October 25th, 2017 Bitcoin Gold forks from Bitcoin

Keep your bitcoin in the electrum wallet starting October 24th. Get a new bitcoin gold wallet when it comes out and sweep your bitcoin private key. You get the same amount of bitcoin gold as you have bitcoin. Free money. #bitcoin

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/BTCGPU/BTCGPU/pull/2
github.com/BTCGPU/BTCGPU/issues/21
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nothing is free you moron

your mother was

But Electrum gives me like 20 private keys. How do I know what to use?

Sweep all of them.

so at best you have like 10 bitcoin and then you'll have 10 bitcoin and 10 bitcoin gold with each btcg worth 10 cents

exactly

hahahaa were you not here for the last fork?

10c lmao. If you have any BCC i'll buy it off you for 10c, you clown.

And then watch BTC immediately drop 20% and try to sell your stillbirth coins for more than a few dollars

Bch had a big community behind it. Bitcoin gold doesn't

this is a lot worse than bch. this is just a pre-mined vertcoin wannabe cashgrab.

the real threat is segwit2x, bitcoin gold is nothing

>the real threat is segwit2x

Why?

Because the tech and support behind both sides isn't completely retarded and a transparent scam?

Bcc, backed by roger ver, jihan wu and a reddit community numbering over 100

Btcg. Who?

good point

Can I just keep my coins in Bitcoin core?

bcash was free
that said, bgold wallet will likely have a trojan in it.

Like BCH?

If the founders of bitcoin gold were not out in the open I would say you could be write but now youre talking murder. If bgold wallet was a trojan hands down they would come up missing.

> the real threat is segwit2x
> threat

You are one retarded nigger. X2 is the real bitcoin, I hope the non-2x chain dies a painful death

So i guess i'll get into fiat before the fork and buy back after, i want no business with a scam coin.

>Keep your bitcoin in the electrum wallet starting October 24th.
This is wrong.
The fork already happened, and they are mining it as we speak. It happened on october 1st.
If you can sell your bitcoin gold you'd better sell it as fast as you can because that shit is going to plummet down to china

post proof

github.com/BTCGPU/BTCGPU/pull/2

so can I just put my bitcoin into electrum and sell off all my bitcoin gold on the 26. ?

Near 0 value and no replay protection, no thanks.

Nope: github.com/BTCGPU/BTCGPU/issues/21

Lol what is replay protection -- this sounds dangerous

from your same page:
things are not clear for us/me, especially not after such a statement.
still 16.000 blocks pre-mined, right? diff-adjustment after each block so you can ensure it's 150 seconds per block, which are actually then all empty.

In any case, pay attention when it comes out.
If they don't premine and they decide to do it all in an open way then I'm good for it.

let's say you have 1 BTC
after the fork you have 1 BTC and 1 S2X

you import your private key in a S2X compatible wallet, and send the S2X to the exchanges. To the address they provided.
The exchange uses a different address for BTC as for S2X, but it's ok because you're sending it to the S2X address.
The exchange gets the coin, great, your BTC is still there. Great.
When you did that, you published some data to the network, a transaction.
Now someone can take this transaction, which is public, and replay it in the real BTC network.
Your BTC goes out of your private key into the exchange's.
OOPS!

I need confirmation, but I think that the way to avoid the problem would be to, after the fork happens, send your BTC to another of your addresses. And then the S2X and BTCG to the exchange.
But hopefully they will implement replay protection before the fork happens.
If not a lot of people are going to lose their coins.

It's pretty clear they'll premine, but only after forking on a future date. What would they gain from forking earlier and getting all the hate for it?
It's a shitcoin nonetheless.

if I transfer BTC from some exchanges to electrum I'm good for this?