Architecture / construction question

Historical construction question. What foundation was generally used for medium (around 4-6) city apartments common in renaissance cities?

I tried asking /diy/ but i was guided here

Other urls found in this thread:

skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1022349
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Another example

Stop discussing that R1 is superior for just one minute pls

Veeky Forums is only good to discuss which type of sticks people beat eachother with

I'd like to participate samefag-kun, but I don't know shit about foundations.

I'm just bumping my own thread

I'd think that you people can do some research more effectively than me

the same as roman insulae houses I guess

>inb4 the contrarian brutalist posters from /leftypol/ join the thread

I thought the same, but the question is still unanswered

However, the romans had concrete which they took long to rediscover

I am thinking they used rubble / stone / brick with cement, but i have no sources to confirm

If they can find an answer i don't care

Bump

Bump

thanks

fucking retards don't know shit that's why nobody takes any of you seriously

How much does it actually cost to build newer buildings in older styles? It can't be that much more than modern styles?

Limestone, I believe

Quality costs money; see the difference between Dresden and Skopje.

if you don't want it to look tacky, it probably costs a bit. The tradition is just not as present.

But it happens. Pic related is less than a decade old, i believe

also see following thread on skyscrapercity:
skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1022349

hundreds of pages and thousands of examples, some better than others

wrong pic, sorry

>hundreds of pages and thousands of examples, some better than others
Oh nice
Is obvious but I'm wondering relative costs to modern styles, I know a lot of people/companies cheap out but if they're spending a decent amount of money on dumb things why not do something more for the lack of a better word "aesthetic"?
Looking at some of the pics and the ones you posted there's a good enough compromise with detail

>samefag-kun

Samefag is a derogatory term, used when someone is trying to pretend to be multiple people usually to feign support for an argument. OP is merely sharing examples of what he is talking about, as he is supposed to so your use of the term makes no sense here. Please lurk more until you have learned correctly all of the Veeky Forums culture, user.

Shut the fuck up you reddit nigger.

It's economically viable, believe me. The materials, methods and costs are not different than "regular" building. The problem is just lack of architects with the proper knowlege and classical education.
It's risky that the building will just be tacky and with bad proportions and astethics.

In the past years this has been changing, there are now many architectural courses directed towards the classical. If you're in the US, Britain or Germany it's easier to find good ones.

>Veeky Forums jokes about nordics living in mud huts
>nobody here even knows what a foundation is