blockchain and smart contracts have their own “native asset” (save Ethereum who really isn’t focused on any specific use cases). A “native asset” (be careful not to call it a cryptocurrency!) makes all the cross-border settlement stuff a lot easier. Plus, Stellar is open source and non-profit, so its motives and allegiances are not as questionable.

(1/2)

> A company named Ripple kinda got the idea right, but their implementation and commercialization approach has caused many large banks to pass.

You're really using something a guy wrote 10 months ago to support your argument which is easily proven false by the ONE HUNDRED banks Ripple has now onboarded?

C'mon man...

(cont.d)
> I recommend you start with Stellar’s stated mandate. It’s pretty compelling, with a philanthropic emphasis on financial inclusion and the underbanked. Then take a look at their architecture in the developer documentation. You’ll notice some similarities to Ripple (not a coincidence), but they’ve given a lot of additional thought to regulatory concerns—KYC, AML, and banking endpoint integration, which they call “Anchors”.

> By the way, the importance of last mile integration with the core systems of firms who have access to the domestic RTGS systems should not be understated. It isn’t serendipitous therefore that new FinTech regulation in the U.S. could introduce credible non-bank players to the payments, clearing, and settlement space. The Feds aren't dummies. They want to stay in front of this train, because if (or when?) a viable global cryptocurrency takes hold without a means for governance, it will be too late. What the central banks should really do is just create a digital denomination of their own fiat currency, but that’s an entirely different conversation.

The last paragraph here is critical. He's just hedging for what he sees as an inevitability: governments will issue crypto-like access systems to currencies. He's just putting this out there as a hedging for nervous board members that don't like the thought of IBM dumping money into an industry that they don't yet trust.

It's not that they don't believe in Stellar, it's that they think *all* cryptocurrencies will die.

1. I think he's wrong about that, and if he is wrong, something like XLM or XRP is the closest middleground I can imagine between bitcoin's laissez-faire and government crypto. Government's suck at software. Think about healthcare.gov and that whole mess. Governments won't get ahead of this, he overestimates their ability.

2. If he is right and governments will kill crypto, it's all moot anyway.

Not just any guy, he is literally the guy at IBM making these decisions.

twitter.com/jesselund

>linkedin.com/pulse/stellarorg-time-closer-look-jesse-lund

LMFAO..... Do you even realize WE'RE QUOTING THE SAME FUCKING GUY?

HE'S the one who said their use will be temporary. Jesus Christ dude.

Yes, he said, "temporary". But if you read between the lines it's clear from his blog post on linkedin that this doesn't mean that they have put plans in place to phase Stellar in and out of their systems. Temporary means "trial run". Temporary means, "not overly dedicated". He's saying that for the sake of IBM stockholders because he doesn't want to deal with fallout from investors who will dump IBM because these old money people are certain that the only successful realization of "blockchain" will be government run.

Just look at the real facts here. IBM really, actually, is using Stellar.

It's like Neo's Microsoft announcement, but this one actually happened.

IBM wouldn't partner with Stellar for 6 months and then say, "eh, fuck it, we're done here."

They're not developing their own proprietary system. They have no plans to move to anything else. They're just hedging for PR reasons.

In reality, they really truly are using Stellar, and that's huge.

>According to Lund, though, the banks use of Stellar’s digital currency is likely to be temporary. He predicts that, in the next year, central banks will begin issuing digital currencies of their own, and that these will become an integral part of blockchain-based money transfers.

Yeah, ok.

You are too far gone. Seek help

just a little drunk

Can we not use amount of commits as any kind of meter? It's totally possible (and good behavior) to commit only working versions and to balance that, it's also quite popular to commit every fucking change like it would be ctrl+s.

it's obviously going to moon jfc. just buy your bags and shut up.

How can you drink with your head up your ass.

Just because the info/code/commits isn't public doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

If you prefer to invest or speculate on coins with public code that's fine, but don't talk shit when you have no fucking clue. It makes you a brainlet.

(note, I am (ID: K314UZ+j) on a different device)

I agree with the point you're trying to make but in most of these cases it does not apply.

Cryptocurrencies are naturally collaborative and any successful collaborative online software project will not succeed if they don't engage in typical collaborative open-source development behaviors. Look into the crazy ways that things work if you want to contribute to the linux kernel or chromium or any large distributed software project. It's madness. But there's a reason behind the madness.

> It's totally possible (and good behavior) to commit only working versions and to balance that, it's also quite popular to commit every fucking change like it would be ctrl+s.

This is true but you're skewing things. I don't care to write a whole long comment about typical collaborative git workflows, but in short, features are developed locally in what's called a "feature branch" and this is what you see in all those "merging" messages. Those represent dozens of individual commits.
So while you should commit frequently and once for every atomic action, these are usually concatenated down to a single commit in upstream/master (like they do in many of the shitcoins listed.)

This is why I linked to the commit log, so that people could really look at the real substance to the commits. It's not *just* about the number of commits, but having only 300 commits is indeed a huge red flag. When you look at OMG and their commits, you can see plainly that it does not resemble typical git workflows, it does not represent a healthy collaborative development community, and the biggest point of all: This is bad for the longterm health of the software because new contributors don't know where to begin.

lumens more like poomens haha. smellar

pee pee poo poo smellar poomens

haha

upvoted

hehe haha

This shit has been a goldmine to daytrade.

>all dose wings
>all dose munni's

So this is how it ends...

ah yesh, I was wondering what would break first

ends? this is how it begins
>price plummets to 550 sats
>whales accumulate
>new ATH within the next 12 hours

no, it's fucking over retard. it pumped. it's done.

don't let your gains fall victim to D E L U S I O N

retards, they're fucking partnered with IBM

WHY DON'T YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND THAT AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

so that means it should go straight up right? oh wait...did you miss it?

no retard i bought at 450 so i'm still way up, but it's going to 4k by the end of the month

Lmao IBM? wow dude

your'e an idiot

NOBODY CARES

why? W H Y?
WHY WOULD THERE BE DEMAND FOR IT? It's still an inflationary shitcoin, what reason is there for it to increase in value aside from margin gamblers keeping a short squeeze floating?

FUCK OFF

lmoa yeah bro these guys are all faggots

can't wait until there littl scam falls apart

deluded

No need to explain it every dip. Alright here goes.
When an undervalued stock or crypto has big news and is ripe for market manipulation you have a few waves.
First wave: investors and whales buy the news (IBM)
Second wave: Whales buy at the same time driving the price up a lot. Now they have enough to manipulate the market in order to get to their real desirable holdings.
Third wave: where we are, whales are selling off large amounts to scare off new investors and weak hands so they can buy back in at a lower price than they origonally paid and increase their holdings. The ups and downs you see all day are whales and bots stealing money from scared new investors.
Fourth wave is when smart money gets poured into the space and then the price has gone too high to buy back in.
Big news like an IBM partnership doesn't just go away. Truth is most people have no idea what xlm is and will likely not even know what bitcoin is yet. Takes time but a year from now you will have successfully realized your first investment. Don't worry it gets easier every time.
My point. Don't be scared away by savy greedy investors forcing these pump and dumps. Most of them will drop the coin and run to the next hype coin because they just want gains now. I personally wont be effected if you can't handle the pressure and sell, and maybe it's not for you, but you will be effected, and when you realize you sold low at a loss and missed the boat it will be too late. Don't feed the whales. Best of luck and hodl.

it's not that it's a scam it's just that the price jump is stupid unjustified news trading. People who work in IT will tell you that IBM is a horrible company to deal with so they have no love for it, and increased volume does not necessarily mean anything for the price other than it will be more predictable. I hold a few lumens since they were so cheap when I picked them up but I can't help but sell since we got up here, maybe I'll pick them back up at 400 sats or so.

lumens are hardly an investment, they are a transactional medium, I hold them only to lend out to shorters

See? It's fuking done bro

sell your bags while you can

bene bene pasta *waves hands around wildly*

ibm is a horrible company to deal with because they were shaped into that enterprise role through big contracts to banks airlines and wall st.

don't confuse rent seeking, business savvy with inadequacy and an inability to adapt.

lmao ok well it's going down explain that

you're an idiot. I'm talking about 3-6 weeks out.You're talking about tonight.

People here have no clue. But they sure speak a lot.

here is your (You)

lol how do u feel watching ur money burn smarty pants?

Hows it fele knowing i sold at 1k and bought nav before it pumpd? fucking idiot

u guys think ur so smart but can't even TRADE haha

putting more money in and happy to have the opportunity.

Nothing is burning. Hehe

Pump is imminent. You're gonna regret shitposting about XLM.

yeah right dumb ass haha remember this post when ur daughter brings home niggers to run train on her on prom night!

I don't have a daughter, you sick fuck. But I sure have a lot of lumen to pay if your mom works here.

I love seeing a DGB in the making.
ZRX was looking like it was going to take up the mantle, since they spent weeks talking about how it was revolutionary but even after it did what anyone with a brain expected and dropped over 50% and still hasn't recovered, it didn't produce much pink wojaks and memes

I'm counting on you guys, pls make sure those pink wojaks and Stellarmarine memes start flowing in when you realize you fell for another overhyped piece of shit.

lmao my mom wouldn't fuck u for a million (((lumens))) dummy get your mind out of the gutter

please dude you know that the only reason you're here right now is because shits about to pump in a lil bit

Nah I'm here because I saw the price below 600 and I figured you bagholders might start getting entertaining real soon